• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.11.0 - Darkcoin Core Release

I
It does not show a pink unicorn??!! you need to update to the current version. Don't be that guy with the mullet hair! lol

moli, I updated already my nodes to 11.0.15 two days ago but still it does not say "masternode" on the wallets

I'm pretty certain Evan gave an answer to the enforcement question on BCT, but their Porcelain Platters are too delicate to allow search right now. It wasn't a particularly detailed answer though if I recall. 'Undocumented features' might have been in there.
Yes he did answer to me in bct. Check my last posts. The enforcment is off.

Not to offend anyone but just because Evan says something exist, does not make it less dubious...

How is enforcing going to work if there is no way to tell the node to enforce payment?
And if there is a way, how?

Last but not least, they keep saying (Evan first) that the code is now completely decentralized, if there is such a reference node that indicates if enforcement if on or off then we are not decentralized. Don't get me wrong, I know we can't have spork without a central server telling if we are enforcing or not but the mixed signals are really uncool...
I am just pointing out the post from Evan not saying I agree or disagree with the decision. I agree, it was easy to tell whether or not it was on with getcheckpoint but that no longer seems to be the case.

True decentralization is without the reference node. I don't think it makes sense to disregard sporking when we are doing major revisions. It makes the transition back on forks easier should problems arise. Inevitably when things are stable, the spork no longer applies as all clients are updated and the few that aren't are forked from the network till they upgrade.

I'd love to see the reference nodes go and I thought that was the direction with the randomization of payouts via round robin (recent revision).

This cosmetic feature was explained on the test thead. I prefer a pink unicorn.
Needs a bit of work...
33333333.png

I'd love to see the reference nodes go and I thought that was the direction with the randomization of payouts via round robin (recent revision).

I would not quite call it "round robin" with 20% non mn paid blocks plus the randomization my Masternode has dried up for over 3000 blocks now no payments while others report rewards everyday or multiple times in one day. I must say hosting fees may not make it worth running a mn if there is no enforcement soon or prices need to climb faster.....

I would not quite call it "round robin" with 20% non mn paid blocks plus the randomization my Masternode has dried up for over 3000 blocks now no payments while others report rewards everyday or multiple times in one day. I must say hosting fees may not make it worth running a mn if there is no enforcement soon or prices need to climb faster.....
Again, enforcement is not on so you bitching about your payments is useless. I pay $0.80/mo per masternode... I make far more than that off revenue, even on lagging nodes when enforcement is off. Find a different host.

hosting fees may not make it worth running a mn if there is no enforcement soon or prices need to climb faster.....
Try mining.

Or...

If you got even one masternode payment all month long, even at last week's fiat exchange rate, you'd have profited over the cost of VPS hosting by more than 100%. You must be running some very fancy/expensive VPSes to have this problem. The absolute worst the entire crypto market has been for over a year, and still over 100% profit with just one payment a month... Screw mining! I only run my Neptunes to keep a little drip in the buy side... xpool.ca FTW. All it does at this point is buy DRK from the electric company at a modest discount over market value. Haven't turned the heat on all winter... In fact, it's 40 degrees out and I have the window open.

If a miner decides to pay $1.25/KWh for his electricity, is that the coin's fault?

The good thing about VPSes and MNs in general is that the prices is driven WAY down by external market factors. You don't get that with mining hardware... Or electrons...

If you have trouble getting by with the highest margin value output system crypto has ever seen, well, maybe learn how to computer and learn something about the market you're in?

Perhaps this will cause attrition of the people who followed a guide and don't know the first thing about how to computer? Have you migrated to a start-many environment yet? Did you even do research on VPSes? Do you not know how to computer well enough to go your own way? Maybe learn how to computer?

If you have a bunch of masternodes, maybe you can get an even better than advertised deal? Haggle with the provide(s). I did. Now I have VPSes cheaper than anything I've ever heard of... i don't even bother calculating the cost it's so cheap.

But, I put in the time and effort to learn how to computer, so these are options for me... There are no short-cuts. If you cheat, you come up short. Welcome to life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, enforcement is not on so you bitching about your payments is useless. I pay $0.80/mo per masternode... I make far more than that off revenue, even on lagging nodes when enforcement is off. Find a different host.

I wasn't "bitching" but i suppose any post where someone complains they are "loosing money" is consider to be bitching

Try mining.

Or...

If you got even one masternode payment all month long, even at last week's fiat exchange rate, you'd have profited over the cost of VPS hosting by more than 100%. You must be running some very fancy/expensive VPSes to have this problem. The absolute worst the entire crypto market has been for over a year, and still over 100% profit with just one payment a month... Screw mining! I only run my Neptunes to keep a little drip in the buy side... xpool.ca FTW. All it does at this point is buy DRK from the electric company at a modest discount over market value. Haven't turned the heat on all winter... In fact, it's 40 degrees out and I have the window open.

