• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Utah Dash Conference 2023

Does R&D stands for "Refill (our pocket with money) OR Die" ?
Thats the optimistic point of view. It may also stands for "Refill (our pocket with money) AND Die".
Ambersand(&) is mostly used as a logical AND.
My bad, it stands for Research and Development, but what I mean by that is basically new innovative product development or research-heavy product development.

Based on the examples you gave, I assume that the answers are not helpful for you. How can I help you?

My bad, it stands for Research and Development, but what I mean by that is basically new innovative product development or research-heavy product development.

Based on the examples you gave, I assume that the answers are not helpful for you. How can I help you?
I obviously knew what's R&D means.
Are you a bot or something? You can distinguish bots to humans, bots have not the sense of humor.

Why are you answering on behalf of DCG, while I cannot see your DCG tag here on forum? A new recruit?

balazsbezi

Joined Yesterday at 7:35 PM

Last edited:
I obviously knew what's R&D means.
Are you a bot or something? You can distinguish bots to humans, bots have not the sense of humor.

Why are you answering on behalf of DCG, while I cannot see your DCG tag here on forum? A new recruit?

[/HEADING]
[HEADING=3]balazsbezi

Joined Yesterday at 7:35 PM
I wasn't actively commenting on the forum, only following Discord. I joined DCG in 2021 as a project/program manager. Soon after I was advocating and started to organize/host the biweekly Dev Updates for better transparency, where you can see me regularly.

I apologize for any misunderstanding of your message. Initially, it came across as a bit confrontational, which may have caused me to get defensive. This might have influenced my ability to pick up on the humor.
Instead, I thought I better assume that your question was genuine to not pick up the fight.

I wasn't actively commenting on the forum, only following Discord. I joined DCG in 2021 as a project/program manager.

So you are here since 2021, you are a paid DCG member, but until now you didnt subscribe an account to the forum, nor to Discord (as I can see).

What made you change this attitude? Was it you who decided to join the forum, or someone else commanded you to do it?

Last edited:
So you are here since 2021, you are a paid DCG member, but until now you didnt subscribe an account to the forum, nor to Discord (as I can see).

What made you change this attitude? Was it you who decided to join the forum, or someone else commanded you to do it?
I am active on Discord, you can see my messages by searching my name (from:balazsbezi).

What made me change my attitude? I wouldn't say it was a question of attitude. I found the forum a rather hostile environment and a time-consuming activity. I decided to give it a try (no one commanded me) and be more active to bring some positivity and help people who have questions and I'm able to meaningfully comment.

Last edited:
Reflecting on the original post, I am happy to host a potential online side event (if that works), unfortunately, I can't attend IRL.

Doesn't look like I will be able to attend now either, I have to replace the engine computer on my Nissan. I will try to get something going here in Ohio.

Doesn't look like I will be able to attend now either, I have to replace the engine computer on my Nissan. I will try to get something going here in Ohio.

So what date would you like the UTAH conference to occur? You have your Nissan engine issue, other people have their own issues.

A doodle is desperately needed, but who is going to design it for you?

But even in case someone designs the doodle for you, you have this awfull taboo /obsession / psychosis against number voting, so you will obviously reject it.

There is no hope for you. You are already dead, you just dont know it.

Last edited:
Truth does not play dice.
God does play dice though, this is fundamental to how subatomic particles work. If look to the macro scale it might be the same, with the many worlds hypothesis. We can't talk in certainties with DCG and the Evo release because we haven't got all the information, so I think giving it some odds is entirely logical.

How can I help you?
You must be new around here. I don't thing Demo can be helped. :ROFLMAO: Nice try!
A new recruit?
Evidently, but also no one is forcing him to come here, so don't be a dick, try to engage constructively.
Reflecting on the original post, I am happy to host a potential online side event (if that works), unfortunately, I can't attend IRL.
Dope, I'd join with you and help if I can.
Oh c'mon!

God does play dice though, this is fundamental to how subatomic particles work. If look to the macro scale it might be the same, with the many worlds hypothesis.
God does not play dice either. What appears to you as a random movement, is the voting decision of the spirits into the knowledge tree who command every particle to move. Now your spirit commands your body, and your body moves. Whenever you die, and in case you are saved, you will are able to move at least one subatomic particle. If you can move many particles after your death, you may have become a saint or a vampire. You dont know what the spirits are voting or will vote in the future, you dont understand why they move that way, so you think that their votes-movements are random. But they are not.

Also there are no many worlds, there is only one world and it is governed by the knowledge tree and the tree of life. Of course the tree may predict many worlds, but these worlds are always under the control of the tree, so all these worlds are actually one world. A forest. When I am talking about tree, of course I mean decision tree, and the world is the platonic world of ideas.

Last edited:
Evidently, but also no one is forcing him to come here, so don't be a dick, try to engage constructively.
How can you be so sure that no one is forcing him? How do you know he is not a prisoner?
He is a paid DCG member after all, and paid people are highly suspected of being manipulated by others.

Anyway, we are off topic, so lets go back to the UTAH conference.
@xkcd , will you design a doodle for the conference, in case @Pete - DashCrypto wants it?

Last edited:
How can be sure that no one is forcing him? How do you know he is not a prisoner?
He is a paid DGC member after all, and paid people are highly suspected of being manipulated by others.
I already answered, that no one is forcing me. Now I guess it was another joke with subtle insults at DCG people. Not gonna lie, it warms my heart. :)

😣 now I remember why I only go to discord 🤨

So Sam is super sick , and I’m going to guess v20 won’t be released this week as planned. But isn’t v20 going to have user names and passwords? Isn’t that the essential “EVO”? If v20 release is nigh, we shouldn’t need more than 3 months of testing, do we?

