• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Utah Dash Conference 2023

Room Location

So, you plan to join the #DashRetreat in-person? Where exactly do you go?

First, make your way to the Salt Lake City Main Library, at 210 E 400 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84111.

Second, depending on the day and time, you'll find us in one of two meeting rooms:
  • Conference Room A for Friday, Saturday morning, and Sunday sessions. This room is on the library's lower level, so upon entering the building, make your way down one floor.
  • Conference Room Level 3 for Saturday afternoon sessions. This room is -- you guessed it -- on the library's third floor, so upon entering the building, take the stairs or elevator up.

Whew! The 2023 #DashRetreat in Utah is now concluded. It went very well and brought a lot of value.

Here's the playlist of sessions that were streamed:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF5Va8rgg4DE7Yv6RKg6Sr8CFSxsK1AUZ

Much love to everyone involved!

The problem with the UTAH meeting is that you are always the same and the same persons.
I have not seen any new persons.

New blood is desperately needed for the Dash community.

New blood of free persons , of course.... You dont need slaves.

ENCOINTER FOR WEB3

"OUR SIMPLE SOLUTION TO A HARD PROBLEM

Blockchain’s inherent anonymity (or at least, pseudonymity) poses a challenge: hidden identities enable abuses, such as users creating multiple accounts to manipulate a network. Creating a unique digital identity, to prevent this without requiring real-world identification, is one of cryptocurrency’s “hard problems” as identified by Vitalik Buterin. Encointer takes a very practical approach to this problem.
All that’s needed to prevent abuse (such as Sybil attacks) is proof of personhood, not proof of identity. That is, the community needs to know that each user is a real person, with only one account. In person, that’s easy.
A person can’t be in two places at once – and a bot certainly can’t impersonate a human in the flesh. So the Encointer identity system simply requires every participant to be available to attend regular meetups, which are held at the same time everywhere, and to use the Encointer app on site to confirm their attendance.
That’s all –
no identification, no names, no personal details. Anyone can join, but no one can hold more than one account. By providing proof of unique personhood and location, this simple key-signing mechanism provides a Sybil defense for the network and forms a community web of trust."

I gave you the solution since my very first appearance here in Dash in Sep 2016. You keep deny it.
You dont want to vote the numbers, you dont want a proof of individuality.
You refused to deal with these flaming issues in UTAH meeting.
The Dash community will keep falling into the pit of despair, until reconsider and repent.

Last edited:
The problem with the UTAH meeting is that you are always the same and the same persons.
I have not seen any new persons.

New blood is desperately needed for the Dash community.

New blood of free persons , of course.... You dont need slaves.

ENCOINTER FOR WEB3

"OUR SIMPLE SOLUTION TO A HARD PROBLEM

Blockchain’s inherent anonymity (or at least, pseudonymity) poses a challenge: hidden identities enable abuses, such as users creating multiple accounts to manipulate a network. Creating a unique digital identity, to prevent this without requiring real-world identification, is one of cryptocurrency’s “hard problems” as identified by Vitalik Buterin. Encointer takes a very practical approach to this problem.
All that’s needed to prevent abuse (such as Sybil attacks) is proof of personhood, not proof of identity. That is, the community needs to know that each user is a real person, with only one account. In person, that’s easy.
A person can’t be in two places at once – and a bot certainly can’t impersonate a human in the flesh. So the Encointer identity system simply requires every participant to be available to attend regular meetups, which are held at the same time everywhere, and to use the Encointer app on site to confirm their attendance.
That’s all –
no identification, no names, no personal details. Anyone can join, but no one can hold more than one account. By providing proof of unique personhood and location, this simple key-signing mechanism provides a Sybil defense for the network and forms a community web of trust."

I gave you the solution since my very first appearance here in Dash in Sep 2016. You keep deny it.
You dont want to vote the numbers, you dont want a proof of individuality.
You refused to deal with these flaming issues in UTAH meeting.
The Dash community will keep falling into the pit of despair, until reconsider and repent.
Thanks for the thoughts. Actually, there were some faces at the event that were new to me. And I'm guessing there were some who participated online or who have watched the sessions after-the-fact that are unknown to me.

That said, I do agree with your sentiment that greater involvement would be welcomed and is certainly needed if Dash is ever to realize widespread usage. There's a playlist from John Suscovich on a marketing funnel, which goes from awareness to consideration to preference to purchase to loyalty to advocate. Though the widget he discusses (farm sales) differs from Dash and the convo of mediums of exchange, and thought there are a lot of variables at play here, it may offer some food for thought.

