• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

Message I get when trying to combine TX+DS, (from wallet with 1946 Darksend balance, all with many confirmations):

View attachment 1560
That's most likely the limitation of DS and not IX - you need to have enough denominated inputs to sent that exact amount you're trying to send +- 0.1
What's in your coin control and what amount are you trying to send?

That's most likely the limitation of DS and not IX - you need to have enough denominated inputs to sent that exact amount you're trying to send +- 0.1
What's in your coin control and what amount are you trying to send?

I am able to successfully do DS tx by itself. When combining DS+IX, maybe I should preselect inputs prior to sending?

Edit: I tried sending assorted amounts... 10, 50, 100, 110 coins

Here is partial pic of my coin control:

capture_009_03072015_101431.jpg

Calculation is ok - because of DS your fee is 5 tDASH (check coin control features section)

This keeps happening to me too. What is it that causes such a high fee. you can see there he wanted to send 5 coins, and got a 5 coin fee. How can that happen? It happens to me, using DS and IX at the same time, choosing outputs or letting the system choose.

I am able to successfully do DS tx by itself. When combining DS+IX, maybe I should preselect inputs prior to sending?

View attachment 1561
What was your minimum mixing rounds?

Maybe what's happening is that the minimum mixing rounds aren't there, so there aren't enough small inputs. If you're sending 5 coins, and there is only a denomination of 10.001 coins that could be used, the system has to tell you you're sending out 10.001 coins with 5 going to your intended, and 5.001 being a fee?

DS doesn't do change, right?

Or does it? Do we have to create a "custom change address?" I've never used that before. And why does DS alone work?

On mine, I have many inputs > my selected rounds (5) and can't DS + IX together even when selecting the inputs myself.

But I have to go do stuff today, so I won't be available. I just hope you can figure it out bertlebbert.

Maybe what's happening is that the minimum mixing rounds aren't there, so there aren't enough small inputs. If you're sending 5 coins, and there is only a denomination of 10.001 coins that could be used, the system has to tell you you're sending out 10.001 coins with 5 going to your intended, and 5.001 being a fee?

Or does it? Do we have to create a "custom change address?" I've never used that before. And why does DS alone work?

On mine, I have many inputs > my selected rounds (5) and can't DS + IX together even when selecting the inputs myself.

But I have to go do stuff today, so I won't be available. I just hope you can figure it out bertlebbert.

I have it set to 2000 coins/4 rounds; and "Completion" bar was at 100% when I first tried the combined DS+IX tx, until I sent 100 coins using DS alone (that is most recent tx shown). Here's a pic:

capture_010_03072015_104749.jpg

eduffield

a couple of questions with regards to the budget proposals :

* mnbudget show : shows two proposals of Evan with exactly the same name ? (evans-testnet-fund with 2 different hash numbers) : is this okay or should it form a problem ?

* mnfinalbudget show : shows two budget proposals of mine with the same name and two different hash numbers :

{
"main" : {
"SubmittedBy" : "fbc16ae5229d6d99181802fd76a4feee5e7640164dcebc7f8feb04a7bea026f8-0",
"Hash" : "95c194b535e3ed272d4f2f90b23dcb3ab0e38e4c490017538ee92a42008d75b6",
"BlockStart" : 77350,
"BlockEnd" : 77350,
"Proposals" : "proposal-qwizzie1",
"VoteCount" : 5,
"Status" : "OK"
},
"main" : {
"SubmittedBy" : "fbc16ae5229d6d99181802fd76a4feee5e7640164dcebc7f8feb04a7bea026f8-0",
"Hash" : "fcb521a2d9cbe7f27b4f751c30295ffe54f7c2becdf88db7b50ff6ba7eb32b39",
"BlockStart" : 77400,
"BlockEnd" : 77401,
"Proposals" : "evans-testnet-fund,proposal-qwizzie1",
"VoteCount" : 6,
"Status" : "OK"
}
}

I'm receiving two kind of payments : 3000 tdash from my older proposal (i assume the one running from block 77350) & since today 4567 tdash from i assume block 77400,
are both proposals manually approved ? because i thought my older proposal never got into the finalbudget phase and i'm still receiving 3000 tdash for it ??

edit : never mind about the 4567 tdash, its from someone else's budget proposal that still had my own wallet adress in it (see evans-testnet-fund budget proposals, y5WWMBMxHsL5xmscwAyxUf2vfwMX58pprA is my wallet address) and appearently the proposal.qwizzie1 got approved after receiving 76 yes votes.

Proposals can have duplicate names, which is actually OK. For security reasons, all masternode operators are required to vote using the same command string, if they change any piece of data it's a brand new proposal with no votes and the same name.

Thank you TanteStefana, I'm sure everything will get sorted

To avoid confusions, it might be good if proposal names cannot be used more than once... say an error msg saying name already used, re-submit with different name

The problem is you can't "reserve" a name, it would be an attack vector. The way it works is it hashes all of the proposal parameters and that's the actual "name" in the system. The name is just a handle.

The problem is you can't "reserve" a name, it would be an attack vector. The way it works is it hashes all of the proposal parameters and that's the actual "name" in the system. The name is just a handle.

I understand... how about rather than error msg disallowing duplicate, then just a gentle reminder that it might wise to choose another handle because another hash is already using the one one suggested? Else confusion, no?

is it ok to run the v12 wallet on testnet on the same machine (and at the same time) as my mainnet v11 wallet? I assume it's ok but wanted to check. Thanks.

View attachment 1561
Select 10.0001 input with 4 rounds -> check both DS and IX -> send 9.99

There is no change allowed for DS txes. Everything that is leftover is going to be a fee.

UdjinM6 eduffield

Is it possible to use InstantX with mixing process to speed up anonymization?

No, IXed inputs will require 6 confirmations and this will significantly slow DS down.

is it ok to run the v12 wallet on testnet on the same machine (and at the same time) as my main net v11 wallet? I assume it's ok but wanted to check. Thanks.

Yep, that's ok. Just be very careful and do not run v12 without -testnet unintentionally - for now this will break your mainnet blockchain and you'll have to reindex it. This will be fixed later.

crowning

Testing v0.12.0.8-2536e85 (3.7.2015)

Just tested repair wallet (noticed your code changes), and now crash is little different, see pic.
repairerror.png

crowning

Testing v0.12.0.8-2536e85 (3.7.2015)

Just tested repair wallet (noticed your code changes), and now crash is little different, see pic.
repairerror.png

This is a known bug (you can safely click on "Ignore"). The Bitcoin developers just removed this line of code, I think I'll do the same.

Please update -- v0.12.0.8

This is a non critical update, however if you're testing budget proposals please update.

Added mnbudget projection and changed "show"
- Show now shows every proposal that is known, which seems to be the general expected behavior of the users
- Added "projection" for showing what will end up in the budget if it was finalized currently

- Added mnbudget projection and changed "show" -Evan Duffield
- Disable autostart in regtest mode - Evan Duffield
- Only restart wallet 1x, no matter how often a user clicks on a restart - crowning
- fixed proposal display functionality - Evan Duffield
- fix 2 crashes - UdjinM6

Linux32:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/build...an-linux-dash-dist/dash-0.12.0-linux32.tar.gz

Linux64:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/build...an-linux-dash-dist/dash-0.12.0-linux64.tar.gz

Mac:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/build...an-osx-dash-dist/dash-0.12.0-osx-unsigned.dmg

Win32:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/build...62/gitian-win-dash-dist/dash-0.12.0-win32.zip

Win64:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/build...62/gitian-win-dash-dist/dash-0.12.0-win64.zip

Last edited by a moderator:
Back