• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

GUI tool for running Masternode with Trezor

DashMaternodeTool v0.9.36 released
Binaries: https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash-masternode-tool/releases/tag/v0.9.36

This release contains consolidated fixes from RC1 and RC2:
  • Changed masternode naming from "HPMN" to "Evolution" to be consistent with the official docs.
  • Workaround for a Qt 5.15 bug on Windows causing the app to enter an infinite loop when copying text to the clipboard in the protx-related dialogs.
  • Added feature to display all masternodes in the Dash network with filtering
  • Changed the error message "Invalid operator public key format" occurring for legacy operator public keys to a message just indicating that it is a legacy key

@Bertrand256 Can you pls verify if DMT's Next Payment (block) and Next Payment (time) is based on number of enabled masternodes + (number of enabled HPMNs / Evonodes*4). I am asking this because i notice Next Payment (block) in DMT is consistently lower then the Next Payment (also block) in the Dash Core wallet.

@Bertrand256 Can you pls verify if DMT's Next Payment (block) and Next Payment (time) is based on number of enabled masternodes + (number of enabled HPMNs / Evonodes*4). I am asking this because i notice Next Payment (block) in DMT is consistently lower then the Next Payment (also block) in the Dash Core wallet.
Yeah, right. Thanks for pointing that out.

DMT 0.9.37

During start of DMT (not connected to hardware wallet right now) and when clicking clicking on Network Info & Refresh Status :

Knipsel.JPG

I can still view Masternodes (config), MN Details, Masternodes Network.
I can not view the budget proposals anymore :

Knipsel.JPG

Testing Alice & Suzy connections won't work either.

Last edited:
DMT 0.9.37

During start of DMT (not connected to hardware wallet right now) and when clicking clicking on Network Info & Refresh Status :

I can still view Masternodes (config), MN Details, Masternodes Network.
I can not view the budget proposals anymore :

Testing Alice & Suzy connections won't work either.
After forking both RPC nodes yesterday, I'm struggling to get them back to life. Even though the servers have fast disks, the process is veeeery slow.

If you need a bootstrap --> https://github.com/UdjinM6/dash-bootstrap

But good to know the reason behind those errors, as i was not sure if the problem was on my side or not.
It was entirely my fault: I simply underestimated the time needed to prepare a v20 dashd custom build for the RPC node. The rest is an accumulation of various technical problems, from library version incompatibilities to nodes getting stuck in synchronization with the blockchain.

Anyway, the "public RPC" nodes are finally working fine. You will also need to use a new DMT build, but for this I will post a separate message.

@Bertrand256

I updated DMT to v0.9.38 recently and just now noticed one of my Ledger account addresses (a normal wallet account, where my Masternode Payments are being sent to) is showing an incorrect balance (10 dash), when i connect my Ledger hardware wallet and press 'wallet'. I can't get it to show the correct balance (0 dash).

I tried :

Force fetch transactions
Purge this identity from cache
Clear wallet cache

Ledger Live is showing correct balance (0 dash),Blockchain Explorer is showing correct balance (0 dash),DMT is showing incorrect balance (10 dash).
When i am on 'Send' there is nothing to send, no input amounts, completely empty.

Any advice ?

Update : i switched to a different Ledger payout address and put a 'hide' action on the address / account with the incorrect balance.

Last edited:
Reactions: kot
@Bertrand256

I updated DMT to v0.9.38 recently and just now noticed one of my Ledger account addresses (a normal wallet account, where my Masternode Payments are being sent to) is showing an incorrect balance (10 dash), when i connect my Ledger hardware wallet and press 'wallet'. I can't get it to show the correct balance (0 dash).

I tried :

Force fetch transactions
Purge this identity from cache
Clear wallet cache

Ledger Live is showing correct balance (0 dash),Blockchain Explorer is showing correct balance (0 dash),DMT is showing incorrect balance (10 dash).
When i am on 'Send' there is nothing to send, no input amounts, completely empty.

