• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v19.2.0 Release Announcement

I already mentioned i am aware of other ways to vote. A bit pointless to then mention those other ways to vote.
I simply prefer to vote and do budget proposal discussions in one place and not be forced to do them across two places.

I already asked DCG in the past to keep communication to Dash Central open about v19 activation / Evo Nodes and provide support to rango.
Obviously that did not happen or they would have warned him to update Dash Central to v19.2

What i feared would happen during the HPMN discussions, just happened (Dash Central forked off and is most likely at this moment not supporting Evo Nodes with regards to 4x voting).

This could have been avoided entirely if DCG kept an open line with Dash Central / rango, as it is also in their interest to keep disruptions to the Dash Governance system to a minimum.

And yes, this is indeed discouraging me to update my masternodes to an Evo Node at this time.
We will just have to see how many MNO's feel discouraged by this as well (or even feel financially motivated to update to an Evo Node right now).

Why should it fall upon DCG to write a special invitation to third parties like DC? After all, we upgraded as required simply by checking in on the project once every couple of months, is that too much to ask when your business literally relies on the Dash network? I'm sorry, but there is no excuse for lazy operators like Rango and miners that don't bother to upgrade and Masternodes that do the same. We should encourage decentralisation and yet here you are doing the very opposite!

Reactions: kot
We should encourage decentralisation and yet here you are doing the very opposite!
Changing from many masternode servers to just a select few servers to setup Evo Nodes, is in my view pretty much the opposite of encouraging decentralization. So lets just keep decentralization out of this discussion, that ship has long sailed.

I have accepted for myself that the Dash network will get less decentralized because of Evo Nodes and have moved on from this concern.
Using Dash Central or using any other third party website for voting does not change that in any way.
They are currently all centralized one way or the other.

Maybe a future Dapp will change that, maybe not. I guess it depends if discussions can be held there as well and if it will have sufficient anti-spam measurements in place.

Right now the reality is that discussions on budget proposals and decision proposals are done mainly on Dash Central and should therefore have more attention from DCG, when a DCG update (Evo Nodes) directly impacts that.

How can Evo Nodes participate in the discussions on budget proposals / decision proposals, when the place where those proposal discussions are held (Dash Central) does not (currently) support Evo Nodes ? That should not be just a concern of mine, it should also be a concern of DCG.

Last edited:
Question to the DCG and to the Masternodes (who can now vote the numbers, so they have no excuse):

Is there any bug bounty for the current mainnet 19.2 release?

I suspect some bugs will occur, so you have better decide what the incentives of the hackers should be.
Would you like the hackers to report or to exploit the bugs?
If you like the hackers to report the bugs then vote the numbers and give a decent bug bounty.

Last edited:
Why should it fall upon DCG to write a special invitation to third parties like DC? After all, we upgraded as required simply by checking in on the project once every couple of months, is that too much to ask when your business literally relies on the Dash network? I'm sorry, but there is no excuse for lazy operators like Rango and miners that don't bother to upgrade and Masternodes that do the same. We should encourage decentralisation and yet here you are doing the very opposite!
It is the ElectrumX bug that has to be fixed for DC voting to work. Pull request already issued by that guy from KMD who comes into our chat, he runs makers for Dash pairs, he pinged me.

Question to the DCG and to the Masternodes (who can now vote the numbers, so they have no excuse):

Is there any bug bounty for the current mainnet 19.2 release?

I suspect some bugs will occur, so you have better decide what the incentives of the hackers should be.
Would you like the hackers to report or to exploit the bugs?
If you like the hackers to report the bugs then vote the numbers and give a decent bug bounty.

There is a bug bounty, it's a bit outdated and all we usually get through it is spam but it's here: https://www.dash.org/bugbounty/

I wonder why some of these Evo nodes got relatively high Pose penalties, specially with Spork 23 (quorum pose) not even active.

Knipsel.JPG

Knipsel.JPG

How can an Evo node even reach a PoSe penalty score of 4049 and still have status ENABLED ? We only have 3309 normal masternodes and 15 evo nodes in total. That PoSe score number 4049 does not make any sense to me.

I also wonder if there is any feedback about when spork 23 will be enabled by DCG and when the message 'unknown new rules activated (version bit 8)' will disappear from the Dash Core wallet, now that v19 is fully activated.

Last edited:
The clue lies with Stevie Wonder who seems to be doing something very wrong.

I am just surprised how an Evo node can do something very wrong and still maintain its MN payment que and is still on status 'Enabled'.
Should an Evo node with a PoSe penalty of 4049 not be PoSe banned by now with status 'PoSe Banned'?

Feels to me like Evo Nodes are currently (with v19) immune to PoSe Penalty scores. They can receive them, but it does not affect their MN payment que. In other words : an Evo node can currently fail miserably on L1 (PoSe penalty of 4049) and still get fully paid to do work on L1.

How high can these PoSe penalties get for Evo nodes ? PoSe penalty 4049 already exceeds total number of masternodes & Evo nodes.

EDIT : never mind, i see that Evo node is actually PoSe banned now, after it reached PoSe penalty score 4353.

Knipsel.JPG

I guess PoSe penalty score formulation take into account 'Total number of masternodes' (4338) and not 'Active number of masternodes' (3289).
(4338 + 15 = 4353 ===> PoSe Ban)

Knipsel.JPG

So ignore the above, it looks to be working correctly.

By the way : is that 8.24% ROI correct ? Seems a bit high. Is it taking into account both 1K MN's and 4K MN's ?

