• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

We need Merchants USING Dash!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that trying to make an inventory system where each item is priced out in Dash is the best way to go about this. Stores already have their own internal systems and the mere thought of trying to integrate with a separate inventory/pricing module for crypto would be a nightmare. Best bet is for the stores to do everything in their existing fiat system, with a checkout option that allows users to pay in crypto, and where that crypto is instantly convertible back to fiat (or automatically converted back to fiat by a third party). Dash has an advantage here because of InstantSend, since any instant conversion to fiat (whether done by the merchant or a third party in the middle) would be significantly less risky (and thus less costly) because of no doublespends. Now, the chances of such a solution being unique to Dash is less likely, but it's possible that a more currency-agnostic solution is possible, where the Dash option might have the lowest fees because of InstantSend.

Here is a picture I saw today on the facebooks.
AsdkbgV.jpg
photo.php

I don't think that trying to make an inventory system where each item is priced out in Dash is the best way to go about this. Stores already have their own internal systems and the mere thought of trying to integrate with a separate inventory/pricing module for crypto would be a nightmare.
But that is the issue, if they have their systems, they still need to integrate whatever software do that convertion integrated with what they have. So you have 2 different scenarios:
a) I want to extend my system so I can accept dash
b) I dont have a system and would like to implement one that has FIAT and DASH support

But that is the issue, if they have their systems, they still need to integrate whatever software do that convertion integrated with what they have. So you have 2 different scenarios:
a) I want to extend my system so I can accept dash
b) I dont have a system and would like to implement one that has FIAT and DASH support

I'm aiming for b) I think the core team will eventually tackle a) or else the Odoo guys will get funding (I hope). It would be awesome if we could use Odoo code to create a simple Odoo app for a phone, but Odoo is probably too different and meant for servers rather than a phone or something. And if someone has a server like that, well, they don't have people out in the field collecting payments...usually.

And I seriously want some Brötchen now! We don't have any "real" bakeries in the USA anymore (or they're few and far between) Fresh warm Brötchen you pick up a short walk away, any direction, in ... Hell anywhere, even in the country side of Germany! YUMMY!!!

Last edited:
LOL Potcoin live views..
Bx8AZmv.png

LOL, and I was thinking they sold pot there?!?! I mean, it's legal in the Netherlands, why not Poland, how should I know? LOL

It just flew over my head, didn't recognize the coin (though I knew of it)

If any Australian DASHers have any crazy ideas for P2P trades/sales, I'll likely be in it.

[Lonely Highway Delivery Guy makes legendary steak sauce.]

I'm aiming for b) I think the core team will eventually tackle a) or else the Odoo guys will get funding (I hope).

I keep wondering how the MN owners can be persuaded to fund the a) option, specially since during Evan last interview, they seem to be well set on the idea of DASH becoming more of a Bank or Paypal rather than a solution for users-merchants.

I hope we can get more MN owners on board with this vision of having business-driven solutions.

I don't think they're mutually exclusive. I don't think the MN owners understand the work involved in integrating Dash into Odoo, I don't know myself. If someone could resubmit the project with a breakdown of why and what parts are so hard to implement = costly, and what that would provide users over the third party solution being worked on by Blockpay and be clear about the advantages to Dash and Dash users if this project were funded, I think it would have a better chance of winning. Another problem, which I don't know what to say to those guys, is that they weren't interactive on the site. I know they don't speak English so well, and that's hard. I don't know what language they do speak. But if they were more open about who they are and be more interactive, answering questions, etc... that would also help.

Personally, I just cashed out some Dash to pay bills - first time in a long time, and coinbase charged me 1.49% to withdraw. Now with everyone charging a percent here and a percent there, using crypto ends up being far more expensive than fiat. Where is the incentive? I need to find another way to sell man! For a measly $300, I had to pay $5 in charges! Stupid!

I understand why the core team is working with 3rd parties, but frankly, those 3rd parties and their charges make using crypto impossibly expensive. They're centralized solutions. We need to work on true decentralized solutions. That means, the ONLY place anyone should have to pay a fee is when entering and exiting from and to fiat. Everything else should be decentralized. This includes crypto to crypto exchanges. We need decentralized exchanges with no human intervention and only network fees.

@Roslyn the guy in the chair needs to be a lot fatter, LOL.

I'm just grumpy because I think coinbase is charging too high a fee, and I have to get it out of my system, LOL

@Roslyn the guy in the chair needs to be a lot fatter, LOL.

I'm just grumpy because I think coinbase is charging too high a fee, and I have to get it out of my system, LOL

why would u be using coinbase anyway after all the recent news ?
is there no other / better exchange for u out there ?

@tungfa What do you suggest? I mean, I need cash, usually pretty fast (within a week) to pay bills. I live in the USA also, is there a safe alternative you can suggest? Not trying to be smart alic, I really would like some suggestions.

@tungfa What do you suggest? I mean, I need cash, usually pretty fast (within a week) to pay bills. I live in the USA also, is there a safe alternative you can suggest? Not trying to be smart alic, I really would like some suggestions.

ja i hear u
as i am not in the US i have no idea tbh
maybe somebody else has some tips ?? :rolleyes:

I keep wondering how the MN owners can be persuaded to fund the a) option, specially since during Evan last interview, they seem to be well set on the idea of DASH becoming more of a Bank or Paypal rather than a solution for users-merchants.

I hope we can get more MN owners on board with this vision of having business-driven solutions.

So . . . I think I mean . . . ummm: since Day One, JZA, we've seen (theorised) the two 'streams' of cryptos as the libertarian and the 'regulatory compliant.'

User-merchants are 'libertarian,' we feel, in the sense that they provide grass roots 'currency function' to a crypto; and although indeed the regulatory-compliant guys also provide some currency function, we see their orientation as being to making cryptos 'just another payment method': wedded to the legacy banking system, and vulnerable to the automated exchanges.

[Intellectual Exercise: imagine how price discovery would occur if automated exchanges became minor, and currency function became primary.]

User-merchants are 'libertarian,' we feel, in the sense that they provide grass roots 'currency function' to a crypto; and although indeed the regulatory-compliant guys also provide some currency function, we see their orientation as being to making cryptos 'just another payment method': wedded to the legacy banking system, and vulnerable to the automated exchanges.

Well I dont think this is necesary, most business can do accounting perfectly fine using cryptos. However most business won't take that risk initially. However you want to have a solution that can at least make it easy to document the Crypto-FIAT movements and wont represent any accounting risk. Many people have issues regarding captial gain taxes on stocks and other investment since some stocks gained while others lost money. So calculating those, it makes it nightmerish, however with the blockchain API, you can automate the whole transactions.

Also not sure how regulation has shaped the idea of storage over commerce.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back