If a miner decides to pay $1.25/KWh for his electricity, is that the coin's fault?

The good thing about VPSes and MNs in general is that the prices is driven WAY down by external market factors. You don't get that with mining hardware... Or electrons...

If you have trouble getting by with the highest margin value output system crypto has ever seen, well, maybe learn how to computer and learn something about the market you're in?

Perhaps this will cause attrition of the people who followed a guide and don't know the first thing about how to computer? Have you migrated to a start-many environment yet? Did you even do research on VPSes? Do you not know how to computer well enough to go your own way? Maybe learn how to computer?

If you have a bunch of masternodes, maybe you can get an even better than advertised deal? Haggle with the provide(s). I did. Now I have VPSes cheaper than anything I've ever heard of... i don't even bother calculating the cost it's so cheap.

But, I put in the time and effort to learn how to computer, so these are options for me... There are no short-cuts. If you cheat, you come up short. Welcome to life.

Yep agreed, I am merely trying to say that if there is no enforcement "investors" and people who may invest or think about investing more into these systems will not when rewardss are not nearly even. I know tension is high but wow I didn't mean to step on your toes by pointing out random MN reward structure should not be called round robin as it implies some circular patter. Apparently i'm not computering in the correct circle.....

I wasn't "bitching" but i suppose any post where someone complains they are "loosing money" is consider to be bitching
Yep agreed, I am merely trying to say that if there is no enforcement "investors" and people who may invest or think about investing more into these systems will not when rewardss are not nearly even. I know tension is high but wow I didn't mean to step on your toes by pointing out random MN reward structure should not be called round robin as it implies some circular patter. Apparently i'm not computering in the correct circle.....
Nah, it's just a matter we've visited ad-nauseum in crypto... I have little patience for it. It's no different from miners complaining that diff went up before their much delayed ASIC managed to pay for itself... And OMG, electricity isn't free!? Nobody told me that!! Nobody is obligated to tell you shit! Especially about fucking obvious shit anyone over the age of 5 should already know...

MNs are by far the most forgiving value output concept thus far invented in crypto. One would have to try to get fucked on purpose to fail at making a profit on MNs... If after all the noise miners have made over the last 6 years, someone manages to lose money on an MN and complain about it, I mean, holy shit, that's being ultra-dumbass right there...

Even with mega-dumb VPS choices like Amazon, VULTR, and DO, it's still profitable.

Even if every single coin were tied up in MNs, you'd still get more than one payment a month. And imagine how valuable that one payment would be with zero liquidity...

Bringing the cost of VPSes into it, and removing the cost of mining hardware and electricity, puts it on a platform drastically cheaper than necessary, something no other crypto has. You don't even have to recoup your initial investment, because you can always cash out the node, too! I can't imagine how a person could manage to lose money operating an MN. By the converse, it's damn easy to lose your ass mining, or buying a shitcoin because you didn't learn how to crypto and obvious scam was not obvious to you... Of course, you have to know how to computer before you can figure out how to crypto, and most of these traders would starve and die without their iPhone to take care of their lives for them...

Using technology and understanding technology are not at all the same thing. Step up! I'm not berating you, I'm simply describing reality with no sugar coating. Clarity is the gift of no candy-coated BS. If I pre-chewed it for you, you wouldn't get as much out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is "round robin" with some variance that Evan told me some time ago. I am sure that's been one of the items to be fixed next. And Evan more than anyone else wants to bring the enforcement back, but the network has to be stabilized first. If you've been following this thread you can see why the enforcement is off.

If you're losing money, you're doing it wrong. Probably a Vultr whore like everyone else.

HAHA No I host mine off my neighbors WiFi so it's free and again, i never said I personally was "loosing money" i said hosting fees may not make it worth it until there is some know expectancy. It seems entirely possible to go a whole moth without out a MN reward in this randomization style. Before there was enforcement i had similarly long periods of no MN rewards.

HAHA No I host mine off my neighbors WiFi so it's free and again, i never said I personally was "loosing money" i said hosting fees may not make it worth it until there is some know expectancy. It seems entirely possible to go a whole moth without out a MN reward in this randomization style. Before there was enforcement i had similarly long periods of no MN rewards.
So you were loosing money but not losing money? OK...

It is "round robin" with some variance that Evan told me some time ago. I am sure that's been one of the items to be fixed next. And Evan more than anyone else wants to bring the enforcement back, but the network has to be stabilized first. If you've been following this thread you can see why the enforcement is off.

Yup totally understandable why it's off. Just looking forward to it's return as I'm sure I've made it clear.

So you were loosing money but not losing money? OK...

Yes loosing the DRK I would have otherwise received in an enforced darkcoin world... And honestly i don't use my neighbors wifi but I am still learning.

Back