• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

All Wallets - Documentation, setup and security guides (Updated May 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tungfa

Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Dash Core Wallet
Dash Core Wallet is the full official release of Dash, and supports all Dash features as they are released, including InstantSend and PrivateSend, as well as an RPC console and governance features. Dash Core Wallet (sometimes known as the QT wallet, due to the QT software framework used in development) is a professional or heavy wallet which downloads the full blockchain (several GB in size) and can operate as both a full node or masternode on the network.
Dash Electrum Wallet
Dash Electrum is a light wallet which uses powerful external servers to index the blockchain, while still securing the keys on your personal computer. Transactions are verified on the Dash blockchain using a technique called Secure Payment Verification (SPV), which only requires the block headers and not the full block. This means that wallet startup is almost instant, while still keeping your funds secure and mobile.
Dash Android Wallet
Dash offers a standalone wallet for Android, with development supported by the Dash budget. The Dash Android Wallet supports advanced Dash features, including contact management and InstandSend. You can scan and display QR codes for quick transfers, backup and restore your wallet, keep an address book of frequently used addresses, pay with NFC, sweep paper wallets and more.
Dash iOS Wallet
Dash offers a standalone wallet for iOS, with development supported by the Dash budget. The official Dash Wallet supports advanced Dash features such as InstandSend. You can scan and display QR codes for quick transfers, backup your wallet using a recovery phrase and even pay to Bitcoin addresses through native integration with ShapeShift.
Dash Copay Wallet
The Dash Copay wallet is a modern and feature-rich wallet available for both mobile and desktop devices. It supports advanced Dash features including InstantSend, HD address generation, user-friendly address books, multiple wallets in one app and easy to use multi-signature wallets. Dash Copay is a light wallet, meaning that even though a full copy of the blockchain is not required for use, the private keys to your addresses are stored securely on your device and under your control at all times.
Dash Paper Wallet
The Dash Paper Wallet generator allows you to generate, encrypt and secure the keys to a single Dash address on a clean computer without ever connecting to the internet. Perfect for long term secure storage.
Hardware Wallets
A hardware wallet is a type of device which stores private keys for a blockchain in a secure hardware device, instead of in a database file such as wallet.dat used with common software wallets. This offers major security advantages over software wallets, as well as practical benefits over paper wallets.
Third Party Wallets
These wallets have been developed by external developers to support Dash. Many third party wallets support multiple different cryptocurrencies at the same time, or integrate instant cryptocurrency exchanges.
Web/Cloud Wallets
Web wallets are services which keep a Dash balance for you, while maintaining control of the private keys on your behalf. Any Dash stored on exchanges falls under this category, but there are also some services able to store Dash for you through simple Google/Facebook login systems. Be extremely careful with web storage, as your Dash is only as secure as the reputation of the company storing it for you. A particular exception is MyDashWallet.org, which provides a secure web interface to the Dash blockchain while leaving you with full control of your private keys.
Dash Evolution
Dash Evolution is the code name for a decentralized currency platform built on Dash blockchain technology. The goal is to provide simple access to the unique features and benefits of Dash to assist in the creation of decentralized technology. Dash introduces a tiered network design, which allows users to do various jobs for the network, along with decentralized API access and a decentralized file system.

Dash Evolution is a work in progress. It will eventually include many components such as:
  • DashDrive: A decentralized shared file system for user data that lives on the second tier network
  • DAPI: A decentralized API which allows third tier users to access the network securely
  • DashPay Decentralized Wallets: These wallets are light clients connected to the network via DAPI and run on various platforms
  • Second Tier: The masternode network, which provides compensated infrastructure for the project
  • Budgets: The second tier is given voting power to allocate funds for specific projects on the network via the budget system
  • Governance: The second tier is given voting power to govern the currency and chart the course the currency takes
  • Quorum Chain: This feature introduces a permanent stable masternode list, which can be used to calculate past and present quorums
  • Social Wallet: We introduce a social wallet, which allows friends lists, grouping of users and shared multisig accounts.
How To Buy Dash
Dash can be purchased and sold in several ways, each with different advantages and disadvantages. The following options are available:
Wallet Guides
Documentation in this section describes common tasks and questions relating to all wallets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. This is where I need to be... Tnx tf !
I can see where I should have set up an electrum wallet, instead of the qt wallet.
Now that LT has made smoke. I'm anxious to build another pc, learn how to use linux, and see if the information stored in the qt remains valid.
I feel recovery will be good, because I do know recovery was successful following a large number of crashes I was unable pin down the cause of, at the time.
Next, when I build a machine, I would like to see if I can set up an electrum wallet, and tranfer data between it, and the defunct qt, which should reside within the ether... Somewhere in this mess I must learn about exmo? and fiat gatways, perils and pitfalls,..
Best
rc