That said, I do agree with your sentiment that greater involvement would be welcomed and is certainly needed if Dash is ever to realize widespread usage. There's a playlist from John Suscovich on a marketing funnel, which goes from awareness to consideration to preference to purchase to loyalty to advocate. Though the widget he discusses (farm sales) differs from Dash and the convo of mediums of exchange, and thought there are a lot of variables at play here, it may offer some food for thought.

The critical problem with Dash community is that its governors (the masternodes) are possessed. Daemons instruct the Dash governors to take wrong decisions, and these decisions lead to the death of Dash.

A solution to this may be to increase the number of voters (by reducing the masternode collateral) in hope that the concentration of people possessed and enslaved to the daemons diminishes. Also, in case the encointer meetings are finnaly voted in the budget, the chance of a possessed masternode to physically appear in a encointer meeting is very low. Possessed people avoid real life contact with other people. So another solution may be to diminish the voting rights for all these masternodes that constantly refuse to attend whatever real life meeting (and despite the fact that the meetings are designed to strongly protect their anonymity). Because the persons who refuse to attend meetings are obviously either indifferent to the Dash community, or possessed or agents.

The Dash community should reduce the concentration of the voters that are possesed and enslaved to the daemons. Escaping from the daemons' instructions is the only way for the Dash community to take good decisions and prosper.

Last edited:
Hey Pete @trust_thyself

Thank you (and Amanda and anyone else, who was engaged) for organising the event. It was really good to see Dash-dedicated event.
There were many interesting topics and conversations. I watched majority of them later, on the Incubator YT channel.
I gave myself some time to think and digest what I saw. My major conclusion is similar to what I have shared in the video with you:

Dash needs PR, marketing and communication. Desperately.

No matter how many innovative technical solutions developers would make, no matter how many changes in tokemnomics or DAO would be implemented. This means nothing, when not communicated to the entire crypto community (and the entire world).
Have a look how many views the videos from the event have: https://www.youtube.com/@dashincubator/streams . Those are tiny numbers.
We need to remind people about Dash and constantly communicate about the project. All the time.
There is a good reason why even big and famous companies constantly invest large amounts of money in pr/marketing. In my opinion we have to do the same.
I remember very well the times when Amanda was shining on Youtube, we were working with the competent PR agency, many of us were present on conferences, crypto events and talked to the crypto influencers. And it worked very well in my opinion - not everyone was happy but objectively Dash was in MUCH better situation from any perspective. It would work again - there is no magic in that. Hard work on promotion pays out.
Finalize Evo, stop this development hell, and redirect money into marketing and promotion.

no matter how many changes in tokemnomics or DAO would be implemented [...] mean nothing when not communicated to the entire crypto community (and the entire world).
We need to remind people about Dash and constantly communicate about the project. All the time.
There is a good reason why even big and famous companies constantly invest large amounts of money in pr/marketing. In my opinion we have to do the same.
The economic changes I introduced in the retreat are, in part, to facilitate more resources dedicated to communication, marketing, business development, conferences, etc. Experts don't work for free. On the contrary, they demand high pay. Where is this pay going to come from? That's a real question - I'd like to hear answers.

Finalize Evo, stop this development hell, and redirect money into marketing and promotion.
Yes, we need to finalize it. I know about the sunk cost fallacy, but we really have come too far to abandon it now. We need to release it and see what product-market fit comes out of it.

@rion
You don't need to explain that the Evo development needs to be finished. I didn't intend to write that we should stop it now - if you understood it that way, it was my weak English.
The intention behind the post was: to finalize Evo development, release it to the mainnet and after that, don't continue in such an ineffective, unpredictable manner, with a gigantic funds directed towards development to create more new features.
We don't even know if market wants any new features. We don't know if market wants Evo.
So after the mainnet release - maintenance mode only + market testing.

In the meantime, in my opinion, we all should focus on marketing. If no one talks about Dash, there is no Dash in crypto.
Marketing and communication is the key atm IMHO.

Where is this pay going to come from? That's a real question - I'd like to hear answers.
From the money saved on development.
I don't intend to discuss your proposal here, but it doesn't guarantee that there will be additional funds, if it is implemented.

Back