• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

Well, if moli is mining 500 coins at a time, the payments are obviously messed up as mined blocks on testnet were paying out only 9 coins or so, LOL. The way I see it, this payment by blockchain has a list of must-have abilities:

1. The payouts can't be more than the withheld 10% of previous blocks (there should be a way to check this via an explorer or in our wallets).

2. The non-paid portion of the blocks should be visible somewhere. This must not be obfuscated.

3. The successful proposals need to have at least 51% or more of the masternode vote.

4. Once a proposal is successful, it's payments must be locked so no other proposal can usurp them with a higher % vote count (otherwise projects will arbitrarily lose funding after approval). This would be extremely inefficient and cause projects not to be completed, possibly dropped for good.

5. Only a nay vote after approval, that dips the approval below 51% should be able to stop funding. Or some kind of mechanism to cut funding for non compliance / no progress.

Because of #4, there may need to be a mandatory waiting time for the first projects voted in to be able to rank them properly. Perhaps all projects must wait 30 days before they can start getting paid just so proposals can be ranked via vote count.

So, are all these conditions being met? Or was anything forgotten? I know it may not be working, but how is this supposed to work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if moli is mining 500 coins at a time, the payments are obviously messed up as mined blocks on testnet were paying out only 9 coins or so, LOL. The way I see it, this payment by blockchain has a list of must-have abilities:
The 500 tDASH is not from mining as a miner. It's a payment from the super blocks to a proposal I submitted. Check your proposal to see if you got paid also so you can understand.

From the OP Evan said, "For a proposal to make it into the finalized budget, it will require 10% of the masternode votes on mainnet." I am not sure what's the voting percentage to be approved on Testnet. The proposals I submitted with the address y5pk.. BCT got one or two votes on each (and it was a mess to see how many votes because the votes kept changing on the console, another thing Evan needs to fix). We've been having around 93-103 masternodes on Testnet, 1 or 2 votes on a project is around 1%, maybe that was why my proposals got approved (I can see I'm getting paid 500, and 50 on that address, so two projects got approved.)

EDIT: I also submitted proposals "Beer4flare" (with flare's tesnet address) and "Udjinsvacation" (with Udjin's Testnet address) and these two projects also got approved and they're getting paid. Here are their addresses you can check and see how the superblocks are paying them:

y9GHLgCNdZCLYb7yHc6dkahggjk65qhERV (flare)
yAUTpqhxrp311S5U2hAMugkmT4ZaRzi8jM (Udjin)

Oh... One wallet just crashed while reindexing... eduffield .. help! lol

EDIT: And it was running v0.12.0.9-3d787e9 which was supposed to fix the crash?

I use ver 7 and rebuilded the blockchain and looks I`m on synced right fork

"version" : 120007,
"protocolversion" : 70083,
"walletversion" : 61000,
"balance" : 1011.31510491,
"darksend_balance" : 0.00000000,
"blocks" : 79386,
"timeoffset" : 2,
"connections" : 8,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 0.01848038,
"testnet" : true,
"keypoololdest" : 1436038894,
"keypoolsize" : 1001,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"relayfee" : 0.00010000,
"errors" : ""

The 500 tDASH is not from mining as a miner. It's a payment from the super blocks to a proposal I submitted. Check your proposal to see if you got paid also so you can understand.

From the OP Evan said, "For a proposal to make it into the finalized budget, it will require 10% of the masternode votes on mainnet." I am not sure what's the voting percentage to be approved on Testnet. The proposals I submitted with the address y5pk.. BCT got one or two votes on each (and it was a mess to see how many votes because the votes kept changing on the console, another thing Evan needs to fix). We've been having around 93-103 masternodes on Testnet, 1 or 2 votes on a project is around 1%, maybe that was why my proposals got approved (I can see I'm getting paid 500, and 50 on that address, so two projects got approved.)

EDIT: I also submitted proposals "Beer4flare" (with flare's tesnet address) and "Udjinsvacation" (with Udjin's Testnet address) and these two projects also got approved and they're getting paid. Here are their addresses you can check and see how the superblocks are paying them:

y9GHLgCNdZCLYb7yHc6dkahggjk65qhERV (flare)
yAUTpqhxrp311S5U2hAMugkmT4ZaRzi8jM (Udjin)
I understand that, I'm just doubtful that there are already so many coins reserved that could be paid out. I don't think the system is imposing a limit yet (remember, we can only take out up to 10% of the rewards, which are supposed to be reserved for this) Not just any amount, and if you're getting 500 coins that many times, I'm really doubting that there is a limit in place that is working :)

I'm stuck now on a fresh wallet at 77099

OH! Past! Ok, sending

sent to your gmail 'cause I'm not sure your darkcoin.io is still around?

I understand that, I'm just doubtful that there are already so many coins reserved that could be paid out. I don't think the system is imposing a limit yet (remember, we can only take out up to 10% of the rewards, which are supposed to be reserved for this) Not just any amount, and if you're getting 500 coins that many times, I'm really doubting that there is a limit in place that is working :)
OK let's read the OP again:

• This means that starting around july/august(depending on when we launch) there will be 8640 DASH available for budgeting per month (about $24000 currently) for the best ideas we can come up with to develop and grow the Dash ecosystem.
  • The block reward will be lowered by 10% a week or two after the release of v12, in preparation for budget proposals however, the budget doesn’t have to use all of this funds if there are not proposals with community support the coins are just not minted.
  • Budgets will be paid once per month in many consecutive blocks, 1 per approved proposal.

What I understand is each block payment represents one payment a month... On Testnet we're not going to do this for the next 12 months or more so we just have to imagine that each payment is ONCE A MONTH until all the payment count is up. (eduffield can correct this if I'm wrong)

Back