• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Should a Dash-PIVX merger be explored?

Fair enough, but from what many of us have seen in various channels in the Dash Discord, I'm not sure the culture would attract the PIVX community to join, let alone stay.

Market cap can change fast, and Dash is going the wrong direction fast in that regard.

The network of integrations would be nice, but a new chain brings a host of issues to that topic.

Then there are the issues with regulators and exchange listings that comes with a new chain.

Frankly, I'm not seeing any value we could gain from a merger with Dash.

Culture is just people, and crypto is meant to be for the whole world to use, not just the people you like or agree with, but you are right that it's clearly the main sticking point right now. If people don't want to merge then that's that.

In terms of regulation, exchange listings, and integrations, etc., I think thats probably just a question of the name and community ego. If the new chain kept the Dash branding, then there's literally no difference between that and a hard fork.

If you really see no value to gain from increasing the network size several times over, then I no idea what criteria you are using to measure value, but I'm pretty sure it's not one the market uses.

Conversely, if Dash has a larger network, overlapping what PIVX has, the PIVX Community doesn't move to Dash, and Dash market cap continues to fall, then the merged market cap is irrelevant.

I see a risky future for both projects, but PIVX not merging seems the much safer play.

I didn't particularly follow much of that. Dash does have a larger network by every metric I can see: devs, market cap, transaction volume, liquidity, integrations, brand awareness, etc. I guess there's a tiny overlap due to the shared history. That "P" sure looks like a "D" with a stick on it.

I wouldn't recommend playing it safe, but if we can't reach consensus here, then there's nothing to do except find other ways to innovate.

Wow. I didn't realize the Dash MN count had dropped so much over the past few years. Why are so many not enabled?
Most likely switched over to Evonodes.

-4 Masternodes = +1 Evonode

Currently 2867 Enabled Masternodes & 130 Enabled Evonodes on Mainnet (source : Dash Masternode Tool).
Which means some 500 Masternodes got converted to Evonodes.

Speculative Masternode APY versus speculative Evonode APY, if the Platform features currently laying dormant in the Dash codebase were activated already today and Evonodes actually gained access to L2 and its new payment logic :

Knipsel.JPG

Equilibrium of APY between Masternodes and Evonodes is around 1800 Enabled Masternodes & 400 Enabled Evonodes, it seems.
Frankly i do not see that happening anytime soon, as the conversion of Masternodes to Evonodes has slowed down considerably lately.
Source : www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/1app3mc/speculative_apy_post_evo_launch/

Note : this is assuming Masternode owners continue to convert their Masternodes to Evonodes and excludes newly purchased and setup Evonodes

Dash community will be asked to attack the Dash network (Testnet) with everything they have, later this month.
This will be the next phase in testing Dash Platform on Testnet.

Feel free to attack it as well.

Last edited:
Wow. I didn't realize the Dash MN count had dropped so much over the past few years. Why are so many not enabled?
I will assume you are referring to this source.

mn_count.png

It's interesting to see the enabled count drop since those MNOs are literally leaving money on the table. Can you point me to a similar chart of PIVX? I at one point considered studying PIVX but decided not too because the network was inconsequential to me, but if you think there would be some value in offering a PIVX MNOwatch I might look at creating alternate pages for you when we migrate to our new infra later this year.

Really a shame to see this merger will not even get discussed properly.
I love both projects and i think there are lots of great people on both side and each project has something unique to bring to the table.
But before that people with the maxi hat need to step back and think about the bigger picture.
Personally no matter what anyone says i don't feel (right now anyway) any of the projects will take any traction with the current trajectory. It can be TVL, user counts, adoption etc. Take your pick.
Together we would be much better prepared for what's coming but to many are to proud to think differently or give up a name, color, badge etc.
If people are stuck in the past we wont be able to move into the future.
I think it was brave from @amanda_b_johnson to ask the question in pivx discord but neither side was really ready for this talk.

I realize both project is proud of its "identity" but for a merger you need to be ready to abandon that identity and think a new.

Think about all the upside this could bring! Pivx has a tiny budget and does amazing work with that, just look at https://app.mypivxwallet.org/ and tons of integrations recently.
Same with Dash and the work with EVO....
Now imagine if we could bring all of that goodness under 1 roof! TO me that is a no brainer.

I do hope the "CEO"'s (you know who you are), can take a step back and think outside of the box for a moment and see what this could potentially for for our projects.

Really a shame to see this merger will not even get discussed properly.
I love both projects and i think there are lots of great people on both side and each project has something unique to bring to the table.
But before that people with the maxi hat need to step back and think about the bigger picture.
Personally no matter what anyone says i don't feel (right now anyway) any of the projects will take any traction with the current trajectory. It can be TVL, user counts, adoption etc. Take your pick.
Together we would be much better prepared for what's coming but to many are to proud to think differently or give up a name, color, badge etc.
If people are stuck in the past we wont be able to move into the future.
I think it was brave from @amanda_b_johnson to ask the question in pivx discord but neither side was really ready for this talk.

I realize both project is proud of its "identity" but for a merger you need to be ready to abandon that identity and think a new.

Think about all the upside this could bring! Pivx has a tiny budget and does amazing work with that, just look at https://app.mypivxwallet.org/ and tons of integrations recently.
Same with Dash and the work with EVO....
Now imagine if we could bring all of that goodness under 1 roof! TO me that is a no brainer.

I do hope the "CEO"'s (you know who you are), can take a step back and think outside of the box for a moment and see what this could potentially for for our projects.

For me, the biggest issue with a merger is the technical debt, I don't think with Platform heading for Mainnet (pray) that there is an appetite in the Dash community for that. There are quite a few MNOs in the Dash community that are hardcappers, and refactoring supply is a non-starter for them, and they are very vocal about it. I welcome engagement with the PIVX community and finding ways we can partner on things, I just don't believe a chain merger is the way to go right now.

For me, the biggest issue with a merger is the technical debt, I don't think with Platform heading for Mainnet (pray) that there is an appetite in the Dash community for that. There are quite a few MNOs in the Dash community that are hardcappers, and refactoring supply is a non-starter for them, and they are very vocal about it. I welcome engagement with the PIVX community and finding ways we can partner on things, I just don't believe a chain merger is the way to go right now.
Yeah the EVO is a huge milestone and that alone could put this in a awkward situation.
Plus on both side there are people who are very very vocal and can't imagine any change to the name, brand and all of that. Still i keep hoping the teams can collaborate and help each other. Similar to Firo and Pivx. Before they were rivals and now they work much closer with each other. Together we are stronger.

Where's our self esteem?.
It's true if you combine userbases etc it makes it a larger project, but the compromises means many would leave.
I think it's time dash started turning it's mind to ways of increasing userbases organically.
Plus not enough is being done to simplify and explain it's tech, goals to the little guy.
We are still in the investment growth phase, we need regular people to read about and get excited over dash.

Last edited:
Back