• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Baikal Cube 300m - Can they be linked up together?

Flip

Hi all. New to Dash Forums!

Please could someone tell me if the Baikal Cubes (300m) can be linked up together?
Wanted to get 3 of them.

Thanks!
Flip

I'm not really sure linking 3 of them together is going to do any difference, though. Just put them in a pool and you'll get corresponding rewards proportional to your hash rate

I'm not really sure linking 3 of them together is going to do any difference, though. Just put them in a pool and you'll get corresponding rewards proportional to your hash rate

Each of them need a lan wire connection if I can connect them together I can use just one Internet wire for example

You can definitely connect them together to one lets say, one 900Mhs (3x 300Mhs) Unit. They also have a quad cube version to purchase.

Benefit would be:​

Save on the necessary LAN wires and ports.​

Save 2x Poweconsumption and excess heat of the controller board, although thats not much.​

Easier access and management.​

Drawback would be:​

You can only point the whole hashing power to one pool at a time.

They have changed the cables to interconnect the units. The Cube ones are 5pin, the Mini and Giant ones are 10-pin.

When you buy a cube at a time, like I did, they do not ship a interconnect cable with it. So you would have to buy or organize them yourself from somewhere.

I'm planning to connect 4 of them together. When I purchased the Cube, the quad version was not available...

Last edited:
i'd be interested on knowing where I can buy the interconnect cables as well. Support is not offering a solution

Hi there,

the only supplier of the Baikal CUBE interconnect cables I have found so far is one on Aliexpress. That shop wants 10 USD for one cable and that's way too much.

It is very simple to build those cables yourself, I build 2 10-pin cables for my giants and about 3 cables for cubes.

All you need is the standard 4S1P connectors (usually used for balance chargers, 4 pins for the batteries, 1 pin for ground), you can order 10 of them for $0.99 from ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-New-4...715968?hash=item3d2986f700:g:DAsAAOSw32lYosZs

Then you can connect them together and voila, you got 5 cables to connect any Baikal Cube together for less than a dollar.

Please could someone tell me if the Baikal Cubes (300m) can be linked up together?

And this is how you connect them together, look at how Baikal Quads are linked together (see pin diagram with IN/OUT on page 3), it works the same way with the Baikal Giant blades (just with 10pin cables there). One device is the master and gets the commands via the USB cable from the PI, then you chain the second 5pin cable to the first slave first 5pin, from there you can use the second 5pin to the second slave, etc. up to 5 devices works stable according to Baikal.
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1o7Ugpb8

Reactions: Dee
Back