Just in case we're looking for possible combinations based on the DRK letters, we can use something like this possible words:
$ grep -i "^d.*r.*k$" /usr/share/dict/words
(that came up with 50 words to review)
Running this on a mac, there are only 235k words (and it is english-based - it might be better to use a global dict with other languages)
$ cat /usr/share/dict/words | wc -l
Or if we want 4 letter words... (there are 4347 of them)
$ grep -e "^[a-z][a-z][a-z][a-z]$" /usr/share/dict/words | wc -l
Four letter words beginning with "d":
$ grep -e "^d[a-z][a-z][a-z]$" /usr/share/dict/words | wc -l
If we look at most recent hip startup-like names we could pick a 6 letter word, that ends with 'er' but drop the 'e'
$ grep -e "^[a-z][a-z][a-z]er$" /usr/share/dict/words | wc -l
It feels like we want:
- prefer a two-syllable, pronounced word/phrase (would consider three syllables)
- easily pronounced (without something like latex where you say it lay-Tech because the X is the letter Chi)
- something not used so we could trademark it and get URLs easily (avoid ecash, iPay, visa, etc.)
- possibly a common phrase or word, but not necessary
- three to 6 characters long (possibly longer) - (examples: dash, dawn, darpa, etc.)
- we (perhaps just moi) tend to think of only english words, but that might be holding us back; we should consider searching other languages: German, Italian, Dutch, Spanish, French, Afrikaans, Hindi, Portuguese, Finnish, Zulu, Bengali, etc. - there might be some interesting words that could be used
For instance, "mani" (Hindi), "dinero" (Spanish), "geld" (Dutch/Afrikaans/German) , "monon" (Esperanto), "imali" (Zulu), "pecunia" (Latin), etc.
Google translate is a big help here... for the monoglots amongst us.
- if we can re-use D, R, and K, then we could keep a tie back to darkcoin - something like:
DrK (Doctor K's)
"dollar Kryptos" etc.
"Arkcoin", the 'd' is silent (lol)
- there seems to be a preference to starting with 'd'
- should feel/seem a direct competitor to 'bitcoin', 'visa', 'mastercard', 'american express', 'paypal', 'apple pay', 'debit card', etc.
- should not have 'dark' in the name (to sound less nefarious)
- preferably does not have a negative connotation/association (like 'badcoin' or 'shitcoin')
- we may not want 'coin' in the name
- for some reason, we tend to be using either green or blue for logos, perhaps that could be incorporated like "Skycoin" or "Oceans" (using blue)
- our receiving/sending addresses start with 'X', perhaps we incorporate that into the name (like Xpay or Xrouting)
- we may want a bland word/name (not everyone agrees though) OR we may want an "edgy" name
- we want the name to inspire quick/fast/instantaneous type associations
- we could use some combination/play off the words/technology that we like so much:
- darksend, instantX, mixing, crypto, coin, cash, anonymous, digital, masternodes, nodes, liberty, currency, Evan, Duffield
for example (not a good one), 'dmix' - digital masternodes instantX
Hope that helps with the creative juices...