• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

What is up with the CoPay wallet?

Thanks everyone for your contributions &/or interest in the Dash Copay Beta. We have decided today to defer today’s release attempt until Wednesday, December 27th. We do not have a build in which we are confident, we had some minor last minute infrastructure issues, and there was some weakness in communications (I think on my part) that negatively affected coordinating some web team efforts.

FWIW it should be acknowledged that this is a 100% new team on a 100% new product in a 100% new organization with 0% established processes. I’d say well done so far.

Over the past 2 weeks we resolved all major technical issues in the backend and front-end, stood up a new load-balanced infrastructure, partially built out the Apple & Google Play stores, prepared documentation, graphics, landing web pages, and conducted multiple tests on the entire stack.

Thanks to all contributors, developers, and testers. Have a happy holiday weekend!

Hi guys, i was looking on setting up copay on my iphone till i opened it
it comes up Confluence via atlassian.net. . . is this the right one iv loaded or a clone version ?

Thanks Chuck
Once you have finished it could you give me the link via my inbox please
I’m away now for 2-6months
As you the man

COPAY LAUNCH UPDATE:

The Copay team is operating at reduced levels due to the holiday season, and has opted to attempt the Copay Beta Public Release on Friday, December 29th, rather than today. Please stand by.

Thanks for the update, it's amazing you guys are even working at all over the festive times.

COPAY LAUNCH UPDATE:

The Copay team is operating at reduced levels due to the holiday season, and has opted to attempt the Copay Beta Public Release on Friday, December 29th, rather than today. Please stand by.

Great! How can I try this wallet?

Great! How can I try this wallet?
It will be available in the Google Play and Apple Stores online. It will be a TESTNET BETA RELEASE. No actual funds can be managed with this release.

Thanks for the update, it's amazing you guys are even working at all over the festive times.
;-) Many of us love our jobs, and couldn't wait to get back to creating more to celebrate about! Alas, some of us have lives outside of Dash... kind of.

It will be available in the Google Play and Apple Stores online. It will be a TESTNET BETA RELEASE. No actual funds can be managed with this release.

;-) Many of us love our jobs, and couldn't wait to get back to creating more to celebrate about! Alas, some of us have lives outside of Dash... kind of.
Respect! It's good to see the commitment in times when its absolutely not expected.

Loving the wallet, I'm going to play with all the advanced features.

But first a bug: I turned on fingerprint scanning and now I can't access the app, looks like it's not tying into android's system for scanning.

The home button scanner I have stays in home button mode and therefore I have no way to get into the app.
Screenshot_20171231-113210.jpg

I'll post this on the play store too.

@Chuck Williams - if you haven't already, I suggest starting a new thread for feedback on the Copay wallet.

On reviewing the Network Fee Policy, I see the following:

Urgent - 20 minutes confirmation time
Priority - 20 minutes
Normal - 30 minutes
Economy - an hour
Super Economy - 4 hours

Those sound more like Bitcoin confirmation times, not Dash. Also I don't see Instant Send as an option here.

Only a few more hours before yet another self-imposed deadline is blown. Typical Dash project. Take a lot of Dash and then fail to deliver while the price goes up. How nice to be vastly overpaid for not delivering on schedule what was promised.

There is obviously a major issue with the wallet that the dev team is having a lot of trouble fixing. It's possible solving whatever is causing the delays is beyond the technical ability of the amateur team chosen to copy/paste/find-replace CoPay's code.

Yes it's obviously that and not any other possibility... /s

I've been playing with it for a few days already and it works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As of late Friday, December 29th, the Dash Copay Public Beta release has been available in the Google Play store here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dash.copay

Copay support/discussion/questions has been moved to this area of the Forum:

https://www.dash.org/forum/topic/copay-support.139/

As Apple does not accept beta software into their stores, we must go through their "Testflight" mechanism and invite beta testers via email. We are working on implementing this per Apple's rules & restrictions at this time.

Thanks everyone for your continued interest and support.

CoPay is an amazing and fantastic app. Everything done by Bitpay (as opposed to Coinbase) is done well and professionally.

I've often wondered why CoPay didn't work with DASH. Please make this happen!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I totally support this comment from bugeater. We need simple multisig DASH wallets, ideally integrated together with BCH and BTC on the existing Copay platform. Evo looks like someday it will be great, and I am a big believer in the DASH roadmap, but today I need to run a business and need to be a bit more agnostic in crypto acceptance.

Here's my testnet address if anyone has any testnet Dash to send:
ycZXH4CYrq2LmNuSGBrzw5yYEnGrzW3u6X

Back