• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.11.0.x Core Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
confirming the denomination does not stop. I'm not at over 3k coins (> 8 rounds) and it keeps mixing.

i have to add that I like the behaviour of continuos mixing, if you ask me every client should always mix any coin available. no limitations. this would provide a huge mixing pool and great potential for anonymization.
Couldn't agree more, now that fees are almost zero I'd be happier if mixing was on by default. Startup message: "Mixing will begin in 30 seconds unless you click the 'I don't care about my privacy!' button" :tongue:

I'll try and find time to update my testnet stuff. Sorry about the wait.

debug log to [email protected] please.

we have 3 seed nodes in place, if you dont get connections, something is wrong. cc: flare coingun
Sorry my seed isn't updated either. I need to shard up the wallets that hte services use. I don't want to break testnet p2pool but the same wallet runs faucet, p2pool, dnsseed, etc. I will have to break them up so they don't all rely on the one working wallet. I was just waiting for gitan builds to drop.

Happy new year everybody
Just curious. Why new generated coins are not splitted between miner and masternode?

I`ve noticed that the blocks found are fully paid for someone who found it. I mean shouldn`t they be paid partially for the MNs or it is going to be updated with later versions?

Hi ya'all, I just got my test wallet downloaded and I've started denominating. I'm always late to the party, LOL.

I don't understand what the "Try Mix" and "reset" buttons are, can anyone explain? It seems like my wallet didn't start mixing until I hit that button, is that so? (said suddenly something, then waiting in queue )

And one more weird question. With the new interface, we don't really get to see the account number we're using or used anywhere. Lets say I want an account number so I can put it in my P2P mining start script. That's all ok, except that it's confusing because to get the account number, you make a request for payment, which just sounds confusing. Can there be both a request for payment and then a request account number? I had to think of the logic of it, to realize that's how I'll get my account number for mining payments, but if I didn't really understand any of this, if I were more of a newb, I'd be quite confused.

So I request a payment, to get an account number, enter that account number to my mining pool, and receive my payments in it, right? Since I entered no amount, does it stay on my "Requested Payment History" list forever, and if so, does it just keep adding up my income from mining?

I won't have 2 computers to work off of until late tonight, but I'll experiment then, when I can to see if I can't answer some of these questions myself, LOL

Bug: I have found on several occasions that inputs randomly get locked and stay that way (not denominating) until I restart the client.

Hi ya'all, I just got my test wallet downloaded and I've started denominating. I'm always late to the party, LOL.

I don't understand what the "Try Mix" and "reset" buttons are, can anyone explain? It seems like my wallet didn't start mixing until I hit that button, is that so? (said suddenly something, then waiting in queue )

And one more weird question. With the new interface, we don't really get to see the account number we're using or used anywhere. Lets say I want an account number so I can put it in my P2P mining start script. That's all ok, except that it's confusing because to get the account number, you make a request for payment, which just sounds confusing. Can there be both a request for payment and then a request account number? I had to think of the logic of it, to realize that's how I'll get my account number for mining payments, but if I didn't really understand any of this, if I were more of a newb, I'd be quite confused.

So I request a payment, to get an account number, enter that account number to my mining pool, and receive my payments in it, right? Since I entered no amount, does it stay on my "Requested Payment History" list forever, and if so, does it just keep adding up my income from mining?

I won't have 2 computers to work off of until late tonight, but I'll experiment then, when I can to see if I can't answer some of these questions myself, LOL

Try Mix manually submits a denom request I think instead of waiting some set time before it does it itself. Not sure how Reset differs from Stop Mixing.

Receive addresses are now under File > Receiving addresses. :)

Bug: I have found on several occasions that inputs randomly get locked and stay that way (not denominating) until I restart the client.
I've noticed this a few times, but only at the end of the process when it has ground to a halt with just a small amount still to go. You can right-click on the locked amounts in coin control and unlock them, then it will carry on.

My Gitian builder now works with v11. Thanks flare for the fixes. :)

I compiled for windows the latest 0.11.0.3 tag:
http://download.darkcoin.fr/darkcoin-0.11.0.3-win.zip
size: 88766201 bytes
sha1: 02b27201b025db2e29d972caef8073b187b58b95
sha256: 34a7c62d766f3e137cc29691a9644a678d314b7bc7f73fdc0a4735141a31ce9e
(contains both 32 bits and 64 bits versions + installers)

Using:
boost 1.55
db 4.8.30 NC
libpng 1.6.15
miniupnpc 1.9.20141128
openssl 1.0.1j
protobuf 2.6.1
qrencode 3.4.4
qt5 5.2.0
zlib 1.2.8
and of course mingw64 (cross compiled using Gitian with Ubuntu Precise amd64)

Last edited by a moderator:
Putting the cursor over "Try Mix" I get this explanation:

upload_2015-1-3_1-48-10.png

I'm guessing it's a replacement for typing "darksend auto" into the console ?
Then putting the cursor over "Reset" it shows:

upload_2015-1-3_1-55-16.png

I clicked on these two buttons a few times just to mess around with them and right away I got a collateral "Payment to yourself" at 0.10 tDRK. "Reset" makes DS idle but doesn't make it quit completely. Not sure why we need it, but it's pretty cool to have this feature.

Sorry my seed isn't updated either. I need to shard up the wallets that hte services use. I don't want to break testnet p2pool but the same wallet runs faucet, p2pool, dnsseed, etc. I will have to break them up so they don't all rely on the one working wallet. I was just waiting for gitan builds to drop.
to be honest, v10 and v11 should be compatible. take your time.

the issue with the seed is that seednodes seem not to be queried if there is a peers.dat available (but most peers in there are totally outdated.)

take your time ;-)

The new darkcoin-qt 64/32 bit try to use the bitcoin appdata folder

This looks related:

I downloaded it on my mac and when I tried to install, this happened:

JXiDSw4.png

Light can you try using the latest 0.11.0.3 build by elbereth and report back if this still occurs?

Using:
boost 1.55
db 4.8.30 NC
libpng 1.6.15
miniupnpc 1.9.20141128
openssl 1.0.1j
protobuf 2.6.1
qrencode 3.4.4
qt4 4.8.5
zlib 1.2.8

Thanks

/Edit, stupid me, its a windows build. just wait for new mac builds :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Using:
boost 1.55
db 4.8.30 NC
libpng 1.6.15
miniupnpc 1.9.20141128
openssl 1.0.1j
protobuf 2.6.1
qrencode 3.4.4
qt4 4.8.5
zlib 1.2.8
flare I was reported that the build of elbereth is using .darkcoin appdata folder where as your builds try to use .bitcoin appdata, I cant see any differences in code, could you double check the references in gitian are all correct? just an idea. (see posts above)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back