• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Android Wallet v4

HashEngineering

Hash Engineering Solutions continues to work on a standalone Android Wallet that is forked from the Bitcoin Wallet by Andreas Schildbach (now version 4.x).

This new version will have these features:
1. Sweep Paper Wallet
2. PIN Code support
3. HD Wallet / seed value

This version requires Android 4.0 and above.

Future Possible Features:
3. DarkSend - We think this feature could be added to the Android Wallet. We intend to work on this.
4. InstantX - We don't know if the Android Wallet will be compatible with this feature. Looks like a lot of coding will be required.

Wallet currently syncs to the current block. Some users are reporting missing transactions that are fixable by a blockchain reset.

Source code:
https://github.com/HashEngineering/darkcoinj (Darkcoin Java Library) - branch release-12
https://github.com/HashEngineering/darkcoin-wallet (Darkcoin Wallet) - branch release-4
Change Log:
v4.0-beta - first publish.

Downloads for Main Net / Beta Program for version 4.x
https://github.com/HashEngineering/darkcoin-wallet/releases/tag/v4.0-beta
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/hashengineering.darkcoin.wallet (beta program)

I wish I had an Android phone !
:wink:
Passed the message out to my android people
tx for the update

I am also translating the darksend, masternode and instantx sections of the C++ code into Java. Hopefully this will result in some workable code that can be used to add Darkcoin specific features to the android app.

I am also translating the darksend, masternode and instantx sections of the C++ code into Java. Hopefully this will result in some workable code that can be used to add Darkcoin specific features to the android app.

any iOS Apps in the pipeline ?

Unfortunately, No, that would require significant hardware costs and a learning curve. Although, there is a Bitcoin Wallet for iOS, so it wouldn't be all that hard, maybe.

Tx for your reply
appreciate it !

Yes iOS is one problem, and then the next is to get on and past the iTunes store i imagine.
I think so too , as BTC Wallet (iOS) is available it should be not that hard to copy/ convert that.

Tx for now
fingers crossed for us iPhone people for the future

I will be performing some tests soon. DarkSend and InstantX to the android Wallet (in other words in the cases of receiving).

My guess is that InstantX will not be instant (but require 6 confirmations).

My other guess is that DarkSend will work.

At this time, of course, the Android Wallet does not support either DarkSend or InstantX for sending DRK.

Here are the test results:

Regular Transaction. App was notified after transaction was sent and the transaction confirmed after 6 blocks were solved.
InstantX Transaction. App was not notified after transaction was sent, but rather after the transaction got 1 confirmation and the transaction was fully confirmed after 6 blocks were solved.
DarkSend Transaction. Not tested.

My first task will be to receive initial notification of the InstantX transaction, followed by making it spendable after enough MasterNodes have locked it.

More Test Results for Transaction Sent to the Android App from the Desktop Client:
Dark Send Transaction: The app was notified immediately. Then it took 6 confirmations to become spendable.

The next test will be to send an InstantX transaction from the App (which is a new feature currently being added).

More Test Results for Transaction Sent to the Android App from the Desktop Client:
Dark Send Transaction: The app was notified immediately. Then it took 6 confirmations to become spendable.

The next test will be to send an InstantX transaction from the App (which is a new feature currently being added).

that is great news
I had a bunch of requests for an
android wallet + questions regarding IX and DS

how is your DS in the moment (if even) ?!

Edit:
wouldn't it be an option to
anonymize coins on PC Wallet
DS them to Android wallet
Android wallet has a DS section (only for anonymize do coins)
and send out from there
keeping Normal / DS seperate should help i imagine

any thoughts ?
tx

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no DarkSend support in the app. I am still learning how it works in the DarkCoin Core client software. Theoretically, it could be implemented, but much work is required.

Regarding InstantX, I sent an instantX transaction from the app. It was received by the desktop client (Darkcoin Core) and was recognized as an instantx transaction. However, the app treated as a regular transaction and required 6 transactions to confirm. This is not bad, I suppose, because the receiver could spend the coins right away.

Great
tx for the update
i will pass that along

More work has resulted in an app that can receive InstantX transactions, but cannot spend them until 6 confirms. This is a little better than waiting until 1 confirm before it shows up.

Appreciate you guys taking to the time to make this wallet. You make apps to support many different coins and I'm happy you chose DRK as one of the ones you keep up with.

Back