• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Getting into Stack Exchange

We did it!!!! we are in commitment phase!!!! Thanks to all that followed and specially to those who chased and hustled down other people in the community so we got it done :)

This one is harder, but it is the last one before getting a beta site with questions and answers. In order to get there we need the following:

VAOEvyk.png

This means that we need 200 people committing and 100 of them need to have a reputation of 200 in another stack exchange site. So, things to do:

• Please commit to the proposal. If you followed it in the previous phase, you still need to commit, we start from zero again.
  • Tell others to commit! Use your link so you get some stack exchange reputation. You can find it below the counter by clicking in 'share this'
    vNEsGRj.png

• Ask and answer questions in other stack exchange sites so you get to reputation 200 in at least one of them. Do it because it is fun, not just because of the reputation :) In order to help with that, if you link your questions/answers here we can help each other by giving a vote here and there. Ethereum was five months in the phase before launching their beta. They had the 200 people in four months, but then they needed another extra month because they didn't have enough people with 200 rep in another site.

Yes sir!

edit: I need only 90 more rep to be one of the 200 rep users, I got 2 referrals already so if anyone needs to be reffered use my link, @fernando has plenty of rep still :p

Click this link if you haven't signed up yet please!
http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/98231/dash?referrer=RI-2fKKCIps27teqo7q7mA2

Last edited:
Yes sir!

edit: I need only 90 more rep to be one of the 200 rep users, I got 2 referrals already so if anyone needs to be reffered use my link, @fernando has plenty of rep still :p

Click this link if you haven't signed up yet please!
http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/98231/dash?referrer=RI-2fKKCIps27teqo7q7mA2
I don't think Area 51 counts toward that. The requirement is "committers with 200+ rep on any other site", so you're gonna have to earn that somewhere else :). I don't see one about web development, but you have one for Wordpress development (wordpress.stackexchange.com) where you could get it really fast... of course there is also Bitcoin (bitcoin.stackexchange.com). Just by joining with your profile you get 101 rep. Votes on your answers to questions or your own questions give you reputation, so post them here and we can do that.

I don't think Area 51 counts toward that. The requirement is "committers with 200+ rep on any other site", so you're gonna have to earn that somewhere else :). I don't see one about web development, but you have one for Wordpress development (wordpress.stackexchange.com) where you could get it really fast... of course there is also Bitcoin (bitcoin.stackexchange.com). Just by joining with your profile you get 101 rep. Votes on your answers to questions or your own questions give you reputation, so post them here and we can do that.

I dont get it, I have rep on bitcoin.stackexchange but it is not counted in area51. WTF?

I dont get it, I have rep on bitcoin.stackexchange but it is not counted in area51. WTF?
They only add up reputations over 200 to the global score. You are at 165 at bitcoin.stackexchange. As soon as you hit 200 you'll have the little flag in your profile and those 200 will count towards your global reputation. I just voted a question you did. In a couple of days I will vote some answer (it should not look organized!). If you are minimally active you'll get there very fast.

They only add up reputations over 200 to the global score. You are at 165 at bitcoin.stackexchange. As soon as you hit 200 you'll have the little flag in your profile and those 200 will count towards your global reputation. I just voted a question you did. In a couple of days I will vote some answer (it should not look organized!). If you are minimally active you'll get there very fast.

Thanks for explaining that lol I'll post some questions etc later today

Fernando, why do I see 5% in the commitment phase when we already have 37 committed people. Also, Monero has something like 28% already when did they start? We have way more active users than Monero, so I don't get that?

Fernando, why do I see 5% in the commitment phase when we already have 37 committed people. Also, Monero has something like 28% already when did they start? We have way more active users than Monero, so I don't get that?

That is false. Sorry to say. Dash has "investor" minded people more-so than the participant minded ones like Monero, Dogecoin, Bitcoin etc.

Still, we should be further along than 5% shouldn't we?

I think some of our subscribers aren't qualified yet so it doesn't count them. Most of the people signing up don't go any further than signing up the one time and never coming back. They need to build rep etc outside of this proposal to count I believe.

I'm probably one of them then :/ I'll try working on that :)

this is really a longshot to be honest

our own wiki has only a couple of people actually maintaining that , so why would suddenly hundreds of people be active at this
totally normal and nothing to worry about
I think we came far already and keep pushing

Still, we should be further along than 5% shouldn't we?
The percentage is the lowest of three different measures and one of them is the number of people with reputation 200 in at least one other stack exchange site. We need 100 and currently we only have 5, so that is why we are at 5%. Monero is going through all this much faster than us (first phase in a week instead of 3-4 and 89 commitments already), but I think they are currently decelerating

Just wanted to give this thread a much needed bump.

You guys are slacking Dash community, we need ALOT more of you over at stack exchange please. Stop thinking "someone else will do it", what is this, the presidential election?

http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/98231/dash

Commit. THEN GO STACK YOUR REP AT THE MAIN STACK EXCHANGE REP UNTIL YOU HAVE 200+ PLEASE. Also invite your friends. All of them.

Also I could use some help getting my Bitcoin rep to 200 please:
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/users/36120/thedashguy

Thank you to everyone actively on top of this.

Back