• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Announcing DASH.ORG!

I know, many investors wouldn't be happy about 20.000 USD expenses for domain name (I am also not quite happy, but OK).

But... For projects like DASH trust and promotion are very important part of everything! And DASH.ORG name is very significant part of promotion.
Obviously this name will help us to accumulate power, trust and users more effectively than with old domain.

In other words, since this moment DASH.ORG is saving money for all of us - every single day, the best possible way.
We are not hype, we are long-term project so it will give all us more profit than current expenses in nearest years.

DASH.ORG is an important asset and investment.

that is correct, Dash.org will always retain value. indeed asset and investment.

I dont like this, .org domains are desperate and ugly.

HUGE waste of money IMO.

Investors SHOULD NOT be compensated. Who's to say this domain isn't dropped in the future, and they get paid twice for it?

Dash foundation should be paying for this with funds already received. If the foundation does not currently have the funds to purchase it, then the dash foundation cant afford it and should not have purchased it. You cant just keep printing money every time you want something, more planning and budgeting is required with the funds you're already receiving.

I think budget payments should be for costs that can't be recovered, ever. If you guys arent allocating funds for future projects off of what the foundation is already receiving, that is a mistake.

(someone's gotta be the skeptic, right?)

I would have bought this domain for you for $20k if i knew it would be a ZERO risk investment.

Last edited by a moderator:

HUGE waste of money IMO.

Investors SHOULD NOT be compensated. Who's to say this domain isn't dropped in the future, and they get paid twice for it?

Dash foundation should be paying for this with funds already received. If the foundation does not currently have the funds to purchase it, then the dash foundation cant afford it and should not have purchased it. You cant just keep printing money every time you want something, more planning and budgeting is required with the funds you're already receiving.

I think budget payments should be for costs that can't be recovered, ever. If you guys arent allocating funds for future projects off of what the foundation is already receiving, that is a mistake.

I would have bought this domain for you for $20k if i knew it would be a ZERO risk investment.

Are you thick or something? This is a hugely smart investment. Intangible value that will pay off indirectly in a massive way over the next few years. Don't be short sited and petty.

Congrats to everyone who sees the future potential of DASH!

I inquired about this domain back in Feb when he wanted $30,000 for it, luckily I decided not to pursue it. Brooke Hernandez emailed me five times afterwards seeing if he could get a bite, the final time was on the 9th Oct with this gif:

DASH.ORG
k0CjLaFL9b4lTjLMnWuzikUrU9AZ5UdWwv76zsZAAVmrioyzO-WxMDbaULXFKMRA-m_7hieiExBGHrEuymzC_vzgBB39mt21JkH6vlOgubxKX3KDUThpowU0JbFuvlUSh0QfN3y2rX_UvXj-WqOcGhBYQkdI1ZZR6nTdjOKvRhnT8V4ekr_m=s0-d-e1-ft

Congratulation, great move!

HUGE waste of money IMO.

Well, this is actually a good question. Who owns dash.org? Dash is a Virtual Corporation, can it own a domain? Does Evan own it? Or is it going to be given to the foundation to manage? I mean, we trust our group now, but at some point we have to make this a machine that can't be stolen, no? Maybe this is already set, and the details weren't considered interesting enough to post? But it would probably be a good idea, even if it's a pain in the butt, to settle all this formally :grin:

Anyway, I should say who *will* own Dash.org, because until *we* pay for it, it doesn't belong to Dash. Dash has issues showing up in google, or any search engine. If these experts say this will help, I believe it will help.

Well, this is actually a good question. Who owns dash.org? Dash is a Virtual Corporation, can it own a domain? Does Evan own it? Or is it going to be given to the foundation to manage? I mean, we trust our group now, but at some point we have to make this a machine that can't be stolen, no? Maybe this is already set, and the details weren't considered interesting enough to post? But it would probably be a good idea, even if it's a pain in the butt, to settle all this formally :grin:

Anyway, I should say who *will* own Dash.org, because until *we* pay for it, it doesn't belong to Dash. Dash has issues showing up in google, or any search engine. If these experts say this will help, I believe it will help.

I am curious about this also.

You know, a while back there was talk about just letting the foundation go, as it costs money to keep up. But in the end, I think Dash needs a "real world" interface, and the foundation is the best vehicle we have at this time to do that. So hopefully we'll get it running smoother when all the foundational coding of the DAPI has been completed :) Too much to do with too few people :)

If we keep the foundation, we should make a budget proposal for the expenses it incurs - ahead of time. Having core members pay for everything out of pocket then being compensated isn't the way to do business. Though it's understandable for secret stuff, it'd be better to have a budget on the side for discretionary spending, that later has to be explained if possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, a while back there was talk about just letting the foundation go, as it costs money to keep up. But in the end, I think Dash needs a "real world" interface, and the foundation is the best vehicle we have at this time to do that. So hopefully we'll get it running smoother when all the foundational coding of the DAPI has been completed :) Too much to do with too few people :)

If we keep the foundation, we should make a budget proposal for the expenses it incurs - ahead of time. Having core members pay for everything out of pocket then being compensated isn't the way to do business. Though it's understandable for secret stuff, it'd be better to have a budget on the side for discretionary spending, that later has to be explained if possible.

I would hope there should be no more talk about letting the foundation go... it cost nearly 4000 Dash to reimburse Evan for setting it up.

And most definitely a 'Virtual Corporation' cannot own assets - the foundation would seem an appropriate owner of the Dash.org domain name.

oh wow what an unexpected surprise, this domain just feels right. Is it safe to assume that the team's desire is to drop the 'pay' from dashpay?
I sure hope so. I was never comfortable with the term Dashpay, this is a currency, it should not equate to a payment processor. Dash is Digital Cash, much more than a Bitpay for Dash. Better now, Dashpay.io could be used by a potential Bitpay for Dash, and keeps them separate. Two birds with one stone...

Back