• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Additional Network Layers and Governance v3

Dash is not publishing their updates as open source until it is ready for release, there's too much competition and too many people who would undermine them. Protecting information is important now that Dash is a major player.
This centralized way to develop software has been proved wrong. You need as many people as possible to watch your bugs (and especially your design bugs) from the very beginning. Go on and follow the closed source model. Your failure is assured.

Wow, 4 (FOUR!) contributions in three years. Watch out Peter Wuille.

How many commits does Evan Duffield have to Bitcoin Core? How many lines of Bitcoin Core code did he use to make his Instamined billion dollar fortune?

If the TAWP-SEKRIT technology in Evolution is so great, why don't you contribute it to Bitcoin Core first? You could use BTC as a guinea pig, to make sure Evolution's new features work in production. Think about how much it would raise Dash's profile if Bitcoin copied Evolution!
I'm not working on Bitcoin, I'm working on Dash. And thus I contribute back when I discover an issue in backported code, I don't look for issues in Bitcoin code specifically.
Evo can't work on Bitcoin - they will never integrate masternodes and having masternodes is one of the major design requirements.

Evo can't work on Bitcoin - they will never integrate masternodes and having masternodes is one of the major design requirements.
Have you ever proposed a BitcoinImprovementProposal regarding masternodes, and the bitcoin community refused it? If yes, where is your BIP? If no, then how do you know they will never intergrate masternodes?

Write a BIP as @UdjinM6, and offer it to the bitcoin community. If they deny your BIP, then you are right complaining. But if the Bitcoin community accepts your masternodes-BIP (or an improved masternodes-BIP which wiill be based and will respect your core ideas about governance) then, upon the common decision of the Dash masternodes and the Bitcoin masternodes, you should be able (and be ready) to merge Dash blockchain with Bitcoin blockchain. This blockchain merge requires another BIP/DIP, of course.

Last edited:
I see no need for this proposal. Also, the ad hominem slinging that started with an irrelevant debate over open- vs. closed-source code is demeaning to this forum. Take it outside, children.

such as the failure mode now occurring as overpaid MN staking cannibalizes vital revenue needed to keep the PoW ecosystem healthy.

There's no evidence that the PoW ecosystem is unhealthy. Everyone whining about mining profitability for weeks and yet the hashrate is still going up.

I love the idea.

My first thought is that once you have the platform, it would be easy to have "tiers" of proposals to look through.

There would of course be the full, ready proposals featured front and center; but you could also have a separate level for pre-proposals or small projects (<10 dash) that wouldn't make sense to have a full proposal for, but that could be evaluated in the same manner, by any masternodes that have spare time/attention from the "big" projects.

You could remove the 10% voting threshold requirement, and have the projects funded by a sub-dao fund that has a normal, recurring proposal to get funding, but that disperses the funds without having the same requirements for a proposal fee.

Like you mentioned, it could function like kickstarter where all these "mini-proposals" are sorted by category, and masternodes could drop in and evaluate whatever category they feel like they are qualified to evaluate and have the time/attention for.

It would solve a lot of the problems people are complaining about in terms of the high proposal fee, without swamping the masternodes with a deluge of tiny proposals to sort through if they only want to evaluate the "important" ones.

Last edited:
Back