• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

All coins lost, Error message importing old Darkcoin wallet: all transaction at 0.000

So I used the boostrap file, relaunch the Dash wallet, the programm rescann, the file was reanamed boostrap.dat.old (so I assume it worked), and my wallet was same as before: all transaction at 0.000Dash.
I did not used or was asked about my password, I assumed it is normal?

So I used the boostrap file, relaunch the Dash wallet, the programm rescann, the file was reanamed boostrap.dat.old (so I assume it worked), and my wallet was same as before: all transaction at 0.000Dash.
I did not used or was asked about my password, I assumed it is normal?

Yep, that's normal :/ Very surprised they haven't shown up correctly yet, maybe there are other things worth trying but tbh I'd try creating a new wallet from the private key at this stage. You're familiar with the console, dumpprivkey and importprivkey? Crude but it should fix it, I'd move them to a new wallet after though.

Reactions: bou
Never heard of it, but I'll look into it, thanks for the advice anyway.

If I understand correctly, I need to figure out what my dark address is, then use "dumpprivkey myaddress", create an new wallet and then importprivkey?

Somewhere in the process I have to put my passphrase?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hum, other thing: the console seems to not respond to my command
walletpassphrase "password" 60 and return me with an incorrect password, does it make sense at this stage?

Yes, "dumpprivkey Xbon36F261wXDL4p1CEZAX28t8U4ayR9uu" for example but with one of your own addresses, copy the key, shut down and move your saved wallet.dat elsewhere, restart and "importprivkey" with the copied private key followed by a reindex. The password thing is worrying, you can change the password with the options in the Qt client? Never heard of any issues with the console in the Qt client but never really used it for this kind of thing either, not sure how to even get a command line with windows though :/

Hmm, that's really strange.
Do you have old darkcoin-qt.exe saved somewhere? If you don't, the oldest one I was able to find is https://github.com/dashpay/dash-binaries/tree/0e1d074ae6806de8806b74cca18de4e04e0fd4fa. Hopefully it's old enough.
Backup current Dash folder (%APPDATA\Dash\) so that you don't have to resync/reindex again and then replace wallet.dat with the old one (from 2014 backup) and try running darkcoin-qt.exe. It will not be able to find blocks or nodes but you should be able to try to use your password and to use "dumpprivkey <your_address>" to get private keys. Use "listaddressgroupings" command to get the list of all your addresses.

EDIT: one more thing, about password: if you copy it from file make sure you copy exactly one line, no line breaks (I believe this was fixed a long ago but maybe your text editor does some weird things while working with clipboard)

Thanks, I know one of my address (my main one), I will try the old QT

Clicking on darkcoin-qt.exe in the list and on "view raw" in the next page brings it up as a download here, there's probably a much more correct way of doing it though :)

EDIT: The "raw" button has a direct URL of the file that can be used with a download manager.

Thanks.

I have the same error with the old Darkcoin qt, except that it crashes and did not oppen after the error message...

Thanks.

I have the same error with the old Darkcoin qt, except that it crashes and did not oppen after the error message...

That's with your original wallet.dat, the same as the one on the CD without any of the repair tools used on it?

EDIT: Lol, sorry you're having so much trouble with it, there where a lot of changes between v0.11 and v0.12 and for most it was a simple upgrade but not so easy for some. Maybe back up the entire Darkcoin folder so it can start form zero... that client will be looking for a darkcoin folder, not a dash folder btw, the vids already went over that one though.

Yes, it's with my old saved wallet, I have the same error message about transaction data missing, then it crashed.

It's terrible: I have the file, I have my address, I found it in the blockchain with my 300 Darkcoin, I have the detail of all my transaction in the dash-wallet, only thing missing in my wallet is the amount of each transaction (in the wallet, in the adress explorer there is the correct amount of course). There is no way to make my wallet sync the transaction with the one in the chain?

I'd imagine it's getting pretty frustrating at this stage, if it comes to it there's a good number of folks here I'd trust with a copy of the wallet.dat or private key to get it sorted out, shouldn't need that though. How did you get on with changing the wallet password in with the option in the Qt client? I don't see how the command in the console window wouldn't be accepted while the password change would but it might tell us something. As far as I remember you can change it to an empty password and so wont need to unlock the wallet to use dumpprivkey.

That's with your original wallet.dat, the same as the one on the CD without any of the repair tools used on it?

EDIT: Lol, sorry you're having so much trouble with it, there where a lot of changes between v0.11 and v0.12 and for most it was a simple upgrade but not so easy for some. Maybe back up the entire Darkcoin folder so it can start form zero... that client will be looking for a darkcoin folder, not a dash folder btw, the vids already went over that one though.
Ah, right, it was Darkcoin folder at that time, no need to backup Dash then and wallet.dat should go there instead of Dash folder of course.

bou mind sharing debug.log from both Darkcoin and Dash folders? [email protected]

I'd imagine it's getting pretty frustrating at this stage, if it comes to it there's a good number of folks here I'd trust with a copy of the wallet.dat or private key to get it sorted out, shouldn't need that though. How did you get on with changing the wallet password in with the option in the Qt client? I don't see how the command in the console window wouldn't be accepted while the password change would but it might tell us something. As far as I remember you can change it to an empty password and so wont need to unlock the wallet to use dumpprivkey.

I just tried to unlock it to use the command tu get my key...without success.

Sorry for the tone of my last message by the way, it is a bit frustrating indeed. I let the rest of my darkcoin in wallet after the mintpal scam witch take half of them, sleep onto my wallet for 2 years, to find it unusable :(
I was thinking of a minor bug at first, but finding no source of it elsewhere started to worried me a lot more.
Anyway, thanks for all your kind help :)

No prob :) If you're sure your wallet password is correct then you'll need to get the older client running to extract it but if that one still crashes with even when starting with no darkcoin folder then it's a bit beyond me tbh, UdjinM6 should be able to tell a lot from those debug.log files though.

bou got your wallet.dat, thanks, writing here instead of replying to you email to make everyone aware of the progress.

Can you remember what version you were using? Was it "officially" compiled or did you compile it yourself? I can remember one had such issues because of "--with-incompatible-db" flag. I recompiled "DarkCoin version v0.9.1.2-beta" (which I think is older than 04/2014), I even tried with db5.3 because I guessed it could be compiled with "--with-incompatible-db" too for some reason but result is still the same.

One last hope: the wallet you sent me - was it the wallet from your backup (unmodified) or was it the one you already tried to recover? If that's the original one I guess wallet file was already corrupted at the time of backup.

EDIT: I just remembered another possible way to corrupt wallet.dat - were you using it on windows too or was it some other OS (e.g. linux) before?

Hi, I used the precompiled wallet. I was on windows 8.1 probably and always used the wallet from the Darkcoin site.

I will sent you the file I have on my usb drive. Yesterday I sent you the modified file.
Strangely (I did not remember it does it last time) the first time I launch it said "corrupted file", if I try to copy paste my wallet.dat then it does not said that anymore, and show my the original error message.

I have a big power issue with my former computer, so one of my hard drive litteraly burn (a little), and my ssd drive is dead too (even if it did not burn) in the process. Both had backup, so I turn to my usb drive backup that was in a box in the house, it is my last backup...

Here is the inside ow my wallet by the way, so it seems to work a little...

419324dark.png

Back