• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

Well, I don't know, I just downloaded the latest from here: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/builds/browse/DASHL-DEV/latest/artifact/JOB1/gitian-linux-dash-dist/ Linux 64 bit, on a VPS, and it crashes. When I finally do dash-cli getinfo, I get "error: couldn't connect to server. I redownloaded and tried again 3 times. Each time, I gave myself permissions to execute files, yet the daemon doesn't completely start up (if I do getinfo early, I get "error: {"code":-28,"message":"Loading block index..."

i had some crashes with my windows wallet too so i tried a -reindex which then stopped at a certain block. In the end a complete rebuild from scratch with bootstrap & only wallet.dat & dash.conf fixed it.

Is this going to solve the problem that "mnbudget projection" shows the list on some wallets (normally it shows the list on a MN wallet) but not on other wallets?
nope, that fix is only for mn crash

Is there somewhere documenting various masternode status codes, I currently showing "status" : 9
My wallet shows:
13:59:43

masternode status

13:59:43

{
"vin" : "CTxIn(COutPoint(0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000, 4294967295), coinbase )",
"service" : "[::]:0",
"status" : 0,
"pubKeyMasternode" : "yDRxpZTRNjCSnTT2CwHKqbT8rTKEhiNDHL",
"notCapableReason" : ""
}

14:00:03

masternode count

14:00:03

My wallet shows:

Yes, I usually show "status" : 0 when all is good, but now "status" : 9 along with
"notCapableReason" : "Can't detect external address. Please use the Masternodeaddr configuration option."

and, well... "Me not knowing this" :sad:

Hum, I just checked mine, and I also forgot this. Strange, I've been getting regular payments, maybe this is with v9?

Um... I've forgotten the testnet port number. Can anyone please post it? Thanks :D

Nevermind, I found it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hum, I just checked mine, and I also forgot this. Strange, I've been getting regular payments, maybe this is with v9?

Um... I've forgotten the testnet port number. Can anyone please post it? Thanks :D

Nevermind, I found it ;)

Hey Tante, how do you get that "strike-through" text in your msg?

Haha... its OK, I got it

LOL ^^ ;)

Well, I put my masternodeaddr= in both the dash folder and the testnet folder, but my windows qt wallet still isn't happy with that (gives me a score of 9) whereas my linux vps is ok but giving me a score of 1.

My first two MNs have been getting paid well for the last ~30 hrs... And the ref node has been off on Testnet, right?

upload_2015-7-5_19-40-53.png

Hmm... My wallets are being stuck at block 78999...

EDIT: solved with -reindex

Another wallet has been stuck again at block 75799 (6 days behind). I've deleted peers.dat, mncache.dat, and blockchains from this wallet and reindexed it twice but it's stuck and would not move... getchaintips shows:
[
{
"height" : 75800,
"hash" : "000000206e89d0cf6e63d603a2e1f36cbc2da981f1e6963900f86f996545208d",
"branchlen" : 1,
"status" : "invalid"
},
{
"height" : 75799,
"hash" : "0000002d69d7a2ad103de2d8b0a019ec4888b4bb4782ca03ed541ab37a544861",
"branchlen" : 0,
"status" : "active"
}
]

Another wallet has been stuck again at block 75799 (6 days behind). I've deleted peers.dat, mncache.dat, and blockchains from this wallet and reindexed it twice but it's stuck and would not move... getchaintips shows:

When that happens to me, I temporarily remove wallet.dat as well, then restart... you end up with brand new virgin wallet but all synced.
Then close Qt, delete that virgin wallet, re-place your original wallet.dat back into testnet3 folder and all should be fine.

Hope this helps

When that happens to me, I temporarily remove wallet.dat as well, then restart... you end up with brand new virgin wallet but all synced.
Then close Qt, delete that virgin wallet, re-place your original wallet.dat back into testnet3 folder and all should be fine.

Hope this helps
I just deleted everything in the folder except wallet.dat, debug.lot, and backups, and now I'm running it again with -zapwallettxes -reindex. I think something is wrong with the blockchain.. the super blocks need to be tampered down? idk

I just deleted everything in the folder except wallet.dat, debug.lot, and backups, and now I'm running it again with -zapwallettxes -reindex. I think something is wrong with the blockchain.. the super blocks need to be tampered down? idk

Cool, I think that might have worked for me before also; I know I've used -zapwallets at least a few times to try and fix some problem or other.

Edit: but if not, try what I suggested, I'm pretty sure it will work

Got my utilities up to 12.0.9 def having a few nodes with stuck blocks as well. Probably just something left over from all the updates. I'm just wiping it all now.

Back