Any advice ?
Sorry for the delay.
First, I would suggest checking if there are any entries in the log with the ERROR level. If there are, please send me the information to one of the contact entries appearing on the Tools->Show contact information form.
If there is nothing like this in the log, I suggest completely clearing the application cache. For this:
1. Run DMT
2. Open tha app data folder (Tools->Open Application Data Folder)
3. Close DMT
4. Remove the subdirectory with the name "cache" from the app data folder
5. Run DMT, open the wallet and after complete synchronization (which may take a while), check the balance

Sorry for the delay.
First, I would suggest checking if there are any entries in the log with the ERROR level. If there are, please send me the information to one of the contact entries appearing on the Tools->Show contact information form.
If there is nothing like this in the log, I suggest completely clearing the application cache. For this:
1. Run DMT
2. Open tha app data folder (Tools->Open Application Data Folder)
3. Close DMT
4. Remove the subdirectory with the name "cache" from the app data folder
5. Run DMT, open the wallet and after complete synchronization (which may take a while), check the balance
See : https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash-masternode-tool/issues/65

DMT log indicate a re-occurring problem (ocurring everytime i connect to wallet) with the purging of a timed-out unconfirmed transaction and a balance inconsistency. Since i have already hidden this address in DMT and am using a different address, i will leave things as is. New address is working fine and i do not plan to ever touch that Ledger address with the incorrect balance ever again.

Update : i decided to delete the cache folder and that fixed the incorrect balance issue on a specific address. However there is still a lingering ERROR in the log each time i connect to my Ledger Blue in DMT and i would like to have that looked into. So i will keep the Github issue open for now.

Last edited:
Hello Bertrand, I'm using the DMT version 0.9.38 to attempt to setup a new Regular (1000 dash) MN but I'm getting an error message shown below when I'm at the stage of the ProRegTx transaction registration with the Remote Dash RPC Note (automatic method) selected:

1. Preparing a ProRegTx transaction on a remote node. Failed with the following error: 569: Error occurred while decrypting message (1)

I have cleared the DMT cache by deleting the Cache subfolder and I re-opened the DMT and let it rebuild the cache and tried again but I get the same error.

I then deleted the entire .dmt-v5 folder and re-installed DMT and restarted DMT and allowed it to collect data from the network. I tried again setting up the MN however the error still remains at the same point of the installation.

In the past I've setup a MNs previously using DMT without an issue. Not clear what the problem is.

I'm using Allnodes as the host and Trezor Model T as the HW wallet with latest firmware installed to store the 1000 DASH collateral.

Hello Bertrand, I'm using the DMT version 0.9.38 to attempt to setup a new Regular (1000 dash) MN but I'm getting an error message shown below when I'm at the stage of the ProRegTx transaction registration with the Remote Dash RPC Note (automatic method) selected:

1. Preparing a ProRegTx transaction on a remote node. Failed with the following error: 569: Error occurred while decrypting message (1)

I have cleared the DMT cache by deleting the Cache subfolder and I re-opened the DMT and let it rebuild the cache and tried again but I get the same error.

I then deleted the entire .dmt-v5 folder and re-installed DMT and restarted DMT and allowed it to collect data from the network. I tried again setting up the MN however the error still remains at the same point of the installation.

In the past I've setup a MNs previously using DMT without an issue. Not clear what the problem is.

I'm using Allnodes as the host and Trezor Model T as the HW wallet with latest firmware installed to store the 1000 DASH collateral.

Not required to use DMT to set up masternode. You can do it all with Core wallet and simply sign the protx message using this method. https://trezor.io/learn/a/sign-verify

Guide is here: https://www.dash.org/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-create-the-perfect-masternode.52717/

This issue was likely related to another issue on the RPC node (specifically the 'protx update_service_evo' command) that has just been resolved. Please let me know if the "Error occurred while decrypting message" problem reappears, as it would mean that these issues were not related after all and require further investigation.

Hi Bertrand, I ran a test and it is working now. Thank you! I have one other question which maybe someone would know the answer to. What is the difference between an Evo node and a regular node in terms of rewards? Does Evo make more rewards than a normal node?

Hi Bertrand, I ran a test and it is working now. Thank you! I have one other question which maybe someone would know the answer to. What is the difference between an Evo node and a regular node in terms of rewards? Does Evo make more rewards than a normal node?
As Bertrand checks forum from time to time I'll respond quicker ;)
Actually the MN and Evonode earns the same APY.
Once the Platform is out, Evonode will earn more.
You can follow it more closely here:

Back