• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v19.2.0 Release Announcement

Pasta

Dash Core Group
We are happy to announce the release of 19.2.0. This release includes binaries that you can download on GitHub.

About this release
=============

Dash Core 19.2.0 is a **mandatory** minor version that *does include breaking changes*. You can find detailed release notes at https://github.com/dashpay/dash/blob/v19.2.0/doc/release-notes.md.

When upgrading from a version < 19.2, a migration process will occur. Although expected to complete quite quickly, this migration process can take up to thirty minutes to complete on some systems.

This release is **mandatory** for all nodes. Versions < 19.2 are expected to fork off from the rest of the network on July 6th.

Known Issues
--------------
- No known issues at this time
- It is expected that if you do not upgrade prior to the fork on July 6th, you may need to reindex.

Verification of Downloads
-----------------------------------

This release was signed by https://keybase.io/pasta (GPG fingerprint: `2959 0362 EC87 8A81 FD3C 202B 5252 7BED ABE8 7984`).

It is important to verify the binaries you download by following one of these guides:
- [Windows](https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/wallets/dashcore/installation-windows.html?#verifying-dash-core)
- [MacOS](https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/wallets/dashcore/installation-macos.html?#verifying-dash-core)
- [Linux](https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/wallets/dashcore/installation-linux.html?#verifying-dash-core)

Credits
-------

Thanks go out to all Dash Core contributors, DCG infrastructure, everyone who submitted issues, reviewed pull requests, or helped translate on [Transifex](https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/dash/), and also to [Bitcoin Core](https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin) developers.

The Dash Core v19 hard fork status has changed to "locked in" today due to miner signalling! 🚀

This means the hard fork height will be block 1899072 in approximately one week (late in the day UTC time on July 5) . As previously mentioned, nodes and miners are that have not updated by that time should expect to be forked off the network.

The Dash Core v19 hard fork status has changed to "locked in" today due to miner signalling! 🚀

This means the hard fork height will be block 1899072 in approximately one week (late in the day UTC time on July 5) . As previously mentioned, nodes and miners are that have not updated by that time should expect to be forked off the network.

As expected.

Whenever "vote the numbers" appears in a community, the Doom day is close, and the sheep will be separated from the goats.

Proof that paid DCG developers are the only ones in control of masternode software for the purpose of financial reward.

The upcoming Dash hard fork in 3 or 4 days where masternodes not running Dash Core v19.2 will fork off immediately will be an interesting event.
I suspect the masternode payment interval will get shortened considerably.

Knipsel.JPG

This release is **mandatory** for all nodes. Versions < 19.2 are expected to fork off from the rest of the network on July 6th.

Last edited:
I've reopened this thread and removed some off-topic comments. Anymore of that in this thread and I will start handing out bans

Last edited:
Looks like some MNO's have been busy today :

Knipsel.JPG

Everything seems to be falling into place (miners locked v19.2 in and masternodes have by now updated to v19.2 in sufficient numbers) for the second attempt of DCG to activate Dash Core v19.

To all :

download.jpg

Here is hoping for a successfull activation of Dash Core v19 in a few days and with that the launch of Evonodes to support Dash Platform.

Last edited:
I assume 85% is the legitimate number, in order for the fork to occur.
Correct?

We still have 80%, so there is still hope for the HCMN not to be applied in the Dash network.

And of course, when we jump from 50% to 80% in a matter of minutes, this is a sign that the Dash network is highly centralized.

High centralization is a bad sign, regardless whether the fork will occur or not.

I agree - an increase in decentralization of masternode hosting is desirable.

Regarding the fork, the rules are the same as for all recent hard forks (some previous responses here and here), so the threshold for lock-in/activation was 80% of miner signaling (although it appears that 100% of blocks actual signaled support).

As mentioned in the second link, DIP23 will add a masternode signaling aspect to the hard fork activation process which will be a big improvement. But that isn't in v19, so this hard fork still follows the modified BIP-9 process used for the last few releases.

Window -> Console -> getblockchaininfo

Knipsel.JPG

I assume this means that Dash Core v19 is active since block 1899072 (we are currently on block 1899236) as the status changed from
'locked-in' to 'active'
No problems with new blocks so far, i think : https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/
No Evo nodes yet (MNO's are most likely waiting on an official confirmation that activation of v19 has been successfull this time).

Window -> Information

Knipsel.JPG

Note : 'Number of HPMNs' should be changed to 'Number of Evo Nodes' or 'Number of Evonodes'.

I am not sure why the warning (unknown new rules activated (versionbit 8) is still visible, when starting the windows Dash Core v19.2 wallet.

Knipsel.JPG

I thought this would self clear after Dash Core v19 became active ?

Also when will Spork 23 (Quorum Pose) become active / true ? I assume this has to do with PoSe scoring masternodes who fail to participate with a DKG session ? This spork has been inactive / false for some time now (most likely due to the postponed activation of v19).

