• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

A How-To..., with the -QT Wallet - PART THREE

Ups my fault.
This is the response I get. :)

[2015-10-20 17:25:36] Hypertext Transfer Protocol (sneaky URL) request failed: The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
[2015-10-20 17:25:36] json_rpc_call failed, retry after 30 seconds

should be

rpcallow=127.0.0.1 or 0.0.0.0 or localhost
rpcport=9999

rpcport at 9999?

Unable to bind to 0.0.0.0:9999 on this computer. Dash Core is probably already running.

Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State User Inode PID/Program name
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:9999 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 1000 39558 9431/dash-qt

MangledBlue
is this solid and working ?

ready to go onto the Wiki and such ??
tx
(i need an official ok, as i have no idea what all this mean :rolleyes:)

Edit: where is 1 and 2 ?

MangledBlue
is this solid and working ?

ready to go onto the Wiki and such ??
tx
(i need an official ok, as i have no idea what all this mean :rolleyes:)

Edit: where is 1 and 2 ?

no
this is not ready for the wiki - ha!

This was written - more than a year ago - LOL - Just before I got my own MN - last year [2014] June
so old - lol

needs a LOT of revisions/updates.......

https://dashtalk.org/search/233808/...ate&c[title_only]=1&c[node]=3&c[user][0]=1612
all 3 - click above

-------------------------------------------------------

https://dashtalk.org/search/233808/...ate&c[title_only]=1&c[node]=3&c[user][0]=1612
all 3 - click above
[all need to be updated][/QUOTE]

If this thread is still active... can anyone tell me how to determine:
A) if I'm mining, and
B) at what rate, and
C) how to determine mining activity, and
D) how will I know if I solved a block.

I think the instruction of "setgenerate true -1" worked, because I can see my CPU maxed at 100% (BTW... can the throttle the percentage dedicated to mining?). But I an't seem to figure out how to measure or track mining progress if in fact I am mining.

Thanks...

-------------------------------------------------------

all 3 - click above
[all need to be updated]

If this thread is still active... can anyone tell me how to determine:
A) if I'm mining, and
B) at what rate, and
C) how to determine mining activity, and
D) how will I know if I solved a block.

I think the instruction of "setgenerate true -1" worked, because I can see my CPU maxed at 100% (BTW... can the throttle the percentage dedicated to mining?). But I an't seem to figure out how to measure or track mining progress if in fact I am mining.

Thanks...[/QUOTE]

Yes - it all needs updated..............

use: getmininginfo
in the console to see CPU mining

use: setgenerate true 1
for a single CPU core - and so on

you'll know you solved a block when you see an incoming transaction: Mined

let me know....

@Larryg
One thing to note is that CPU solo-mining and CPU mining in general does not make any sense anymore unless you are mining on testnet. Mainnet mining became GPU-mostly long time ago and it's shifting to ASICs right now.

@Larryg
One thing to note is that CPU solo-mining and CPU mining in general does not make any sense anymore unless you are mining on testnet. Mainnet mining became GPU-mostly long time ago and it's shifting to ASICs right now.

I am VERY new to DASH. I had been mining BitCoin, and Dotcoin with my 5-asic miners for all of 2015. Since the halving of BitCoin I have ceased BitCoin mining. I still have the miners, and I still have 1 Scrypt miner. I couldn't find any decent information on if I can use the Scrypt miner to mine DASH. I tried it, and the log indicated a lot of timeouts. I assumed it wasn't working. Would you know if I can use the scrypt miner for DASH?

I figured I would mine with the CPU because the system is running 24/7 anyway, where as with the asic miners they used a lot of electricity when mining. Even though the price of BitCoin is up (of late), its not up enough, and stable enough, to keep them running, for now anyway. So, I owuld like to get something going with DASH, using existing equipment if possible.

I am VERY new to DASH. I had been mining BitCoin, and Dotcoin with my 5-asic miners for all of 2015. Since the halving of BitCoin I have ceased BitCoin mining. I still have the miners, and I still have 1 Scrypt miner. I couldn't find any decent information on if I can use the Scrypt miner to mine DASH. I tried it, and the log indicated a lot of timeouts. I assumed it wasn't working. Would you know if I can use the scrypt miner for DASH?

I figured I would mine with the CPU because the system is running 24/7 anyway, where as with the asic miners they used a lot of electricity when mining. Even though the price of BitCoin is up (of late), its not up enough, and stable enough, to keep them running, for now anyway. So, I owuld like to get something going with DASH, using existing equipment if possible.
Ok, I see. Nope, Scrypt miners are useless since Dash uses X11 algo. You can get more info about mining on GPU or ASICs for X11 in appropriate subforum https://www.dash.org/forum/topic/hardware-discussions-asic-gpu-cpu.101/

Back