• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

What are those people thinking?

camosoul and his posts always rock. Going back to the topic of trading. Overall I wouldn't be too concerned about side trading. As many have stated already. Dash is very innovative and partially its stability can be attributed to masternodes. After that being said, I am actually happy that Dash is trading sideways because a) I can buy more coins for better price b) our coin can be considered as mature enough to move independently from Bitcoin. Let me throw a quote from the masterpiece of comedy that "Life of Brian" is.
Always look on the bright side of life

Manipulating the DASH market is just too hard due to Proof of Service bulk. When volume is super low, it follows the trends it's measured against. Sort of. When volume is high, watch the masternode count... The closest thing to manipulation I've seen in DASH for a long while is the desperate effort being put into keeping it below 2700 MNs. If you've been watching the IP blocks associated, you get the picture...

Well, the number of MNs is 2710 as of today...

But I am keen to understand how you keep the MN count below any random number? You can do it only by selling a bunch of MNs, correct? So if I wanted to "manipulate" in that way, I'd have to forfeit an income of $7,110.00 a month assuming today's price and 100 masternodes. It does not make any sense to me. What am I missing?

Current Number of Masternodes: 2625 (unique IPs: 2461)
http://178.254.18.153/~pub/Darkcoin/masternode_payments_stats.html

what ? keeping MN count bellow 2700 ?! what is that, i never heard of this theory and do not believe that at all.
the goal from the team is to bring the MN count to 2k-3k MN's and we are exactly where we wanted to be (security)
keeping this bellow a certain number
Whaaat ? :what:

Dont worry guys +1 MN incomming :)
So....closer to 3k amount.

I wrote this a few days ago, so keep that in mind as you read it:

"My prediction is based on logic, and that the reward increase from the miner dropout will a) make those miners who remain more profitable b) create a vacuum in the reward discount overhead. It's not pegged to the wall anymore, so someone is going to have to fill that void until it is pegged to the wall again. c) in the mean-time, smart money is buying moar DASH to set up MOAR masternodes. d) The major-name shitcoin pump that just happened is going to drain through shapeshift.io into masternodes because there's nowhere else for it to go that makes sense. Which is probably what the pumper(s) had in mind from the beginning. This is why we're finally seeing a solid breach of the 2700 node psychological/manipulation hard limit."

It's not a theory, it's an observable historic fact. For many months I've been watching the MN count in the same way some people watch market graphs. It seems like there's a wall at 2700 that just can't be breached. We bump up against it a lot, rarely cross it, then come back down again. Just keep rubbing against that number but it won't stick.

Elbereth probably has a log. It's like the 2700 line is gravity and we get sucked towards it. Can't go far under for long, can't go far over for long...

Compare DASH's exposure and market presence per-capita, to BTCs, then compare the nodes, and what those nodes do... DASH has a huge foothold in greater function for it's small footprint in the marketspace. It's ready to have a huge increase in load. Doesn't mean it will ever come, but infrastructure-wise, DASH is already set to handle 10x the TX volume that BTC is doing as it stagnates. You know, actually being a currency instead of a speculative investment. DASH would be the first crypto to actually reach that point. If it happens...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey,
I'm not grasping the point of keeping masternodes below 2700 artificially; can someone go into more detail about how that benefits a bad actor and why people are supposedly doing that?

Pablo.

Hey,
I'm not grasping the point of keeping masternodes below 2700 artificially; can someone go into more detail about how that benefits a bad actor and why people are supposedly doing that?

Pablo.
Most people don't know why the sky is blue or the grass is green, but they can still see it.

While I do know why the sky is blue and the grass is green, I don't have the first clue why there seems to be a gravity line. But, I do have eyeballs on the front of my head and I can see it. I have no idea why it would or would not be beneficial, or if there is a byproduct of natural market function that simply hasn't been observable before becauae there's never been a coin with MNs before...That's why I'm observing it; it's new and might be useful if I can figure out the defining mechanics.

Maybe it's nothing more than a diluted/averaged vector/indicator assembly that gives us a more stable view of equilibrium? But I can't say with certainty...

