• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

A quick question please...

Dasher1

Just looking into Dash at the moment.....first impressions are favourable but there's one question I'm hoping someone could help me with please ... or at least point me in the right direction.
I'm trying to visualise Dash as a future payment coin......something you could use to purchase a couple of coffee's with for instance but let's assume the price increases further ... who will want to buy those coffee's with 0.00000000020 Dash.....?..OK I know that's a bit extreme but isn't the value and scarcity of this crypto going to be an issue here for small everyday payments..?.
Any help appreciated.

Last edited:
Yes of course. You are right.

But everybody here are brainwashed by Satoshi. Satoshi left the stupid bitcoin idea, but his followers are still hoping and believing to time-space asymetric cryptocoins, like the communists or any other religion.

They believe that all the money should belong to a generation. This is what satoshi told them. This is how bitcoin has been created. It was the coin of the 2009-2010 generation. And they keep this guideline. They believe that the future generations have no right to money at all. Future generations must serve the previous generations, they are born slaves and servants to all those who were the "smart ones" and they managed to mine most of the money, before even the new generations were born! For example, the Dash generation of 2014-2016 owns more than the one third of the total dash! And they believe that this is correct and normal.

So dont expect people here to answer to you something resonable. Most of them are fools, blinds and brainwashed by satoshi's time-space asymmetric way of creating money. Bitcoin and all the derivatives are a total failure as money objects, they have already been rejected by the society. They can be considered only as collectible items, like the stamps, the bottle caps e.t.c. But some people still hope......or maybe they do not, but they are just trying to hide the facts and the truth, by using brainwashing and advertising (they recruit beautifull women and men in order to achieve this goal), in order to fool some naives and sell their product.

Last edited:
Helpful as ever Demo :rolleyes:

I'm sure you'll get some helpful replies from knowledgeable community members shortly. It's an interesting and valid point you make though :)

Walter

P.S. Welcome to the community!

Just looking into into Dash at the moment.....first impressions are favourable but there's one question I'm hoping someone could help me with please ... or at least point me in the right direction.
I'm trying to visualise Dash as a future payment coin......something you could use to purchase a couple of coffee's with for instance but let's assume the price increases further ... who will want to buy those coffee's with 0.00000000020 Dash.....?..OK I know that's a bit extreme but isn't the value and scarcity of this crypto going to be an issue here for small everyday payments..?.
Any help appreciated.

This is a valid point. Lots of people in the EU area still calculate for themselves with their old currency, then the Euro.

Bitcoin, Dash and every other cryptocurrency amounts are highly divisible. In example: The smallest value that the Bitcoin network supports sending is the satoshi, one hundred-millionth (0.000 000 01) of a bitcoin. In the DASH world, the satoshi is called duff.

a possible list:
1= Dash.
.1 = deciDash = "Dime".
.01 = centiDash = "Cent".
.001 = milliDash = "Milli, Milly, Millie".
.0001 = 100 nanoDash = "100 Nano".
.00001 = 10 nanoDash ="10 Nano".
.000001 = nanoDash = "Nano".
.0000001 = 10 Duff.
.00000001 = Duff.

Another possibility: SI units.

A regular coffee in Switzerland is at the moment CHF 4.80. This means in the DASH world, that a restaurant would say, please pay me 103 Millies (0.103 DASH).

Like in the EU area, lots of people will hate it, but this is a way to go.

@Dasher1
In many wallets you can configure the unit you want to display the currency in. For example, mDash = 0.001 Dash.
Furthermore, although the smallest division of a Dash is a Duff = 0.00000001 Dash, if needed be, the network can agree to change the protocol and divide the coins even further. That is, it won't be a problem. And on the bright side, it would be easier to "visualize" big sums of money.

Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 18.58.50.png

Back