• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Budget Proposal - Vendor-Experience UPDATED

InTheWoods, GrandMasterDash please stop making things up. The objectives are clear, the steps they plan on taking are clear and we can hold them easily accountable to the objectives.

You can find the needed information here, https://dashtalk.org/threads/budget-proposal-vendor-experience-updated.7863/

It will answer most of your questions, read it, understand it. Please stop filling this thread with false information.

Well, if I can't conjecture the future then maybe eight year proposals shouldn't make such projections.

But okay, let's just stick to the facts. Many people here have stated their major concern is the eight year timeframe. More so, those same people have said they would of voted yes if it was, say, six months. That's not me, that's not InTheWoods, it was many other people. Go ahead, looks at the votes which currently stand at 471 : 351.

Additionally, the standard answer has been, "if you later decide you don't like what you're getting, you can vote no". And once again, many people here have stated, for various reasons, they don't like this approach.

So, tell me, how is it that we're cluttering the thread if the proposer has zero interest in making this a six month budget?

The proposal has been submitted. Go ahead and vote NO if you want. Continuing to spread FUD is considered bad manners by many around here. Please stop.

Edit
-------
By the way, yesterday there were 450 NOs, now there are 350.

Well, if I can't conjecture the future then maybe eight year proposals shouldn't make such projections.

But okay, let's just stick to the facts. Many people here have stated their major concern is the eight year timeframe. More so, those same people have said they would of voted yes if it was, say, six months. That's not me, that's not InTheWoods, it was many other people. Go ahead, looks at the votes which currently stand at 471 : 351.

Additionally, the standard answer has been, "if you later decide you don't like what you're getting, you can vote no". And once again, many people here have stated, for various reasons, they don't like this approach.

So, tell me, how is it that we're cluttering the thread if the proposer has zero interest in making this a six month budget?

Can't wait until the day you propose something and it gets torn apart, because you just added a huge target to your back with all these completely unreasonable expectations.

Oh wait, you prolly are never going to submit anything cause you just wanna run around making up stupid questions and what ifs....

The proposal has been submitted. Go ahead and vote NO if you want. Continuing to spread FUD is considered bad manners by many around here. Please stop.

Edit
-------
By the way, yesterday there were 450 NOs, now there are 350.

I don't think he knows what else to do with his life honestly...

I wonder if he even knows how to do half the stuff hes expecting from these people.... lmfao.

Can't wait until the day you propose something and it gets torn apart, because you just added a huge target to your back with all these completely unreasonable expectations.

Oh wait, you prolly are never going to submit anything cause you just wanna run around making up stupid questions and what ifs....

waaaa, six months and resubmit is unreasonable? - since when?

waaaa, six months and resubmit is unreasonable? - since when?

No, you coming into EVERY one of these threads posting you ridiculously high standards that noone has had to play by.

Unless you plan on playing by these rules, and expect every single other person ever to do this, please just stop.

Cause you are singling out people and ruining alot of shit. Anyone can have incredibly high expectations, go find someone to try and meet them, and have fun being lonely.

No, you coming into EVERY one of these threads posting you ridiculously high standards that noone has had to play by.

Unless you plan on playing by these rules, and expect every single other person ever to do this, please just stop.

Cause you are singling out people and ruining alot of shit. Anyone can have incredibly high expectations, go find someone to try and meet them, and have fun being lonely.

You didn't answer the question.

You didn't answer the question.

I don't give a shit about you question, you have done nothing but come in and create stupid expectations for people.

THIS IS NOT MICROSOFT, THIS IS NOT A FUCKING BUSINESS. This is a fledging idea that shit needs to just GET DONE, not sit around and bitch at one another because you don't have all the answers...

news flash, you will NEVER have all the answers. Get with the program called real life.

What's wrong with that? May they all get rich and famous!

I prefer having a business build with Dash over having no business at all.
A well known company will be better advertising than we ever could pay from the blockchain.

The only important point is that they make their developments open source so the community can use it and build on it for further projects.

He's a bag holder. Ignore it.

The day he does something except bitch on the forums, i'll stop pointing this out.

I have the answer, others had the answer ... just shorten the proposal to six months. Doesn't get any simpler than that.

But you know what, you win. Go ahead and have the last say. Keep your forums, I'm not interested.

