Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

A How-To..., with the -QT Wallet - PART THREE

Discussion in 'Mining' started by MangledBlue, Jul 7, 2014.

1. MangledBlue

MangledBlue Well-known Member

If this thread is still active... can anyone tell me how to determine:
    A) if I'm mining, and
    B) at what rate, and
    C) how to determine mining activity, and
    D) how will I know if I solved a block.

I think the instruction of "setgenerate true -1" worked, because I can see my CPU maxed at 100% (BTW... can the throttle the percentage dedicated to mining?). But I an't seem to figure out how to measure or track mining progress if in fact I am mining.

Thanks...[/QUOTE]

Yes - it all needs updated..............

use: getmininginfo
    in the console to see CPU mining

use: setgenerate true 1
    for a single CPU core - and so on

you'll know you solved a block when you see an incoming transaction: Mined

let me know....

2. UdjinM6

UdjinM6 Official Dash Dev
    Dash Core Team Moderator

@Larryg
    One thing to note is that CPU solo-mining and CPU mining in general does not make any sense anymore unless you are mining on testnet. Mainnet mining became GPU-mostly long time ago and it's shifting to ASICs right now.

3. Larryg

Larryg New Member

I am VERY new to DASH. I had been mining BitCoin, and Dotcoin with my 5-asic miners for all of 2015. Since the halving of BitCoin I have ceased BitCoin mining. I still have the miners, and I still have 1 Scrypt miner. I couldn't find any decent information on if I can use the Scrypt miner to mine DASH. I tried it, and the log indicated a lot of timeouts. I assumed it wasn't working. Would you know if I can use the scrypt miner for DASH?

I figured I would mine with the CPU because the system is running 24/7 anyway, where as with the asic miners they used a lot of electricity when mining. Even though the price of BitCoin is up (of late), its not up enough, and stable enough, to keep them running, for now anyway. So, I owuld like to get something going with DASH, using existing equipment if possible.

4. UdjinM6

UdjinM6 Official Dash Dev
    Dash Core Team Moderator

Ok, I see. Nope, Scrypt miners are useless since Dash uses X11 algo. You can get more info about mining on GPU or ASICs for X11 in appropriate subforum https://www.dash.org/forum/topic/hardware-discussions-asic-gpu-cpu.101/

• Like Like x 1