• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Android Wallet

Seems like there is no way to set a "spending pin"
In the bitcoin wallet, which seems to be the base for darkcoin wallet, i can set a spending pin
Why did you remove this fonction?

The app was forked from version 3.x of the bitcoin wallet, it doesn't have the PIN feature.

Eventually, the app will be upgraded to Bitcoin Wallet 4.x which does have this feature, among others such as paper wallet sweep.

Importing keys is not possible at this time, except for when restoring backups.

Some users are having trouble with missing transactions, which is a common problem to have with these SPV wallets. I turned on bloom filters and that may actually help.

Other users are asking about InstantX and DarkSend. After looking at the code, it appears that DarkSend might be possible as well as InstantX, but much coding and testing will be required.

I am in the process of upgrading the app to Bitcoin Wallet 4.x

This will have these new features:
* Paper Wallet Sweep
* PIN Code support
* HD Wallet with seed value

Hopefully we can add InstantX and DarkSend later, but we should get the code updated to the latest security measures.

Ditto !! Hoping to upgrade my iphone to an android, will keep a look in!

Hello there my wallet got stuck i cant send any coins, i have reset the blockchain but still nothing.
Just got into crypto so i dont know much of it could someone help me.

Thanks in advance.

A new beta is ready for testing:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/hashengineering.darkcoin.wallet (not working yet).
https://github.com/HashEngineering/darkcoin-wallet/releases/tag/v4.0-beta2

Changes include:
Dash Rebranding
InstantX support (sending only). Can't yet spend received InstantX transactions until 6 confirms.

I backed up the wallet via 'Safety' , renamed the extension to .dat, put it into the Dash roaming folder.
Running produces 'wallet corrupt' , salvage wallet/repair wallet/upgrade wallet all fail.
Is this only for backups to other android Dash wallets and not PC, or am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for providing update for you app with 0.12 support. What I've noticed: on start screen without coins the text says "Bitcoins" not Dash (german). "Noch keine Bitcoins empfangen. Wie komme ich an Bitcoins? ..."

Back