• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Where is the new website? It's Q2

To kot : thanks for the update
To buster : my apologies, i totally misread both the tone of your reply to tungfa post and your actual post itself.
consider my posts as not send pls.

Hi guys,
Let me give you a PM status report from this project.
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/download/attachments/25002225/03.2016 New-Website-Design-Project-Status-Report.pdf?api=v2

PS. The more time I will have, the more reports like this I am going to produce and share on regular basis. At the moment I am working on effective framework to share the information with all stakeholders (I know it is a serious issue at the moment and it needs to be changed, although it is not easy when I still have my daily job (to be changed soon)). The reports will be linked to the monthly team report.
PS.2. I will open the document space as soon as I verify if it does not contain any personal information except my name.
PS.3. I would like to ask for some more patience and understanding in general (not only with this project). I observe some aggression last times. Please remember that we all have families, children, daily jobs and private life. We are not hired and paid here. We cannot spend infinite time working for Dash and can dedicate really little time on the forum - this is still a hobby for majority of us (e.g. I feel happy when I can dedicate about 2-4 hours a day for the project (+ weekends). If I spent 1-2 hours on the forum, then half of my time could be considered as non-productive. Therefore our presence on the forum is limited and we cannot address every single question). In my opinion, there should be more understanding for voluntary work. We could expect a lot from freelancers or vendors who were hired and paid to deliver on time and within the budget. Volunteers - different story. Expectations should be different in my opinion.
Thanks for the update. Communication is very important to our success.
https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/718211910508888064

Why should you pay yourselves? Because are you guys not doing work on the website silly goose. I think it would be fair to compensate those who are doing web work from the website funds because That was the intention of the fund.

no we do not work like that
"conflict of interest"
i can only imagine what that would spark in the community if we would 'assign' budget projects to ourself
if we can outsource it in the community one thing, but a paid team member taking paid budget projects will get complicate :wink:

To kot : thanks for the update
To buster : my apologies, i totally misread both the tone of your reply to tungfa post and your actual post itself.
consider my posts as not send pls.

No problem man, I know I can come off as a dick but it's who I am and I'm not changing for anyone. Also just fyi, I was on my way to work typing from a phone in my posts, so not a lot of keyboard to work with. If you look at my forum posts you can probably see the difference when I'm on comp or phone.

kot tungfa thanks for the replies. I know you guys are working hard on the website and it's not as straight forward as some may think. fernando has done a great job at communicating this to us over on the slack channel. I almost feel bad for giving you guys so much shit about it. ;)

So a company was contacted, not contracted... easy misunderstanding :wink:
I also thought a company had been contracted, re Evan's post back in September:
Website and Design - $5000+ - Part 1 of 2

We have contracted a company to design our new fancy website and develop the software to run it. This is going to be quite the improvement over our existing website and we look forward to showing everyone!

https://dashtalk.org/threads/october-2015-budget-proposal.6234/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi GreyGhost ,
Yes, I am aware of this fact. As mentioned in my original post: "I will open the document space as soon as I verify if it does not contain any personal information except my name."
The repo contains some private data. I need to verify every single line there and remove private information before making the repo public. It will take some time (most probably will be done during the weekend).

First of all, I see no reason to spend time on these reports. The green/Amber/Red status stuff is ridiculous. Reports like this may be great for someone in upper management to review quickly, but we are all at the same level. (I have had my share of TPM, TPS, etc reports working at big corporations but this isn't the place for them). All that is needed is a post with a summary or update.

The last comment - "bad perception of the project in the community. Mitigation action to share information" is disrespectful. Why are you putting this in a report intended for the community? Mitigation would be to finish the project or hand it to someone that has time to finish - not just report it.

The website delay is a problem, but the real problem is that there has been no status or indication of trouble. And now "Significant delay in terms of timelines. It is hardly possible to give the deadline of the project at the moment". Unfortunately, I don't see this getting resolved using the current members with their workload on this project.

I suggest that this website design be given to a professional like GreyGhost who is doing the SEO already with Dash World. As we all know, the structuring of the website should be based on SEO performance. GreyGhost can work with his web designers or thedashguy to do the site. We spent $25k on a domain. Dash depends on a good website to show the world, it needs to be done right.

First of all, I see no reason to spend time on these reports. The green/Amber/Red status stuff is ridiculous. Reports like this may be great for someone in upper management to review quickly, but we are all at the same level. (I have had my share of TPM, TPS, etc reports working at big corporations but this isn't the place for them). All that is needed is a post with a summary or update.

The last comment - "bad perception of the project in the community. Mitigation action to share information" is disrespectful. Why are you putting this in a report intended for the community? Mitigation would be to finish the project or hand it to someone that has time to finish - not just report it.

The website delay is a problem, but the real problem is that there has been no status or indication of trouble. And now "Significant delay in terms of timelines. It is hardly possible to give the deadline of the project at the moment". Unfortunately, I don't see this getting resolved using the current members with their workload on this project.

I suggest that this website design be given to a professional like GreyGhost who is doing the SEO already with Dash World. As we all know, the structuring of the website should be based on SEO performance. GreyGhost can work with his web designers or thedashguy to do the site. We spent $25k on a domain. Dash depends on a good website to show the world, it needs to be done right.

sorry man but what the what ...

no reports are a problem
extensive reports are a problem
there is no pleasing you , right ?
:rolleyes:

sorry man but what the what ...

no reports are a problem
extensive reports are a problem
there is no pleasing you , right ?
:rolleyes:

Part of the reason the report is needed in the first place is to identify if there are actually any problems, so yes. No reports are a problem in and of themselves, *and* reports that demonstrate problems, demonstrate problems. Not that this is saying much.

I do give credit to kot for putting that together, although I do wish it was more clear about who is responsible for each action item and an estimated goal for completion of the parts. If some of the people who have been delegated work on this are not able to perform their tasks, for one reason or another, then as Solarminer suggested perhaps we need to delegate somebody else who can. The color coding actually isn't all that unusual and I would expect something like that in a report from a professional project manager (especially when those codes are clearly defined, as they are here). I also don't consider it to be insulting to actually acknowledge the negative perception in the community and to work to mitigate that. Although, the wording of "negative perception" carries an implication that the community is wrong to have that perception, which it might not have intended to make a statement about that one way or the other. It's a report, not an attack or a defense. If anyone has any other suggestions, input or criticisms related to this project or ideas on how to get it moving faster, I am sure the project team would like to know.

Back