• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Newbie Q, which address to receive darkcoin?

m3110w

Hi All,

I went to Cryptsy and traded some bitcoin for darkcoin. I now have some darkcoin sitting in my Cryptsy account and I want to move them to my Darkcoin wallet on my Win7 pc. So I went to my Darkcoin wallet and hit "Request Payment" and it showed me this pic. See attached pic. Which address do I enter into Cryptsy as the "DRK Withdrawal" address? The address labeled "URI" or the address labeled "Address"?

I'm guessing I want to use the one labeled "Address" but I need to make sure.

My Darkcoin wallet is encrypted with a password. I presume that will not create a problem for the Cryptsy system sending me my darkcoins?

Please move this if it belongs in another forum. Thanks.

Thanks for helping a newbie,

Advait

Attachments

• 2015 03 07 DarkCoin receiving address.png
    2015 03 07 DarkCoin receiving address.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 85
Just enter the one labelled address. The one without the 'darkcoin:' prefix. You should be able to double click to select the whole address and then copy / paste.

Hi All,

I went to Cryptsy and traded some bitcoin for darkcoin. I now have some darkcoin sitting in my Cryptsy account and I want to move them to my Darkcoin wallet on my Win7 pc. So I went to my Darkcoin wallet and hit "Request Payment" and it showed me this pic. See attached pic. Which address do I enter into Cryptsy as the "DRK Withdrawal" address? The address labeled "URI" or the address labeled "Address"?

My Darkcoin wallet is encrypted with a password. I presume that will not create a problem for the Cryptsy system sending me my darkcoins?

Advait

Address: XpxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxC3
is what you will use !

any more questions ?
check some guides !
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/wallet-set-up-security-guides-all-formats-updated-28th-feb.4163/

Hi All,

Advait

You can do it this way, but the 'normal' procedure for your use-case would be:
  1. Open menu File -> Receiving addresess...
  2. Click on "New"
  3. Enter a label, here e.g. "Cryptsy"
  4. Now your list of receiving addresses has a new entry called "Cryptsy". Right-click on that entry and chose "Copy Address" to copy it to your computer's clipboard.
  5. Paste that address over at Cryptsy as withdrawal address (or however it's called there). Double check the address before you send. Then check it again...

OK, it finally worked. I kept making new receiving addresses in the darkcoin wallet but they didn't work; Cryptsy kept rejecting them. Then I used one of the "old" receiving addresses (about 15 minutes old) and suddenly that worked. Cryptsy accepted the "old" address and my darkcoins are now confirmed in my darkcoin wallet.

Thanks for your help.

Advait

Back