• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

All coins lost, Error message importing old Darkcoin wallet: all transaction at 0.000

bou

Hi, I just tryed to import my old backup in the new application.

I DL the wallet, and replace the Wallet.dat with my backup.
I uwe windows 10 64b.
I got an error message then:

Warning: error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly, but transaction data or address book entries might be missing or incorrect.

Then my wallet is loading and trying to sync.
Transactions are listed, with dates, but always a 0.000drk, and of course, the final sum of my account is O.OOO

Is there a way to recover my drk?

Yes, I use the QT client. I don't know with tool to used. I tryed a few without any success.

Here is a sample of a transaction:

Status: 387465 confirmationsDate: 21/04/2014 18:27Net amount: 0.00000000 DASHTransaction ID: 6c4d60aba3e0e9c9cfbf8af0e4e7132f5feebc617287a547201cf5810113f1c4-000

The problem is of course the amount of O DASH

What versions are you on, the last client your wallet.dat was ok with and the new client?

EDIT: Iirc there was a wallet update that needed those tools, v0.10 I think but not sure.

Thoses vids talk just about installing the new wallet and replacing the wallet with your save.

I did it correctly since my transactions are listed, the only problem (huge) is that all my transactions are listed as 0.0000

Thanks for your answer anyway :)

Do you have txindex=1 in your dash.conf file? If not try adding it and reindexing. Still checking through old threads on similar atm.

EDIT: Nothing's lost btw, it just can't read them is all. Iirc some got around it by exporting the private key and using it to create a new wallet but there where simpler and safer solutions.

Reactions: bou
This is my last transaction, so my wallet is about 21 month old...

Status: 387506 confirmationsDate: 21/04/2014 18:27Net amount: 0.00000000 DASHTransaction ID: 6c4d60aba3e0e9c9cfbf8af0e4e7132f5feebc617287a547201cf5810113f1c4-000

Sry, caught up with something here but will dig something out tomorrow, as far as I can remember it's because of the v0.11 to v0.12 upgrade but didn't dig out a clear thread on the issues.

TanteStefana, you remember any from then?

reindex !
wallet is not showing anything (coins) as not indexed (synced) correctly !

You have old wallet format, fix this with Upgrade wallet format (tools->wallet repair),
then restart wallet and run reindex.

PS. Keep your original old wallet.dat safe, and you can try anything with out risk.

Ok, I'll try to do that.

So I launch my wallet got error message, click ok then the programm said it does a rescann, then wallet repair-upgrade wallet format, then it relaunch

When it relaunch, i got the same error message (All keys read correctly, but transaction data or address book entries might be missing or incorrect.), then I click OK and the programm said it does a rescann, then after a while my wallet is launched, and I got the same transactions of 0.0000dash

I did a reindex next and the programm said it reindex blocks on disck...my transaction slowly appear...but still with O.OOOOdash
Thnks for your help anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I used the zapwallet option, the wallet restart immediatly, and the loading screen pop up, then everithyng disapperad before I can reach to the front page of the wallet (like if all the wallet shut down before starting)

I did it with both the zapwallet with the same result.

Back