You have to save the masternodes , because they are enslaved in this 10% without being asked about it.
I don't think we need to save the MNOs from themselves. If a small group has 10% of the nodes, votes yes, and none of the rest of the 90% of the network votes at all (in other words they do not object), then I don't see any reason why it shouldn't pass.
You have to ask the masternodes, what is the percentage they prefer, and fix the percentage according to the wish of the masternodes.
Finally , it is obvious that even if the percentage can be fixed to whatever number, and even if this number is dynamic and can change in the runtime according to the votes of the masternodes, it will never be ok for all types of proposals. Variable participation rate based on the value of the proposal. THIS THE ONLY RATIONAL SOLUTION. Because you need a different participation if there is a proposal that applies taxes to the masternodes, and a different participation if there is a proposal that asks for the forum to change color!
Thus, FOR EVERY PROPOSAL, a DOUBLE VOTE is need.
You should NOT vote (YES/NO/OTHER). You should be allowed to vote (YES/NO/OTHER, minimum participation percentage).
: Every masternode, for every proposal, should be allowed to vote like this: (YES, 17%)
The above example assumes that the final minimum participation percentage will be decided according to a fixed selection process.
If your fixed selection process is decided to be the average, and (for a specific proposal) you have the below votes...
(yes, 15%), (no, 20%), (yes, default) <---- for the example lets say "default" is decided (or voted) to be 10%
...then the final minimum participation for the specific proposal is calculated like this:
Finnaly, if you do not agree with the idea of the fixed-predecided selection processes, then you need a TRIPLE VOTE
in order to let the masternodes to decide also the selection processes.
<vote history> <-- why vote history is usefull?
For a proposals to succeed it should require a minimum participation rate of:
30% of all MNs 0 vote(s) 0.0%
40% of all MNs 1 vote(s) 14.3%
50% of all MNs 0 vote(s) 0.0%
60% of all MNs 0 vote(s) 0.0%
70% of all MNs 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Variable participation rate based on the value of the proposal 4 vote(s) 57.1%
There shoudl be no minimum participation 2 vote(s) 28.6%
Undecided 0 vote(s) 0.0%