• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Announcing Dash Evolution Open Sourcing | Highlights From The Conference

eduffield

Core Developer
Hello!

We’re just wrapping our work here in Mexico and we want to give a short update about the project. Speaking and networking at the Latin American Bitcoin Conference has been an amazing experience and the reception we received proves that our project is definitely going in the right direction and is very interesting to many influential members of the Bitcoin community. The overwhelming response was that we are doing good work and that our concepts are very strong. These people want to help us be successful in any way they can. This is great for Dash!

As you probably already know, I gave a presentation yesterday about using Dash’s technology to resolve some of the problems Bitcoin is facing in the areas of scalability, financing, and governance. The idea I proposed is that Bitcoin could adopt a variant of the second tier (in Dash, this is the Masternode network), which would allow it to maintain stable decentralized infrastructure. They could use this infrastructure to add whatever other features they wanted (decentralized SPV, funding, governance, etc). The Latin American Bitcoin Conference has proven to be the most successful outreach we’ve done yet as a project, and we’re very excited to see what comes out of it.

At the end of my talk, I released a lot of documentation about Evolution. Our goal is to make Dash even more secure, allow it to scale to extremely large levels, and make it easier to use than any cryptographic currency that presently exists. We want to turn Dash into something that’s as easy to use as a centralized platform, like PayPal, but without the centralization. You will have friends lists, an identity-based payment system, and other common features of centralized payment services, but with total decentralization from top to bottom.

For more information, view the documentation that we have created: https://www.dash.org/evolution/

Feel free to collaborate with us, since everything is fully open-source and being designed now. We are presently at the stage of development where we have to figure out which features we want and which we don’t. We also have to prioritize and occasionally make various tradeoffs when deciding what features to implement. These choices are vitally important since they will be laying the foundation of the entire project. It’s very important that we have this type of conversation now, so we can come up with the best possible foundation to build on.

Cheers!

Evan

---------------------

Here’s some pictures we collected while we were at the conference, enjoy!

Q4edb_S8sKglm-ko3Gvkayk2J2zHgN5aefE7qN1mL1Ah0KB_qtfvgPOKPIyprUzC54Ty-avsfbk2jcUzi4d7i7xVHGazugmqbq1GYjwpbd-Opai-D65ywfDntS0mF23oNT4KU4Y_
ZNZKhDpWT3TA1t3ojdAjERQTI1bE4pklArLmXt2KyWMGUDCX4kqbEjAIOEvBw5hRdc7qpjTmJLfL_ZsntA17UCIYQk547h4CI0fDOKxUsoJWVov5iotkPmrVTnw5jw1lgmjna0pB
1EOZaPwXs8HBHUhg1YCEQC5MV5J5Ismb8k1YqsO_0wwnXApGiZYd7mZe1iGNFPlV5Jfzw3d9sdcWxtJVXbRauUdHG9toG8emkH7r3BPUKmqMafpmzXfrOyjUkWDExlc2ANHUIzEO
p6v9dA7ljoAlQ-DA0Ob9Mvdhgx3KZ4uEGxOOUauTqQ1ByPcbPrOeN_3yEnHL7j7objb9A_4-PoreSOIHzkEiu2VUNcuFzAX35cdZxbwVYya-KgTBYDrMa_1kdS9lhKDS5isETtd2
VRZ2N3Lu4bUu0z4fXUUvnlTpd88ULl1YK0h9jsp6mS72M_H76KF8NuJ6of0ACQD7f671b0jRu2GLDsPp-DVNQo-GaKgGW5bT5RtRiIWkTKeTsfCfqvOEhMx6elMxk_oqzismQjCc
vNcdkwk1_tL7A1osSHBBhaCW0JSRBkkdS0mDzQcJhBt5c4lypJ6-sr0bCMOy-NvCLSZmmQw_kSzNXLv7lgxOi8tpIizU4Jez-eEBbhp2nU0j1EmFu6vRhXLCTxupkFzAdTw7619l
bVH2umAdDA18hkIJHhq5I0Ww5fbyAa_fHrr0si8nrgsYcBrz5YWpLrtCNnGZMkSF1zGkaO7GW8u5BfMdGREPqKeMTPT2E3opatMmXMif6xw-XfCneq3BCWnIEZwFtY9s4XYc8jx7

Videos from the conference:

The panel including my presentation:

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent work, congratulations.

Nice angle with the "we're here to help" to the Bitcoin crowd. It sounds like the attendees have a different, more positive perspective than the Bitcoin braintrust. Here are some quotes from the Scaling conference in Hong Kong:

6zo70g.jpg

Well done Evan, great to see you getting out there and making waves.

I hope the qt from TheDailyDecrypt is as nice as I think she is :grin:

Don't forget the interview:

Lead developer Evan Duffield discusses Bitcoin Scalability, the open source development plan for DASH Evolution during LaBitconf 2015. The next stage of DASH development will be featuring decentralized social data storage, social network functionality, an identity system, a decentralized API and more.

During an interview with DisrupTek.info at LaBitconf 2015, Evan Duffield got into depth about the future of DASH development, aimed to bring “Paypal-like” functionality to the digital currency with notable advancements in ease of use.

Don't forget the interview:

Lead developer Evan Duffield discusses Bitcoin Scalability, the open source development plan for DASH Evolution during LaBitconf 2015. The next stage of DASH development will be featuring decentralized social data storage, social network functionality, an identity system, a decentralized API and more.

During an interview with DisrupTek.info at LaBitconf 2015, Evan Duffield got into depth about the future of DASH development, aimed to bring “Paypal-like” functionality to the digital currency with notable advancements in ease of use.

Great work, Juan! A joy to watch.

Back