• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

PROPOSAL: DASH DAO Tutorial Videos - 30 DASH Fee

Dont try to find excuses or pretext for not doing the video.

I understand/I know that you just dont want to do this video, simply because you are possessed by agents.

You are planning to do 6 tutorial videos on Dash, and they all focus on the Dash DAO (initiating Dash community discussion, creating a Dash proposal, monitoring a Dash proposal, promoting a Dash proposal, reporting on a Dash proposal).

I rather see you do 6 promotion videos on Dash, with the first three videos promoting Dash current features (including a video on Dash governance and on Evonodes, as those type of new masternodes are already operating on the Dash network) and the last three videos on the upcoming new features with regards to Dash Platform / Dash Evolution.

We are only one update away from launching Dash Platform on Dash Mainnet. I think promoting Dash current features and Dash upcoming new features is more valuable to the Dash community, then focusing just on Dash Governance system and how to setup and maintain proposals.

This may involve stepping outside your comfort zone (DAO / Governance) and researching the upcoming new Dash features as well as Dash current features, but i think it is worth it for you personally (you learn more about Dash upcoming new features) and it will ultimately be more valuable to the Dash community.

Once Dash Platform hits Mainnet, Dash governance system will expand anyways as Evonodes will be able to vote on Platform-specific topics (for example voting-in Dash blockchain-registered usernames and voting on future Platform updates). So in short : Dash Platform / Dash Evolution will bring changes to Dash Governance system, where governance will run through normal masternodes and through Evonodes.
Evonodes can vote on Platform-specific topics, normal masternodes can't.

Dash is currently at Dash Core v19.3 (mainnet) & Platform version 0.24 (testnet).
Dash Platform / Dash Evolution will be released on Dash Mainnet later this year (i hope), through Dash Core v20 & Platform v0.25

Last edited:
You are planning to do 6 tutorial videos on Dash, and they all focus on the Dash DAO (initiating Dash community discussion, creating a Dash proposal, monitoring a Dash proposal, promoting a Dash proposal, reporting on a Dash proposal).

I rather see you do 6 promotion videos on Dash, with the first three videos promoting Dash current features (including a video on Dash governance and on Evonodes, as those type of new masternodes are already operating on the Dash network) and the last three videos on the upcoming new features with regards to Dash Platform / Dash Evolution.

We are only one update away from launching Dash Platform on Dash Mainnet. I think promoting Dash current features and Dash upcoming new features is more valuable to the Dash community, then focusing just on Dash Governance system and how to setup and maintain proposals.

This may involve stepping outside your comfort zone (DAO / Governance) and researching the upcoming new Dash features as well as Dash current features, but i think it is worth it for you personally (you learn more about Dash upcoming new features) and it will ultimately be more valuable to the Dash community.

Once Dash Platform hits Mainnet, Dash governance system will expand anyways as Evonodes will be able to vote on Platform-specific topics (for example voting-in Dash blockchain-registered usernames and voting on future Platform updates). So in short : Dash Platform / Dash Evolution will bring changes to Dash Governance system, where governance will run through normal masternodes and through Evonodes.

Dash is currently at Dash Core v19.3 (mainnet) & Platform version 0.24 (testnet).
Dash Platform / Dash Evolution will be released on Dash Mainnet later this year (i hope), through Dash Core v20 & Platform v0.25
I really wonder. How did you became such a big fun of the Dash Platform, after all these arguments you casted against it?

I am leaning against the High Performance Masternode Solution because of :
Data replication would get a lot more centralized over less nodes. This undermines the availability of data stored on the masternode network / Dash Drive and could by itself form a single point of attack / single point of failure in the future. What if an entity decides to DDoS those select few 100 of High Performance Masternodes ? It is much more difficult to (sybil?) attack 4000 masternodes, then (sybil?) attack 100 High Performance masternodes. Not to mention possible problems during large software updates, where masternode numbers in general drop like flies, because masternode operators don't keep up with Dash updates or run into problems. If you ask me the above picture with the two described solutions is not a choice between more decentralized and less decentralized, but a choice between more decentralized and more centralized (no point avoiding the c word here).