The How To Buy Dash is about exchanging crypto, Not how or where to use fiat to get the crypto...
and there are two of the shapeshift vids posted in succession, and none on poloniex.
There's also no mention of fees charged for their services.
I can see value in crypto... I want to support a community interested in P2P without engaging the fed reserve system.
...the other day, I put on a vid of jyellen speaking officially from a podium for friends to watch, then I put on a presentation by Amanda B. Johnson declaring why she liked crypto... Then, my question was, do you want jyellen controlling your money, or follow the method described by amanda ?
I want to support the DASH community and need to see more, and explicit information on the fiat access ramps ed has spoken about.
I want to trade my fiat for DASH. NOT look for some method to buy btc, pay that broker, then pay him again to exchange for DASH !
How difficult must it be to present fiat for DASH ?
Is a reserve system institution going to throw up flags if I spend fiat at a known crypto exchange ?
Where are These discussions and tutorials ?
Best
rc
...and I have no expectation of privacy... them boys up in utah see everything, and may call it up at any time in the future, when this or that flag goes up.
I just don't want to fund them ! Perhaps if my ledger work is done offline, and the encryptrf blocks are then sent via the web, there may be a decent alternative for P2P.

The How To Buy Dash is about exchanging crypto, Not how or where to use fiat to get the crypto...
and there are two of the shapeshift vids posted in succession, and none on poloniex.
There's also no mention of fees charged for their services.
I can see value in crypto... I want to support a community interested in P2P without engaging the fed reserve system.
...the other day, I put on a vid of jyellen speaking officially from a podium for friends to watch, then I put on a presentation by Amanda B. Johnson declaring why she liked crypto... Then, my question was, do you want jyellen controlling your money, or follow the method described by amanda ?
I want to support the DASH community and need to see more, and explicit information on the fiat access ramps ed has spoken about.
I want to trade my fiat for DASH. NOT look for some method to buy btc, pay that broker, then pay him again to exchange for DASH !
How difficult must it be to present fiat for DASH ?
Is a reserve system institution going to throw up flags if I spend fiat at a known crypto exchange ?
Where are These discussions and tutorials ?
Best
rc
...and I have no expectation of privacy... them boys up in utah see everything, and may call it up at any time in the future, when this or that flag goes up.
I just don't want to fund them ! Perhaps if my ledger work is done offline, and the encryptrf blocks are then sent via the web, there may be a decent alternative for P2P.

Well
- these videos as far before "FIAT Access Ramp initative", so just hold on, eventually we will have new videos when the Ramps are build !
- Poloniex link fixed
- "There's also no mention of fees charged for their services."
do your own research please, if i post a number and the rates change you can imagine the shirts.... i am getting :eek:
- "Is a reserve system institution going to throw up flags if I spend fiat at a known crypto exchange ?"
not sure what you mean ? :rolleyes:

"not sure what you mean ? :rolleyes: "

:)
Well that makes two of us, tf ! lol
Thank you very much for your contribution, tf! and also the quick response !
....fees... well, I have no objection to fees for service rendered. yet I do believe the premier graphic in this series of NEW presentations was the jolly roger, warning of scams and other scurilous behaviour a newbie such as myself may be drawn into by something as simple as a lower rate for services...
I don't want my entry of a dog into the race to be accompanied by an exclamation of, 'Stay away from this gateway at any price!'
...I suspect the fiat banking system will take a strong, even harsh, exception to alternatives... It may be possible to exchange frn's or Au for DASH on the corner, beneath a street lamp, yet I would most likely do it using a debit card or pp transfer. Both those may put a hold on disbursement ! And I Do know that from personal experience. :-( 21 days for a simple transfer ??? A gift, a personal loan ?
Elsewhere, Daniel Garcia described a crypto friendly institution located in Panama. Certainly when other banks in the international system see recurring transfers to that clearing house address, they may put a stop to it ? Cause a delay ? Who knows what the response may be ?
Tnx again, tf ! Where else to discuss these concerns ?
:)
rc

Updated ;)
this is the best link:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1146941
AC6RfLm.png

Last edited:
can set up an electrum wallet, and tranfer data between it, and the defunct qt, which should reside within the ether

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back