In relation to the actual topic I have one suggestion to keep in mind. For any hardware designs please put them under an appropriate hardware open source license. GPL or other common software licenses do not exactly apply to the hardware world. Something like OSHW is more applicable http://www.oshwa.org/

Additionally please make sure to provide the schematics, pcb layouts or other design files in a format people can easily work with in common software such as Eagle not something that is a pain like PDF.
Thank you for the suggestion. If you don't mind, I may ping you for more advise when we are ready to publish documentation.

Thank you for the suggestion. If you don't mind, I may ping you for more advise when we are ready to publish documentation.

Certainly, at some point I need to get more involved in a useful manner anyways. However I am merely an amatuer hobbyist who does some electronics and programming.

And also to add since I have been vague in areas I have voted yes for this proposal with my masternodes. Everyone did a great job for the Miami Conference and the creation of tools to allow vendors to easily integrate Dash with hardware is something that is needed and will benefit the community. I want to see the evolution of your efforts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Certainly, at some point I need to get more involved in a useful manner anyways. However I am merely an amatuer hobbyist who does some electronics and programming.

And also to add since I have been vague in areas I have voted yes for this proposal with my masternodes. Everyone did a great job for the Miami Conference and the creation of tools to allow vendors to easily integrate Dash with hardware is something that is needed and will benefit the community. I want to see the evolution of your efforts.

/clap /bow

way too much emotions and heat in this thread, what happened to keeping it all objective and not feel personally insulted
when involved (emotionally or financially) in these budget proposals ?

way too much emotions and heat in this thread, what happened to keeping it all objective and not feel personally insulted
when involved (emotionally or financially) in these budget proposals ?

Emotions are not all bad here...I am excited about all the offers to help. Really encouraging.

Camo....well. He is trying to encourage a fight instinct so the conversation switches to "Lets do this, now where do we start?" instead of "Why do it?".. It seems to be working with a few volunteers. Don't let the way he gets his point across detract from the goals of the project.

can someone explain to me how they think they're going to get merchant adoption without this proposal then? The ones objecting... Are you going to get off your arse and do something that has a practical meaning to dash? Something that will allow Bob down the street to think that holding dash is worthwhile??

No! That's the answer! No. You want to hold your dash and hope that the value rises and then cash out. Whilst hoping for the millions. I hate to break it to you. It won't. Not without adoption. And that's what these guys want to bring.

For what it's worth, camosoul is no longer participating in this project:

(From Dashwhale)

camosoul 1 point,2 hours ago
Please vote no on this. The community clearly doesn't have the insight or maturity to understand it. It's as if we're debating whether we should breathe Oxygen or Phosphoric Acid. It's not even a conversation... Vote it down. This was a test of the community's capacity to make the big plays, and it can't do it. Not even close. Masternodes are still too cheap to keep the jackasses out. I'm not going to put myself on the line for this foolishness. I will not entrust myself to a group that displays such a desperate need for a maturity injection. Only a damn fool would put himself in these hands. I cannot, in good conscience, recommend DASH to any business with this sort of so-called "leadership." I can't even recommend it to a kid with a lemonade stand.

We all wish David would no longer participate in this discussion. Solar explained above.

David... I have to ask, how is that constructive? I get that he's narked at the minute and he has every right to be so. Everyone drooled over that dash vending machine and completely missed the point of it. It was to demonstrate the uniqueness of dash and IX. A small step in the right direction but now everyone has decided that we don't need that anymore. Instead we just need Evan to keep creating magical code that will increase the value of the coin...

I'll never ever understand such a stupidity.

THIS COIN NEEDS MERCHANTS!! Not just Evan!!!!

We all wish David would no longer participate in this discussion. Solar explained above.

Then I suppose it's unfortunate that I live in a free country. Ban me or block me.

David... I have to ask, how is that constructive? I get that he's narked at the minute and he has every right to be so. Everyone drooled over that dash vending machine and completely missed the point of it. It was to demonstrate the uniqueness of dash and IX. A small step in the right direction but now everyone has decided that we don't need that anymore. Instead we just need Evan to keep creating magical code that will increase the value of the coin...

I'm just pointing out that he's no longer involved with the project. Quoting the co-sponser of the proposal is not constructive? Well damn...you have my apologies.

Back