• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

A Tale They Would Remove In Dash Talk Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
And just for completeness sake, here you go. All my moderator actions of the last 19 days. First 3 pages of the modlogs filtered for me specifically since I do almost all of the modding myself.
07x5UzL.jpg

• Most of the removals are duplicate or spam threads/comments as easily visible by the title
  • One comment by Tao I had to remove because it called for a vote brigade which is against global Reddit rules. You can ask Tao: He knows about this and accepted the reason
  • Another thread (besides Tao's which is in question here) was removed as offtopic because the user was complaining about someone else and instead of reporting that user (there is a report button below every submission) they launched a useless witch hunt. In the end that user thanked me for warning the violator (after I had to find him myself because they wouldn't give me a hint) and has accepted the reason for removal. You can ask them yourself as the username is shown.

As you can see most of my actions are approving comments to make them visible or maintaining the subreddit's wiki and information sidebar.

So: How much censorship do you think takes place on r/dashpay?
Why don't you instead ask yourself why nobody except for obvious trolls who constantly smack talk Dash elsewhere complain about our moderation?
Moderation of content is not censorship of opinion (until it happens to one personally of course!)

Looking at above list of moderation actions, i keep wondering why you did not lock Tao's thread like you did with the 'Dash Tokenomics AMA with Ryan Taylor' thread,
instead of removing it like just any duplicate or spam thread. It seems you use both lock and remove actions.

rTtu3iM.jpg

Maybe there should be more of an distinction between removing threads that are spam or duplicate and locking threads that are off topic.

Last edited:
Looking at above list of moderation actions, i keep wondering why you did not lock Tao's thread like you did with the 'Dash Tokenomics AMA with Ryan Taylor' thread,
instead of removing it like just any duplicate or spam thread. It seems you use both lock and remove actions.

rTtu3iM.jpg

Of course I've locked Ryan's AMA and it has nothing to do with censorship. The AMA had concluded and Ryan left the conversation as he indicated himself. Further posts would only deteriorate the state of the conversation. Other subs do that too when an AMA is finished. It was an ontopic, highly focused and time constrained discussion strictly about Dash. After it's finished it's locked to preserve the answers for future reference. It was a perfectly reasonable action and standard practice all over the web for specific cases like this.

And since you've ignored my message explaining why I did not lock Tao's post let me simply write it again:

"[Locking the thread is] a nonsensical approach to the violation. It is offtopic content that has nothing to do with the Dash cryptocurrency as I have thoroughly explained above. If someone started talking about their kidney stones on r/dashpay I would have to close the thread for comments and leave it visible going by that logic."

Maybe there should be more of an distinction between removing threads that are spam or duplicate and locking threads that are off topic.

Maybe. But I did not write Reddit's backend. It is what it is and I have nothing to hide here.

Think we have beaten this low value thread to death now, closing it and unpinning it so we can move on, I have better things to do than
listen to more whining about volunteer staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back