• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

PinIdea ASIC X11 Miner DU-1 (USB Version Hashrate 9 MH/s , Releasing in Mid-May 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Order #84 still waiting after being told that it's been shipped (with no tracking info) over a week ago. So disappointed.

Order #84 still waiting after being told that it's been shipped (with no tracking info) over a week ago. So disappointed.
Yeah I would be miffed with that, I was order #158 and got my 10 today. The first one I tried was dead, would not hash at all, others I find that a normal PC USB port struggles to give them the power they need and only work at lower clock speeds, varied frustrating results that way, much better with my powered USB hub.
On Win 7 64bit I have six units running thru the hub at 400 clock speed getting around 50MH/s, the others I will get another hub. I have a 12 port hub (2 for charging) and plugged in the main USB plug on the provided cables into each of the hub data slots and the secondary plug that is on each cable into the remaining hub slots and two charging slots.
The hub I used was from amazon.com , also ordered some Anker Brand usb cables.
Dyconn PowerHub SuperSpeed 12-Port 2 - 5A Charging Only Industrial Grade USB 3.0 Hub with Mounting Brackets (HUBC10B)

Finally. :)

Wednesday, June 22, 2016
Location Time Piece
1 Shipment information received HONG KONG - HONG KONG 16:11

Yeah I had 3 of my 10 units would not work very well on my PCs USB ports even with both plug heads in. One of those at only 200 clock the other at 300.

Now have all 10 of them working at 400 when using the decent dyconn powered hub. I had to use two hubs to cover the 10 . They simply need power to work well. The cgminer output screen isnt programmed to show all 10 miners, I can only see 7 in the output but the hash rate adds up to 10 units and the accepts show that the hidden units are doing their bit every so often.
Definately need to use both of the plugs on the cable in most cases, not all.

BLOCK! BLOCK! BLOCK! and so many, wont tell you who with :)

Using standard driver as supplied with pinidea software.

If you can't unpack it as zip-folder - use 7zip or WinRAR,
if you can't start cgminer.exe and got error - check if not blocked with Windows Defender,
or https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-ZGS-Teb6B1THptN2pFdnc0VEk

Thanks, does this CGMiner run in win64? Mine just fires up and exits. Cant see any error nor can I scroll up high enough to read it. I disabled defender.

If I type cgminer, I'm told to specify an algo, so I type cgminer --x11 and it basically clears my dos window. When I run a batch file, I get the same results even with the full line
cgminer.exe --x11 -o "stratum+tcp://xxx:xxxt" -u xxxx -p x --dr1-clk 200 --dr1-fan LV3 -S //./COM352 --du1

it basically clears my dos window
Use -T option to simplified cgminer output.
cgminer.exe --x11 -o "stratum+tcp://xxx:xxxt" -u xxxx -p x --dr1-clk 200 --dr1-fan LV3 -S //./COM352 --du1
Replace with your port number (usually COM3 and above), or you can specify several at once
-S //./COM3 -S //./COM4 -S //./COM5
but looks like it work better with 1 device per cgminer instance.

Use -T option to simplified cgminer output.

Replace with your port number (usually COM3 and above), or you can specify several at once
-S //./COM3 -S //./COM4 -S //./COM5
but looks like it work better with 1 device per cgminer instance.
Thanks, currently experimenting with 5 running per cgminer instance. Thanks for your help.

After playing with the units all day:

Out of 10: 8 work solidly @300 for 44 mh/s, 2 will not hash at all. Will keep plugging away at it before giving up.

After playing with the units all day:

Out of 10: 8 work solidly @300 for 44 mh/s, 2 will not hash at all. Will keep plugging away at it before giving up.
I had one that I thought was dead, did not hash at all, two that hashed at 200 2 that hashed at 300, thats just trying the computer USB ports.
Plugged them into my expensive powered hub, all the suspect ones go and they all work at 400.
So some experimentation is required but I think some do need more power than others to go at full clock speed. Why the variance? who knows.
Im happy about the one that was dead initially, some decent power sorted it out. Also make sure you use both plug heads to give it the juice.
How hopeless is the power spec of normal USB ports ? Could be quite dismal it seems.
But to tell the truth I have a better experience with the product named after a lake and will go for those if I want more punch.

I had one that I thought was dead, did not hash at all, two that hashed at 200 2 that hashed at 300, thats just trying the computer USB ports.
Plugged them into my expensive powered hub, all the suspect ones go and they all work at 400.
So some experimentation is required but I think some do need more power than others to go at full clock speed. Why the variance? who knows.
Im happy about the one that was dead initially, some decent power sorted it out. Also make sure you use both plug heads to give it the juice.
How hopeless is the power spec of normal USB ports ? Could be quite dismal it seems.
But to tell the truth I have a better experience with the product named after a lake and will go for those if I want more punch.

I am thinking I'm getting good power to them, bought this: http://www.eyeboot.com/iphone-charging-station

But yeah, I'm certainly going to be checking deeper before I panic.

Not sure what happened to them but their promised DU-1 have never arrived to me and they have stopped responding to me too both on e-mail and in Slack. I would hold off from buying their products until further notice.

Would love to know why I have to babysit these things. Every time I turn around I have one of them either barely hashing or showing me 90GH/S.....which means it's fubar. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back