Last edited:
A lot to unpack here, it seems the PoSe score is based on the number of nodes in total, not just activated.
Evonodes are getting banned for bad behaviour. The reason the latest report from mnowatch did not show the node as banned, is because these reports are snapshots in time, only the addition or removal of a masternode from the network will trigger a new report, thus, nodes falling into banned status do not qualify for a refresh and hence the data appears stale from time to time. As for the ROI, yes! We've seen a nice boost following the stall on the v19.1 chain.

rot.png

See reply of rango (owner of Dash Central, in the shout area of DC) :

Knipsel.JPG

Maybe someone can alert DCG and have them contact rango from Dash Central ?

This is also exactly the reason why it would have been usefull to have kept a communication line open between DCG and Dash Central (as i previously mentioned here) with regards to v19 activation and the launch of Evo Nodes.

Latest update :

Knipsel.JPG

Last edited:
See reply of rango (owner of Dash Central, in the shout area of DC) :

View attachment 11950

Maybe someone can alert DCG and have them contact rango from Dash Central ?

This is also exactly the reason why it would have been usefull to have kept a communication line open between DCG and Dash Central (as i previously mentioned here) with regards to v19 activation and the launch of Evo Nodes.

Latest update :

View attachment 11951
No that doesn't scale, what scales is everyone check the website for releases and keeps informed and does the needful, Rango is clearly preoccupied with non-dash related things and that's his choice, it means that his commitments to Dash will falter and people will leave his service for ones that provide a better one. I am OK with this because many people are already boycotting DC because of the trolls have taken the place over in case you are unaware.

Rango has had uninterrupted access to DCG Slack since February 2016, and remains a member today, I'm not sure if this is "new Slack" since it the same server we always use. I've provided instructions on how to reset his password. The narrative that we somehow cut off communication with him is false, it has always been open.

Rango has had uninterrupted access to DCG Slack since February 2016, and remains a member today, I'm not sure if this is "new Slack" since it the same server we always use. I've provided instructions on how to reset his password. The narrative that we somehow cut off communication with him is false, it has always been open.
I never said that DCG cut off communication with rango. Just that it would have been usefull for DCG to stay in contact with him during this specific time period with the v19 activation and the launch of Evo nodes that followed.

Now we are in a situation that Dash Central faces problems due to the v19 activation, appearently related to a bug in v19 that DCG needs to fix on their side. The result is that Dash proposal owners can not currently claim their proposals and edit their proposal texts on Dash Central and to a high degree Dash Central is currently also inoperative.

And it is totally unclear If Dash Central will even support Evo nodes (i could not get a straight answer from rango about this).
What i do know is that Evo nodes are currently cut off from budget proposal and decision proposal discussions on Dash Central and can also not vote through Dash Central, which is not a good development.

I suspect better communication (or any communication) between DCG and Dash Central could have avoided some of this.

Last edited:
Whatever dude, you over-state the importance of that website. Evonodes are prefectly capable of voting through the core wallet, or perhaps even DMT, only the lazys and stupids still use DC.

Whatever dude, you over-state the importance of that website. Evonodes are prefectly capable of voting through the core wallet, or perhaps even DMT, only the lazys and stupids still use DC.
And you under-state / ignore the fact that budget proposal and decision proposal discussions are mainly held on Dash Central.
Which currently locks out Evo nodes, as Evo nodes are not supported on Dash Central for now.

Just because you don't participate in discussions on Dash Central anymore, does not mean everyone else should stop participating in discussions
on Dash Central. It is a vital element of Dash Governance system and most likely directly affect voting participation.

Also my comment was directed at strophy / DCG, not you. I am very well aware how you feel about Dash Central.

Last edited:
Evonodes are prefectly capable of voting through the core wallet, or perhaps even DMT.
Is DashMasternodesTool(DMT) evo compatible?

Anyway the masternodes can surely vote by using the core wallet, but they cannot talk!!! Can https://dashshoutout.com/ be used for talking? If not, then DashCentral is still usefull, because it is the only site (along with dashtalk.org) where the masternodes who want to reveal their virtual identity can publicly talk.

To avoid the issues that currently @rion, @AshFrancis and @Spectrapod face (they cannot claim their proposal in DC), a good practice is the url information of a proposal to point to a url shortener site. So that if DC goes down, the urlshortener will work. For example, if you look at the mnowatch leaderboard you will notice that the encointerUBI-Digit2 proposal points both to the url shortener mnowatch.org/encointerUBI and to dashcentral.org/p/encointerUBI-Digit2 (while the official url as stated in the blockchain remains mnowatch.org/encointerUBI).

Compare the above to the below. The below is highly dependant on DC:

In mnowatch, the admins can easily host any proposal's information link and also shorten its url. So if someone would like us to do it, you can ask about it, provided of course that you have first declared in the blockchain mnowatch/your_proposal as your favorite url. Otherwise you could also declare in the blockchain as your proposal's information link any other url shortener (like tinyurl.com e.t.c). The advantage of the url shorteners is that in case the site is down, you can always edit the link and point to another site, so that your proposal's information remains always up for the voters to read and comment about it.

Last edited:
I really like the idea of using Evo Platform as a place where we can discuss proposals, it seems to make the most sense to me, also this is a feature we could add to mnowatch, but we can't yet agree on how to ensure the spammers are kept in check. I have asked the three wise guys to post their proposals on the forum, hopefully they do that and we can learn why they split up.

In the meantime I am so confident is Sam's leadership that I raised my sell target on Kraken, $2 don't cut it for me, set up just below $45, my Zip Code, on Kraken. Everyething everywhere all at once is not a movie I want to live in anway.

Back