• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

11.1 - Dash Wallet

What's the plan, yo?
With 0.11.2.x release they will have to do all the things I described in my earlier post and that are left unquoted in your post :wink: i.e. move some things around and start new daemon

I am having the same problem.
check failed - make sure that you're connected to the right darkcoind with --darkcoind-rpc-port!
.26 wallet from git

Masternoders do not have to do anything yet. However if you'd like to update your remote daemon you just need to download new wallet, stop daemon ("./darkcoind stop"), move datadir ("mv ~/.darkcoin ~/.dash"), rename con file ("mv ~/.dash/darkcoin.conf ~/.dash/dash.conf") and start new daemon executable ("./dashd"). You do not need to move any of your coins at all.
Great information! Will tweet.

EDIT: Done!
https://twitter.com/TaoOfSatoshi/status/581563764190920705?s=09

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely. When I close the dash client the p2pool message changes. then when i launch dash client again, i start getting the message I specified. I know there is some communication. I'll bet that p2pool needs to be updated. Can someone provide me with a link so I can roll back the windows core client until this name transition has been properly developed?

The warning message when you confirm wallet encryption still says you will "LOSE ALL OF YOUR DARKCOINS!" - not sure if you guys saw that or if it's just a slow process, but it might confuse newer folks.

This is an old screen shot but if you try it with a new Dash wallet it says the same thing. Sorry i;m a stickler, will let you know if I find it anywhere else.

ZhLLp2K.png

The warning message when you confirm wallet encryption still says you will "LOSE ALL OF YOUR DARKCOINS!" - not sure if you guys saw that or if it's just a slow process, but it might confuse newer folks.

This is an old screen shot but if you try it with a new Dash wallet it says the same thing. Sorry i;m a stickler, will let you know if I find it anywhere else.

ZhLLp2K.png
This is corrected with new English source, check out:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/dash/viewstrings/#en/dash_ents/42357155?q=lose all

Edit: added pic.
loseall.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Win environment:

Copy your wallet.dat to safe location just for sure.
Rename APPDATA\Darkcoin folder -> Dash.
Delete Darkcoin-qt.exe and copy Dash-qt.exe to Dash folder.
Rename darkcoin.conf -> dash.conf if you have one.
Update shortcut if you have one.
Done.

Where do you find wallet.dat? And APPDATA\Darkcoin, etc.
This looks simple enough, except I don't know how to find these items.

Where do you find wallet.dat? And APPDATA\Darkcoin, etc.
This looks simple enough, except I don't know how to find these items.

i just posted some guides into your original post
please check

Back