• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

12.1 Testnet Testing Phase Two Ignition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, you need to reconstruct mn list which can't be done by using blockchain information atm.

Finalized budgets for past blocks don't matter, they are simply ignored.
MN list reconstruction relies on info not from the blockchain? Why? Doesn't that lead to a possible attacks?

How the past finalized budgets can be ignored if they are used to validate superblocks? I mean next situation:
There are 2 finalized budget F1 and F2. Amount of votes for F1 is bigger than for F2. So miner uses F1 to construct a superblock. But then someone issues additional votes for F2 (they can't be ignored). And any node will see that F2 has more votes than F1. And from this moment superblock for F1 becomes invalid (it uses incorrect finalized budget).

And any node will see that F2 has more votes than F1.

That wouldn't be easy to do. Voting on superblocks is automated and deterministic so the vast majority of masternodes should have voted for F1. You would need to control many masternodes to cause F2 to win instead.

Guys what if MN take back its collateral tx so it is no more a valid masternode. Do the votes for proposals from this masternode remain valid? Seems like yes (the vote is checked only when it is processed first time, but once it is added to the internal pool it is valid for the rest of time).
Is it possible in this case to issue several votes from the same node (it will establish separate collateral tx for each vote, so technically there will be different MNs)

Guys what if MN take back its collateral tx so it is no more a valid masternode. Do the votes for proposals from this masternode remain valid? Seems like yes (the vote is checked only when it is processed first time, but once it is added to the internal pool it is valid for the rest of time).
Is it possible in this case to issue several votes from the same node (it will establish separate collateral tx for each vote, so technically there will be different MNs)

If a masternode drops of the payment list / network due to not being active or due to movement of collateral, it looses its voting power and also its voting history. Once the masternode gets active again on the network it will show on DashCentral as not having voted yet on the budget proposals... even if you have voted with it in the past.

Hello everyone, we have merged many changes into testnet. If you are running masternodes from source please update dashd and sentinel to the new version, we are doing a small test before pushing up new binaries and asking everyone to officially update.

Hello everyone, we have merged many changes into testnet. If you are running masternodes from source please update dashd and sentinel to the new version, we are doing a small test before pushing up new binaries and asking everyone to officially update.

I hope this will solve the PS mixing problems on Testnet, i will test that shortly.
We also seem to still have three pull requests in open status ?

https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pulls

Last edited:
v0.12.1.0-cce7896
I seem to have wallets connected to full PS compatible masternodes

5wOISuY.png

And wallets connected to only a few PS compatible masternodes

7szgDH1.png

Na770qw.png

Which i find a bit strange. So far PS mixing is not working on any of my wallets (running 6 windows 64 bit wallets)

Update : i deleted all the dat files (except the wallet.dat) and restarted all my wallets and this time they are all connected now to very low PS compatible masternodes (6 masternodes).
So i assume this is better as this indicates the network is in the middle of updating itself.

Last edited:
If a masternode drops of the payment list / network due to not being active or due to movement of collateral, it looses its voting power and also its voting history. Once the masternode gets active again on the network it will show on DashCentral as not having voted yet on the budget proposals... even if you have voted with it in the past.
Is that true? In this case at some point in the future a lot of votes will be invalid because definitely the list of MNs is changed with time. And corresponding proposals, budgets, blocks also would be invalid?

Is that true? In this case at some point in the future a lot of votes will be invalid because definitely the list of MNs is changed with time. And corresponding proposals, budgets, blocks also would be invalid?

I think a masternode that dropped of the network (longer then a hour i think) and then reactivates itself on the network can then only vote on those budget proposals that still have a time window open to vote on them (like multi-period proposals and proposals that were added after the last superblock). Proposals and Budgets from previous Superblocks are already finalized and can not be voted on anymore, so those wont get invalid.

Please correct me if i'm wrong here guys....

I think a masternode that dropped of the network (longer then a hour i think) and then reactivates itself on the network can then only vote on those budget proposals that still have a time window open to vote on them (like multi-period proposals and proposals that were added after the last superblock). Proposals and Budgets from previous Superblocks are already finalized and can not be voted on anymore, so those wont get invalid.

Please correct me if i'm wrong here guys....
All finished proposals which were finalized and payed out (i.e. recorded in the blockchain) are no longer voted on. In other words, it doesn't mater have masternode dropped out of list or not, all currently active masternodes vote only on currently active proposals (including multi-months proposals which still have more payouts scheduled), they never vote on finished ones.

Any status update on the network ? All i'm seeing from my wallets (v0.12.1.0-cce7896) that are trying to mix is "privatesend request incomplete, unknown response"
and the PS compatible masternodes that my wallets are connected to are constantly dropping to very low numbers..

It seems that only a small number of masternodes have upgraded so far (I currently see 16).

It would be nice for the future to have a certain number of test masternodes (lets say 100) in direct control of dev team so testing on Testnet does not stagnate
due to slow upgrading. I would even support a budget proposal for that...

All i'm seeing from my wallets (v0.12.1.0-cce7896) that are trying to mix is "privatesend request incomplete, unknown response"

How many enabled masternodes are you currently seeing ?

How many enabled masternodes are you currently seeing ?
I already closed all my wallets before reading your post. I opened 3 wallets just now with the following results :

Wallet 1
Total 80 (PS Comp 17 / Enabled 17)
Wallet 2
Total 80 (PS Comp 14 / Enabled 14)
Wallet 3
Total 80 (PS Comp 17 / Enabled 17)

edit :

Wallet 4 :

Total 23 (PS comp 22 / Enabled 22)
note : this one is still low on connections (just 3 connections)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back