• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash now on KeepKey

tungfa

Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
8YCQnZr.jpg

https://www.keepkey.com

(bit expensive, super sexy)
:wink:

Super sexy, indeed. It's great to see that kind of support for Dash. Where is this announcement on their website? I've looked and don't see it right away.

Super sexy, indeed. It's great to see that kind of support for Dash. Where is this announcement on their website? I've looked and don't see it right away.

No announcement
Tao (I think) posted it on BTC
They mention Dash in the FAQ
https://www.keepkey.com/keepkey/faq/
I made the graphic :wink:
(That pic and text is from their webpage)

Last edited by a moderator:
Now where talking, sleek and stealthy looking, this will keep the missus guessing what I'm up to:grin:

me:
"KeepKey supports BIP 32 wallets, or what are commonly called HD wallets. This allows KeepKey to generate and store an unlimited number of private keys. KeepKey also supports BIP 44, which allows for an organization of accounts. KeepKey can support practically an unlimited number of wallets with an unlimited number of private keys."
BIP69 is supposed to come in Dash v12.. Will this make Dash incompatible with this device or will they be able to update the firmware?
Please let me know your thoughts on this and i will translate that to the community.

KeepKey:
BIP69 won't make Dash incompatible with KeepKey, as the computer client actually defines the ordering of inputs and outputs. So that order can change and KeepKey doesn't mind. But I should add, KeepKey doesn't enforce BIP69.

looks good but is it possible to create second backup of wallet from this device or copy own wallet to it ?

looks good but is it possible to create second backup of wallet from this device or copy own wallet to it ?

They are pretty active
Just ping them with questions direct

found the answer in FAQ
How do I backup my KeepKey incase it is lost or stolen?

When your KeepKey is initialized, you are given an opportunity to write down a recovery sentence. This recovery sentence is your KeepKey’s backup. If your KeepKey is lost or stolen, you can recovery your private keys using this recovery sentence. KeepKey supports the account hierarchy standardized in BIP 44. Any software that supports BIP 44 can recover your funds. You can also recover your private keys onto a new KeepKey with the recovery sentence. We recommend using KeepKey’s recovery process on a new device, as your private keys remain protected should there be malware or viruses on your computer.

does anybody have a guide for this,
or some screenshots and experience ? :rolleyes:

Hi!

I'm trying to store Dash on KeepKey, but haven't figured out what software can I use for that?

The original KeepKey Chrome extension doesn't support Dash,
Electrum-Dash lists only Trezor as an option for hardware wallet...

Thanks for any hints :)

Hi!

I'm trying to store Dash on KeepKey, but haven't figured out what software can I use for that?

The original KeepKey Chrome extension doesn't support Dash,
Electrum-Dash lists only Trezor as an option for hardware wallet...

Thanks for any hints :)

Hi Mart,

I am currently in conversations with KeepKey to clarify their Dash integration I will bring this up with them. If you give me a little time I will get you a clear answer to this.

Hi Mart,

I am currently in conversations with KeepKey to clarify their Dash integration I will bring this up with them. If you give me a little time I will get you a clear answer to this.

Thanks for quick replay, I'll keep eye on this thread.
I also opened a ticket at KeepKey about it.

Thanks for quick replay, I'll keep eye on this thread.
I also opened a ticket at KeepKey about it.

hey mart
please keep us posted about their feedback
i was wondering the same (how it works) as nobody seems to be trying/using it
tx

hey mart
please keep us posted about their feedback
i was wondering the same (how it works) as nobody seems to be trying/using it
tx

From KeepKey support I got an answer:

Although the device has support, we haven't yet seen a client adopt KeepKey support that does Dash.
Good news is, we are in contact with the Dash team and some very good support is coming soon. Stay tuned.​

So sitting back with my fingers crossed :)

From KeepKey support I got an answer:

Although the device has support, we haven't yet seen a client adopt KeepKey support that does Dash.
Good news is, we are in contact with the Dash team and some very good support is coming soon. Stay tuned.​

So sitting back with my fingers crossed :)

Sounds good! let's just hope it's really soon not soon™ :)
price is the same as the Trezor. Thinking about buying either the KeepKey or the Trezor. Would be nice to have some reviews, regarding Dash usage :)

Sounds good! let's just hope it's really soon not soon™ :)
price is the same as the Trezor. Thinking about buying either the KeepKey or the Trezor. Would be nice to have some reviews, regarding Dash usage :)

that are the same price now ?
keepkey was like 200 US$ compared to a TREZOR 97 $ or something

I have used Keepkey, Trezor, and Ledger Nano for holding btc. I prefer the trezor over keepkey because you can reuse the same receiving address while the keepkey generates a new address every time. Maybe there is a way to change this setting??

Honestly I like the ledger Nano the most because it seems to be the least "glitchy" of the three, is super cheap ($30), and the size of a small usb stick (does not require a micro usb to usb wire to use with a computer).

You can get any of the 3 mentioned on purse.io at discounted price

EDIT: forgot to mention that the screen on the trezor is very small so if you have a hard time reading small text then the keepkey might be preferable.

Last edited:
I have all three, too. Ledger nano is the only one that broke on me, and does not allow use of passphrase wallets. It only has a pin and that's it. Keepkey has a slight advantage over the Trezor in that it allows cypher input of the mnemonics. With Trezor, best practice is to create new mnemonics after you restore the old ones and access your money, since there is a possibility of keylogging from the plaintext input. Keepkey allows you to continue to use the same mnemonics even after restoring, because you retain around 100bits of entropy or so with the scrambled-word cypher entry method. Keepkey build quality is nice, but Trezor is conveniently small.

Back