• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Recent content by m3110w

1. M

Newbie Q, which address to receive darkcoin?

OK, it finally worked. I kept making new receiving addresses in the darkcoin wallet but they didn't work; Cryptsy kept rejecting them. Then I used one of the "old" receiving addresses (about 15 minutes old) and suddenly that worked. Cryptsy accepted the "old" address and my darkcoins are now...
  2. M

Newbie Q, which address to receive darkcoin?

Hi All, I went to Cryptsy and traded some bitcoin for darkcoin. I now have some darkcoin sitting in my Cryptsy account and I want to move them to my Darkcoin wallet on my Win7 pc. So I went to my Darkcoin wallet and hit "Request Payment" and it showed me this pic. See attached pic. Which...
  3. M

Appears Darkcoin needs to run as admin.

Hello Errold and crowning, OK, thanks for the info. I'll see about making the changes so Run as Admin is not required. I don't remember perfectly but I think I tried to install the darkcoin exe first as a Standard User and it didn't work - the install hanged. That's why I installed as Admin and...
  4. M

Hello UdjinM6 and Errold, I always start my Win7 laptop and login into my Standard User account (I never login into my Admin account, well, maybe twice a year for some specific purpose). Here's the timeline. I download the wallet exe file from Darkcoin.io. I right click on the exe file and then...
  5. M

I got it from darkcoin.io (v0.11.1.25-gbdbdbf9-beta (32-bit)). I did not verify the sigs and checksums. On my Win7 Pro pc I always use a Standard User account to do my work. When I open my darkcoin wallet as Standard User it wants to download the whole blockchain (1 year and 2 weeks behind)...
  6. M

I did install it. Just to be clear installing and running it as Admin is totally not a problem for me. I can do that easily. I'm suggesting that it be made more clear that Admin is required for running it. The darkcoin wallet so far appears to be excellent software and I look forward to playing...
  7. M

NEW MEMBERS: Welcome to Dash! Introduce yourself...

Thanks! And a Namaste in return. Om Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu. :smile:
  8. M

Hi All, I'm a crypto currency newbie and I plan to purchase some Darkcoin soon. I installed the Darkcoin wallet on my Win 7 Pro laptop. It looks like it needs to run as Admin in order to work properly. You may want to make this requirement more prominent on the Download and Info pages. I run as...
  9. M

NEW MEMBERS: Welcome to Dash! Introduce yourself...

Hi All, I'm introducing myself. I'm a crypto currency newbie. I soon plan to purchase some Darkcoin. I'm now playing around with bitcoin, wallets, online exchanges, altcoin - USD transactions, etc to learn how all this crypto currency stuff works. Looks like a cool technology that has some...
Back