I am noticing a pattern, but I'm still not certain how to even say it, much less if there's an ordered definition or rule to it...

Most people don't know why the sky is blue or the grass is green, but they can still see it.

While I do know why the sky is blue and the grass is green, I don't have the first clue why there seems to be a gravity line. But, I do have eyeballs on the front of my head and I can see it. I have no idea why it would or would not be beneficial, or if there is a byproduct of natural market function that simply hasn't been observable before becauae there's never been a coin with MNs before...That's why I'm observing it; it's new and might be useful if I can figure out the defining mechanics.

Maybe it's nothing more than a diluted/averaged vector/indicator assembly that gives us a more stable view of equilibrium? But I can't say with certainty...

I am noticing a pattern, but I'm still not certain how to even say it, much less if there's an ordered definition or rule to it...

We currently have about 50% of the available supply of Dash in masternodes; I highly suspect the 2700 line can't be broken because most of the remaining wallets are in the 0-1 Dash range.

I tried going through the rich list but could not find a breakdown of the figures I needed to back this up (feel free to cite evidence against if you find it), but it's an interesting alternative explanation.

Pablo.

LTC continues to fly up to .0185. With Greece saying no to the bailout, we will continue to see what effect this will have on the markets. BTC hit 274USD today on Cryptsy.

LTC continues to fly up to .0185. With Greece saying no to the bailout, we will continue to see what effect this will have on the markets. BTC hit 274USD today on Cryptsy.

as much as everybody talks about Greece (corrected)
we in Asia only talk about China/Shanghai Stock exchange !

they are crashing since a while, a lot of bad news related to that, they just agreed on a 'bail out'
and i think BTC /LTC prices are much more related to that than anything

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-33394910

as much as everybody talks about geek

they are crashing since a while, a lot of bad news related to that, they just agreed on a 'bail out'
and i think BTC /LTC prices are much more related to that than anything

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-33394910
You mean "GREECE", not 'geek', right? :)
And stock in China is crashing?
Sorry I don't follow the news from China and I'm trying to understand what you're saying .. :tongue:

You mean "GREECE", not 'geek', right? :)
And stock in China is crashing?
Sorry I don't follow the news from China and I'm trying to understand what you're saying .. :tongue:

YES moli
(as always you are right regarding my fluxed spelling :wink:)

Shanghai Stock exchange was super pumped after they started exchange/work together/ open up with HK Stock Exchange
40% Plus or something crazy
now it is dropping and nearly crashing since weeks
(there is a ton in the news about that + the link i posted above)

so i think chinese are moving out of the Shanghai Stocks and back into BTC
by now it might actually be the other way around (back into Shanghai Stock exchange)
as 'When there is blood on the streets,..."

as much as everybody talks about Greece (corrected)

It is so pity Dash has met this opportunity without Chinese translation of Dishpay.io and promo-video.
From other hand, it is "uncounted advantage"... - Dash can add this factor later and will grow (not that much as during "great opportunity" but OK) later while Litecoin and other Cinese-mature coins already have this Chinese-maturety priced-in...

It is so pity Dash has met this opportunity without Chinese translation of Dishpay.io and promo-video.
From other hand, it is "uncounted advantage"... - Dash can add this factor later and will grow (not that much as during "great opportunity" but OK) later while Litecoin and other Cinese-mature coins already have this Chinese-maturety priced-in...

Do not worry
We are onto china , slower than planned , but still on track

Even though things became more in line with reality, DASH price increased a bit, people are still highly irrational. Just look at this Litecoin rally. I mean it's a coin that marginally improves on Bitcoin but that's about it. What's driving that rally?

Speculation of course. Litecoin is not very innovative this is why I believe that it is Dash that is going to come out on top in the long run, but in the short term litecoin can have its moments due to its liquidity and market cap.
There's that and I guess there's also the issue of notoriety, plenty of Bitcoiners, even the less informed have heard of Litecoin and they automatically think of buying Litecoin as it usually rallies more aggressively than Bitcoin, similar to the way silver performs in comparison to gold, it rallies higher and falls lower.

Back