Current Masternode Whales (those with 5 or 10 or more masternodes) would have no problem setting up a High Performance Masternode or two, but everyone else with less then 5 masternodes or less then 10 masternodes (depending on the outcome of the collateral discussion for High Performance Masternodes) would be denied setting up a High Performance Masternode. In my eyes this could seriously undermine the trust of the Dash community / current masternode operators in Dash Platform, as it radically changes the requirements of running a masternode on Dash Platform. Yes people can now choose to not run a masternode on Dash Platform, but at the same time you deny a lot of people that want to run a masternode on Dash Platform that option. And lets not forget that there could be additional revenue streams in the future for those masternodes that participate on Dash Platform. Those revenue streams should be available to all masternodes in my view, not to a select few 100 masternodes.

Also the centralization aspect of the High Performance Masternode Solution opens Dash up to attacks from Dash competitors, claiming Dash itself to be centralized. It will be difficult to defend Dash from that, because there is truth in it.

So at this point i am favoring the Masternode Solution, where Dash Platform is run on all nodes and way more decentralized.

Just a guess: in contrast to other contributors to this forum, qwizzie is self-reflective, open-minded and listens to others' arguments.
A person whose talks are inconsistent to his acts he may not be open-minded or self-reflective. You can alternatively say some other words against him.

If you really want to judge qwizzie, judge his votes.

Last edited:
If you really want to judge qwizzie, judge his votes.
How do you explain the fact that this person who likes the Dash Platform so much, he recently voted against DCG_compensation? Is he a scammer? Are you also a scammer @peter, as long as you support scammers? Or maybe him (and you also) you are not scammers. You are just irrational monkeys.

In ancient athenian democracy , when a law contradicted another, the one who introduced that law was punished, even sentenced to death.
If an act or a vote of yours contradicts another act or vote of yours, what your punishment should be?

Last edited:
Thanks for also posting this here. I'll respond as I did on dash central just for redundancy.

Yes, We had discussed this in the forums, I'm happy to do other videos, I dont think its a case of 'either/or' I can comfortably do both. I also highlighted the possibility that these tutorials become outdated once Platform arrives, the thing is, I'm not entirely sure when Platform will arrive and I'm happy to redo these when it does, I may put in a proposal for that when the time comes, but i'm not sure we should assume it would be this year without a firm date and judging by the last update I saw there seems to be new work being added to the release version each time they update.

I think different videos are a great idea, but I would really like to start with proposal creation and make my way from there :)

Also 2 of the 6 videos are already made during the process of submitting this proposal, so it's kinda late to turn back now, I'm going to make these regardless, its just a case of either they're worth funding, or...... I dont even want to suggest the alternative. lol

Thanks for the support, I'll leave a link to the videos here as soon as they go live within the next few days.

2nd video of the series is up and shows how to launch a pre-proposal. The pre-proposal will help to give the community time to refine and improve proposal as well as weed out nonstarters prior to people putting forward proposals to the actual chain. This step is absolutely vital!

Hello guys, Clement here from Masternode Buzz. New year and trying to get a hang of things. However, I've seen @cryptosi work and I support this initiative. I also have an idea along these lines but that will come in later. Overall, we should be looking towards simplifying things especially for noob users.

Hello guys, Clement here from Masternode Buzz. New year and trying to get a hang of things. However, I've seen @cryptosi work and I support this initiative. I also have an idea along these lines but that will come in later. Overall, we should be looking towards simplifying things especially for noob users.
What we certainly need is a tool to launch proposals WITHOUT having to download the full Blockchain.

What we certainly need is a tool to launch proposals WITHOUT having to download the full Blockchain.

It's something MNOwatch can look into, but I don't think it can be done trustlessly.

how can mnowatch do that?

