• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Instantsend on Electrum DASH

JZA

So during the summer a proposal was launched to add IX to Electrum DASH but I still dont see traces of it on the code. Is this featured on the client? where can i see the code for it?

Thanks.

Any update on this? Can IS be implemented using the current Electrum / ElectrumX codebase or is it necessary to wait for deterministic masternode lists before we can have IS on SPV wallets? How do the Android/iOS wallets implement this?

Any update on this? Can IS be implemented using the current Electrum / ElectrumX codebase or is it necessary to wait for deterministic masternode lists before we can have IS on SPV wallets? How do the Android/iOS wallets implement this?
Sending of IS transactions is possible to implement without the new DIPs; however, there's not a way to actually fully validate incoming IS (since you cannot SPV verify the masternodes).

Sending of IS transactions is possible to implement without the new DIPs; however, there's not a way to actually fully validate incoming IS (since you cannot SPV verify the masternodes).
can't it be send to a private MN and get a response? I know its something stupid to ask. Just trying to think out loud.

can't it be send to a private MN and get a response? I know its something stupid to ask. Just trying to think out loud.
I suppose if you had a private node that you trusted, you may be able to set something up to check for you. Fortunately DIP-4 will make it possible to do directly.

The issue (with verifying received IS) is that to fully validate you need to know which masternodes are in the IS quorum and then check to see that a valid txlvote message was received from a majority of them. To determine that it is valid requires verifying the message signature (to make sure it is from the right masternode). And to do that, you need a trusted masternode list - which is not something that mobile/SPV clients currently have.

Why would Dash fund something that was impossible to implement?

They didn't. There is already Dash Core code written implementing the logic for enabling this stuff.
Fortunately DIP-4 will make it possible to do directly.

Electrum is a good wallet. I have used it for years (both Bitcoin and Dash). In my opinion supporting ongoing development of it is well worth the value. Apparently masternode owners agree.

Right now all transactions are IS, though they aren't shown as such in the Dash Electrum UI
I believe, not "all" transactions are IS, but only those which were made with 4 or less inputs with 6+ blockchain confirmations each. So what is the ETA on full InstantSend implementation?

I believe, not "all" transactions are IS, but only those which were made with 4 or less inputs with 6+ blockchain confirmations each. So what is the ETA on full InstantSend implementation?

Hopefully this month. Right now it's now our top priority.

Back