• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Announcing the winning logo! #1

eduffield

Core Developer
Thanks to everyone who voted on in the logo contest, we had a great turnout of 66 members of the community voting on the icon, we really appreciate the input. The clear winner of the logo contest was #1, with 45 total votes, the runner up was #7 with 33 votes.

cyptbVBvYTtq2CXVNCHi6LAi4rzONlKDa9cFGuldYqxF7pVUtr33ec5ihgd_lbf5zeV15BZRHCVj38c0BguuE9bcII0LKKkZE_xDhHXFflL4oSKHHLQ7aurJRRnYrow1kHkS7v8

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to everyone who voted on in the logo contest, we had a great turnout of 121 members of the community voting on the icon, we really appreciate the input. The clear winner of the logo contest was #1, with 45 total votes, the runner up was #7 with 33 votes.

cyptbVBvYTtq2CXVNCHi6LAi4rzONlKDa9cFGuldYqxF7pVUtr33ec5ihgd_lbf5zeV15BZRHCVj38c0BguuE9bcII0LKKkZE_xDhHXFflL4oSKHHLQ7aurJRRnYrow1kHkS7v8

Thanks!

It's great. Perfect!

#1 was the only logo I voted for. None of the other options (except #2 which was never a contender anyway) had a legible D.
To me, all other options were:
  • Strange alien symbol + "ASH" (#5,#7,#8,)
  • "GASH" (#6)
  • Hebrew letter + "ASH" (#3,#4)

With the winning logo, the D has the desired dash embellishment and is yet still readable as a D. Kudos to the designer.

Also, the unfinished crossbar of the A almost appears to be part of the same "streak" as the D's dash, together working synergistically to evoke an illusion of speed. To me, it is reminiscent of a drop of water streaking across the side a fast moving vehicle, sometimes catching on a pillar or mirror and lingering for a split second while its tail grows and eventually slips away.

Congratulations.

Possibly the 'D' could be animated to spin and reflect - DASH -- CASH -- DASH -- CASH, etc.

However that could totally repurpose the idea.

Back