Looking at gobject prepare, I don't see a way to do it trustlessly,

Arguments:
1. parent-hash (string, required) hash of the parent object, "0" is root
2. revision (numeric, required) object revision in the system
3. time (numeric, required) time this object was created
4. data-hex (string, required) data in hex string form
5. use-IS (boolean, optional, default=false) Deprecated and ignored
6. outputHash (string, optional, default=) the single output to submit the proposal fee from
7. outputIndex (numeric, optional, default=) The output index.

So, mnowatch would request the user to send 1.00001 Dash to an address we give them, then it would do the gobject prepare <> and later the gobject submit <> on behalf of the user. The process does need 1 confirmation in between, so we either have a spinner that animates for a couple of minutes until the process is done, or better, just let the user get on with their day and give them the unconfirmed TX hash as a receipt, they can after all check it on the blockchain.

Another issue is after the submit part is sent, it still takes sometime for it to appear on the P2P network and then MNOwatch leaderboard will pick it up within 10 mins, but DashCentral can take 30 mins or longer. These delays are unavoidable, but the user will feel like they were rugged while waiting. The good thing is, proposal fees are only 1 Dash, so most people probably won't be too nervous at these prices, but that will change when Dash is $200 or more again. :p

So, mnowatch would request the user to send 1.00001 Dash to an address we give them, then it would do the gobject prepare <> and later the gobject submit <> on behalf of the user. The process does need 1 confirmation in between, so we either have a spinner that animates for a couple of minutes until the process is done, or better, just let the user get on with their day and give them the unconfirmed TX hash as a receipt, they can after all check it on the blockchain.

Another issue is after the submit part is sent, it still takes sometime for it to appear on the P2P network and then MNOwatch leaderboard will pick it up within 10 mins, but DashCentral can take 30 mins or longer. These delays are unavoidable, but the user will feel like they were rugged while waiting. The good thing is, proposal fees are only 1 Dash, so most people probably won't be too nervous at these prices, but that will change when Dash is $200 or more again. :p

There is an alternative way to launch proposals WITHOUT having to download the full Blockchain.

Make the QT core wallet so that it first synchronizes the governance objects, and then it synchronizes the blockchain.

There is an alternative way to launch proposals WITHOUT having to download the full Blockchain.

Make the QT core wallet so that it first synchronizes the governance objects, and then it synchronizes the blockchain.

No, even a pruned wallet, is not able to sync gobjects because some of the data is missing. The solution however, comes from Pasta, he mentioned recently that they are working on a way to sync the UTXO set a certain point in time and thus ignore ALL the history prior to that, this change is penciled in for v21, it would solve this problem.

No, even a pruned wallet, is not able to sync gobjects because some of the data is missing.

What data is missing? The Governance data can be irrelevant to the transactions data. Or if they are not, they can be designed to be.

Let's wait and see what happens with Governance within Platform, I think Dash proposal making will remain largely unaffected, I'd say people should be able to risk the 1Dash with your service, and when the value of 1 dash goes up if they feel too nervous, then they should just download the entire blockchain, youre not forcing them, just giving a much needed option. I'd explain in a tutorial what exactly is happen and you could embed that into your site to increase transparency.

📣 Unlock the Secrets to Successfully Promoting Your Dash Proposal!

Hello Dash Community!

Are you puzzled about how to effectively promote your proposal within the Dash ecosystem? Struggling to capture the attention of masternode owners? Don't fret; I've put together a comprehensive tutorial designed to guide you through the intricacies of proposal promotion.

Watch the Full Tutorial Here: Dash DAO Tutorials: How to Promote Your Proposal

In this video, you'll learn:

• The importance of active engagement on Dash Central
  • How to use social media platforms like Twitter for outreach
  • Leveraging Reddit to connect with a broader audience
  • Staying active and responsive on Dash forums and Discord
  • The synergy between proposal monitoring and promotion
I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences! What challenges have you faced in promoting your proposals? Let's make this a constructive discussion to benefit the entire community.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Back