• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

In a free society, lies and the omission of facts are allowed to exist

I am an admin, and I am involved now since you're causing the mods here a hard time and making us lock threads that are supposed to assist and help in upgrades etc. In other words you're making more work for me when I should be doing the infrastructure stuff I'm actually paid to do

I think its wrong to be both a mod and an admin. Choose the role you like the best.

I think its wrong to be both a mod and an admin. Choose the role you like the best.

For the last two years I've mostly stayed in the shadows here until you started causing issues in the official thread, you basically forced my hand. If you'll tone it down a bit and not cause so much headache for the mods I'll sink off back into the shadows.... but if I'm called upon again with admin powers you'll be shown the door

For the last two years I've mostly stayed in the shadows here until you started causing issues in the official thread, you basically forced my hand. If you'll tone it down a bit and not cause so much headache for the mods I'll sink off back into the shadows.... but if I'm called upon again with admin powers you'll be shown the door
The correct is the mods to ban the users , not the admins.
This is what I believe.

Anyway, when you delete a message, leave the hash value of the message in the place the deleted message resided.
That way the one who preserves the original message can prove he is right and can reveal it, while the others who claim the deleted message said something else can be proved scammers.
This can also be used in the Evo platform, in case some messages must be deleted due to law enforcment.

The correct is the mods to ban the users , not the admins.
This is what I believe.
Well, let's hope it doesn't come to that and you'll tone it down, eh? Also I do occasionally spam clean, if something manages to get through the filter and no mods are online... it's one of the reasons the forum barely has any spam.

I don't see anyone jumping to help moderate the place except the people we have now, it's mostly forgotten anyway

Well, let's hope it doesn't come to that and you'll tone it down, eh? Also I do occasionally spam clean, if something manages to get through the filter and no mods are online... it's one of the reasons the forum barely has any spam.

I don't see anyone jumping to help moderate the place except the people we have now, it's mostly forgotten anyway

My point of view is that even the spam messages should not be deleted (unless we have serious disk space problem).
I prefer spam to be tagged as such, and a default filter to exist in order to completely hide whatever is tagged as spam, for those who dont like it.

My point of view is that even the spam should not be deleted (unless we have serious disk space problem)
I prefer spam to be tagged as such, and a default filter to completely hide the spam for those who dont like it.

It's never truly deleted anyway, I see it all still. If Xenforo allowed that without some complicated hacks or unsupported plugins, sure. The unsupported plugin problem was how we got into the mess we had earlier this year so I'd rather not if it's complicated, but you're not missing much by not seeing the spam....

As you can see, I am a hardcore free speech advocate.
I do not agree with the argument that some kind of messages (hitler related messages or whatever) justify deletion.

It's never truly deleted anyway, I see it all still. If Xenforo allowed that without some complicated hacks or unsupported plugins, sure. The unsupported plugin problem was how we got into the mess we had earlier this year so I'd rather not if it's complicated, but you're not missing much by not seeing the spam....
Yes certainly, I do not miss much when not seeing the spam.
But some times I like to look at spam to predict the future , similar to the way a seer/mantis watches the birds movement and predicts. :LOL:

As you can see, I am a hardcore free speech advocate.
I do not agree with the argument that some kind of messages (hitler related messages or whatever) justify deletion.

Yeah I understand but as the admin I gotta balance that with keeping at least official threads on topic/relevant so people can get help quickly.

Yes certainly, I do not miss much when seeing spam.
But some times I like to use spam to predict the future , similar to the way oracles watched the birds movement and predicted. :LOL:
I just gave your account view (only view) permissions for all the deleted crap on the forum, feel free :)

You deleted the post, so you may claim I said whatever. And I may claim the same. Thats why the messages should not be deleted.

What I meant is that the only regime that openly oposses Democracy and the majority rule is fascism. Jew or not Jew, if you opose Democracy and the majority rule, you have something in common with fascism.

Anyway, when you delete a message, leave the hash value of the message in the place the deleted message resided.
That way the one who preserves the original message can prove he is right and can reveal it, while the others who claim the deleted message said something else can be proved scammers.
Deleted messages are still viewable by Mods unless permadeleted, which we only do with spam and scam posts.

In a free society, there are consequences for violating other people's property rights.

In a free society, there are consequences for violating other people's property rights.
In a free society, you own nothing but your vote.
Your vote is your only property, and it cannot be taken by anyone, unless you decide to give it.

"Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give of the hidden manna. I will also give that person a white vote with a new name written on it, known only to the one who receives it."

In a free society, you own nothing but your vote.
Your vote is your only property, and it cannot be taken by anyone, unless you decide to give it.

"Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give of the hidden manna. I will also give that person a white vote with a new name written on it, known only to the one who receives it."
You will own nothing and you will be happy, you are sounding like Klaus Schwab.

Back