• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Slack Tipbot And Community Engagement

If you can't understand how the real world works, that isn't my problem.

You created something and then used somebody else's money to build it up, advertise it, and grow it. By any definition, the Slack is at least partly owned by the Dash Network. That, my friend, is how "the real world works."

No funds will be returned.

This, of course, is no surprise. But understand this: masternode owners have a long memory. I'd wager it will be a long time before the network funds any proposal that has your name, or the name of any other participant in this scheme, attached to it. Frankly, at the cost of "only" 450 DASH, the network may have just saved itself from a much larger problem down the road.

You've been a valuable contributor to Dash, and I applaud you for all your work. But taking somebody else's money to build your product and increase its value, then cutting out that investor (the Dash network) is highly unethical. In the "real world" that you refer to, it would be illegal. Here, it's just unethical.

If you do something illegal in the "real world" you have to deal with law enforcement. If you do something unethical, you have to live with your own conscience. Then again, that may not be a problem for you. If it is, then there's still time to do the right thing. Then again, I guess you've already decided that your conscience won't be a problem, since:

No funds will be returned.

@TroyDASH Yes, of course. Naruby will need to give us a hand with the bot. We are waiting for him to respond to us on another issue.

Thank you, I have confirmed this as well, it may take some time to sort out though so everyone who would like to retrieve their tip jar please be patient

You created something and then used somebody else's money to build it up, advertise it, and grow it. By any definition, the Slack is at least partly owned by the Dash Network. That, my friend, is how "the real world works."

This, of course, is no surprise. But understand this: masternode owners have a long memory. I'd wager it will be a long time before the network funds any proposal that has your name, or the name of any other participant in this scheme, attached to it. Frankly, at the cost of "only" 450 DASH, the network may have just saved itself from a much larger problem down the road.

You've been a valuable contributor to Dash, and I applaud you for all your work. But taking somebody else's money to build your product and increase its value, then cutting out that investor (the Dash network) is highly unethical. In the "real world" that you refer to, it would be illegal. Here, it's just unethical.

If you do something illegal in the "real world" you have to deal with law enforcement. If you do something unethical, you have to live with your own conscience. Then again, that may not be a problem for you. If it is, then there's still time to do the right thing. Then again, I guess you've already decided that your conscience won't be a problem, since:

The unethical is the dash core members, because they built dash software in a way it is impossible for amounts of dash money to be returned upon a voting decision of the dash community. The unethical is the whales, who do not vote in the budget a proposal that will implement reversible transactions to be possible to happen upon community's vote.

Solarminer, Lamassu and everybody else are not unethical, they are just doing what you allowed them to do!

It is so vast the amount of stupidity of this community, it is so vast the amount of your skimpiness (penny wise, dollar foolish) in this and in many other cases, that no serious person will ever invest on you or try to be ethical with you.

Last edited:
Back