• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Alerts When Masternode Update Needed

nodeComplex

Hello,

I run several masternodes. What is the best way to be made aware when the masternode version "Must" be update to avoid no longer receiving payment.

For example: on DashNinja.pl today it says "Masternode Operators MUST be running 0.12.0.56 or greater".
1)How much time does a masternode owner have to comply
2)Is there an alert on a particular list that goes out to notify users that I can subscribe to?
3)What is the window allotted allowing masternode operators to update their software?

I have updated all of mine to 12.0.56

Thank you,

Hello,

I run several masternodes. What is the best way to be made aware when the masternode version "Must" be update to avoid no longer receiving payment.

For example: on DashNinja.pl today it says "Masternode Operators MUST be running 0.12.0.56 or greater".
1)How much time does a masternode owner have to comply
2)Is there an alert on a particular list that goes out to notify users that I can subscribe to?
3)What is the window allotted allowing masternode operators to update their software?

I have updated all of mine to 12.0.56

Thank you,
The download website of dash.org is the reference for update info.

dashninja.pl is run by elbereth and he is using the git tags to determine the latest released version. His wording "MUST" is not correct in that sense.

Usually you are save running a masternode on the latest "protocolversion". This has not changed since almost half a year now, and even a 0.12.0.49 node still complies to the network.

Hope that helps,
Holger

If you registered your masternodes with Dashwhale.org and enabled the Dashwhale update script, you get a notification by email/mobile push notification/slack in case your masternodes do not run the latest protocolversion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back