You could add a vote the numbers question into the dash budget, asking all the masternodes about the date they prefer the UTAH conference to occur. You will select that way the perfect date, the date where the majority of the masternodes can participate, so your conference will have the greatest success possible.

I am talking about a vote_the_numbers simulation of a doodle meeting event (look at this video where a blonde amanda-oid explains what doodle is).

In its simplicity, you simply define 9 possible dates and ask the masternodes to vote the number they prefer (from 0 to 8) where each number corresponds to a meeting date. The individuals who control more than one masternodes, can obviously vote more than one preferred numbers (so this method is considered as an accurate doodle simulation only for the dolphins/whales, while the shrimps can vote only one date).

For 9 possible dates you need 2 budget proposals to implement the BASE3 numerical system, so it will cost you 2 dash proposal fee. For 27 possible dates, 3 dash proposal fee. If you like more accuracy, you can also define a date range, and let the masternodes vote within that date range by allowing them as much granularity as you can afford to pay. Finally for a cheap solution that offers more granularity, you may also use the BASE4 system.

Are you capable to design the above vote_the_numbers doodle question by yourself?
If you cannot, maybe @xkcd has the incentive to help you design the doodle question.

Or, would you like me to help you design it?
Thanks for your input and effort on this front. Apologies for the delay in my own response -- I did see it shortly after you posted it. I'm thinking that for the upcoming event in Utah what you outlined may be a bit too robust, in that, we likely won't have a huge number of in-person attendees, and thus, identifying a date range that's workable for most looks to be doable via some text exchanges. (The folks who have indicated their attendance or willingness to help brainstorm have been added to a new Discord group to specifically answer the date question, as well as the location and scope of the event. As more concrete info emerges there, it'll be shared here too.)

Is there any reliable date for the Evo release in place?
I am asking here because I was invited to a few events and I am not going to say again "we will release it by the end of the year". I would rather not do any presentation.
Agreed. It would be great to have some certainty that Evolution/Platform will be released on/before Jan. 2024 so that we can coincide it with Dash's 10yr anniversary at a larger event. But yeah, even a statement to that effect and good intentions doesn't mean that that'll occur. So yeah, timing is tight. Ideally we'd have months of time prior to a bigger event so that folks can plan accordingly. So yeah, maybe aiming for a big event in Jan. is a no-go as no is claiming that everything will be released in the next couple months.

Last edited:
we likely won't have a huge number of in-person attendees

And whats the reason of a low number of attendees? Very few are really interested in your conference , or you didnt communicate your conference well enough?

Depending on the persons you are targeting to (Mnos? Crowdnodes? Miners? Dash community members?) you should advertise your conference to the appropriate channels.
  • In case you target the Mnos, I think a budget/doodle proposal is the best you can do to make your conference known. But on the other hand the masternodes are strange guys, they may think you are spamming them.
  • In case you target the crowdnodes, then sending a message to @ndrezza and asking him to make the conference known to the crowd, it is the best thing you can do.
  • In case you target the miners, these are dark persons, the only place you may find them is here.
  • In case you target the simple Dash community members, maybe the idea of merging the encointer community to the dash community fulfills your primary goal, because the encointer community is a meeting community above all.
Finally , instead of organizing a big meeting in UTAH, an alternative would be to coordinate many small concurrent meetings in several cities around the world, similar to what encointer is trying to accomplish.

Last edited:
And whats the reason of a low number of attendees? Very few are really interested in your conference , or you didnt communicate your conference well enough?

Depending on the persons you are targeting to (Mnos? Crowdnodes? Miners? Dash community members?) you should advertise your conference to the appropriate channels.
  • In case you target the Mnos, I think a budget/doodle proposal is the best you can do to make your conference known. But on the other hand the masternodes are strange guys, they may think you are spamming them.
  • In case you target the crowdnodes, then sending a message to @ndrezza and asking him to make the conference known to the crowd, it is the best thing you can do.
  • In case you target the miners, these are dark persons, the only place you may find them is here.
  • In case you target the simple Dash community members, maybe the idea of merging the encointer community to the dash community fulfills your primary goal, because the encointer community is a meeting community above all.
Finally , instead of organizing a big meeting in UTAH, an alternative would be to coordinate many small concurrent meetings in several cities around the world, similar to what encointer is trying to accomplish.
Your first question in a good one. I think mostly it has to do with the current involvement/excitement around Dash. I just feel like we're working with what we have at the moment. In 2017, when we spearheaded the Dash Open House in AZ, there was more buzz around Dash and a larger, more active community. Further, as SLC isn't a major airport hub, the location admittedly isn't as easy (or cheap) to get to as some places. That said, even though the in-person numbers may not be large, I think it's shaping-up to be qualitative, and it looks as though even more folks will join remotely. So, overall, I think it'll be of value.

But, as you noted, maybe I didn't communicate the event well-enough. That's fair. If others think this event has merit and want to promote it, great. Or, if they think they can do a better job and want to spearhead an event nearer to their location, that'd be super welcomed. The more in-person connections the better.

I appreciate you sharing those links for each potential audience. Anyone with interest is welcome to join. I thought to cast a wide net via a post here on the Forum and shares on the Discord and subreddit.

What you suggest in your conclusion -- about having a multi-city event -- would be nice, but, with the exception of AgnewPickens, I haven't seen much interest for this iteration. Perhaps it'll exist for a larger, Jan. event (again, if Evo is released a couple months before that so plans can be made, both for logistics/travel and a hackathon, etc.).

Last edited:
Back