Knipsel.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for the post, @qwizzie I have relayed the version bit issue to DCG, numerous reports so far, myself included and the spork setting to DCG. I will report back any findings. We are still waiting on a Evo node rego, I am expecting one today since a MNO decollateralised 4 nodes yesterday and combined to a single input prior to the fork in what I assume was preparation for the fork.

image.png

A small number of masternodes, probably one in ten or as few as one in twenty are experiencing crashes with the below message.

Code:
2023-07-06T11:51:03Z CSigSharesManager::ProcessPendingSigShares -- pubKeyShare is invalid, which should not be possible here
2023-07-06T11:51:03Z Assertion failure:
  assertion: false
  file: llmq/signing_shares.cpp, line: 646
  function: bool llmq::CSigSharesManager::ProcessPendingSigShares(const CConnman&)
No debug information available for stacktrace. You should add debug information and then run:
dashd -printcrashinfo=bvcgc43iinzgc43ijfxgm3ybaacwiyltnbskgqltonsxe5djn5xcaztbnfwhk4tfhifcaidbonzwk4tunfxw4oramzqwy43fbiqcaztjnrstuidmnrwxcl3tnftw42lom5pxg2dbojsxgltdobycyidmnfxgkoragy2dmcraebthk3tdoruw63r2ebrg633mebwgy3lrhi5egu3jm5jwqylsmvzu2ylomftwk4r2hjihe33dmvzxgudfnzsgs3thknuwou3imfzgk4zimnxw443uebbug33onzwwc3rgfeeavhugaaaaaaaaiqdsuaaaaaaaa4t3fiaaaaaaaaxcehaaaaaaaahwq4taaaaaaaabh46uaaaaaaaaim56q6mwfeaaaac26f4zmkiaaaaa====

This appears to be due to a stricter validation on the pub key used in LLMQ 400 signing tasks. Prior to the hard fork, these things were considered valid, now not so much. The devs think this problem will go away when the quorums re-create themselves in a couple of days time, so at the moment no update is planned, however, please let us know if you are impacted, so far only 3 nodes that we know of are impacted, however, there are likely many more.

Also, please note that the network is busy forking off the stalled v19.1 nodes that froze at the fork point due to not upgrading.

ua.PNG

masternode_count7.png

If impacted, simply update to v19.2 and reindex.

Evo Nodes (if properly supported) should be able to vote with 4 votes.
Unfortunetely Dash Central did not update to v19.2 and got forked off.
I am also not sure if Dash Central fully support Evo Nodes (voting with 4 votes) at this moment.

It would have been nice if DCG kept some communication open with important partners in Dash Governance like Dash Central (rango), so that there would not be a disruption in Dash Governance / voting when v19 got activated and Evo Nodes started to pop-up.

Untill Dash Central updates to v19.2 (+reindex) and fully support Evo Nodes, i personally see little to no advantage in setting up an Evo Node before the release of Dash Core v20 to Mainnet. I am aware that Dash Central is not the only way to actually vote with your masternode(s), but it is the place where all the discussions take place and i like to keep my voting and the budget proposal discussions in one place.

Last edited:
Evo Nodes (if properly supported) should be able to vote with 4 votes.
Unfortunetely Dash Central did not update to v19.2 and got forked off.
I am also not sure if Dash Central fully support Evo Nodes (voting with 4 votes) at this moment.

It would have been nice if DCG kept some communication open with important partners in Dash Governance like Dash Central (rango), so that there would not be a disruption in Dash Governance / voting when v19 got activated and Evo Nodes started to pop-up.

Untill Dash Central updates to v19.2 (+reindex) and fully support Evo Nodes, i personally see little to no advantage in setting up an Evo Node before the release of Dash Core v20 to Mainnet. I am aware that Dash Central is not the only way to actually vote with your masternode(s), but it is the place where all the discussions take place and i like to keep my voting and the budget proposal discussions in one place.

MNOwatch is fully supporting evo nodes,
You can vote from the leaderboard simply by clicking on the cell corresponding to your vote and pasting it in the core wallet console. The lazys and ignorants will not stand in the way of progress!

MNOwatch is fully supporting evo nodes,
You can vote from the leaderboard simply by clicking on the cell corresponding to your vote and pasting it in the core wallet console. The lazys and ignorants will not stand in the way of progress!

I already mentioned i am aware of other ways to vote. A bit pointless to then mention those other ways to vote.
I simply prefer to vote and do budget proposal discussions in one place and not be forced to do them across two places.

I already asked DCG in the past to keep communication to Dash Central open about v19 activation / Evo Nodes and provide support to rango.
Obviously that did not happen or they would have warned him to update Dash Central to v19.2

What i feared would happen during the HPMN discussions, just happened (Dash Central forked off and is most likely at this moment not supporting Evo Nodes with regards to 4x voting).

This could have been avoided entirely if DCG kept an open line with Dash Central / rango, as it is also in their interest to keep disruptions to the Dash Governance system to a minimum.

And yes, this is indeed discouraging me to update my masternodes to an Evo Node at this time.
We will just have to see how many MNO's feel discouraged by this as well (or even feel financially motivated to update to an Evo Node right now).

Last edited:
Back