• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Ideas for a Dash newsletter

I think this needs to be done by several people in collaboration. It is too important to rely on someone exclusively. However, in order to be coherent, there needs to be one that prepares the draft and then some editing/additions by others.

So a shared google docs template and a simple mailing list then?

Do we have a list of all the current projects being worked on?
Perhaps split into technical and community sections?

So a shared google docs template and a simple mailing list then?

Do we have a list of all the current projects being worked on?
I would start there. However, I'm not sure all projects are relevant for a newsletter. For example, the migration of the forum has been a huge task, but someone who is not into the day to day of the community probably won't care about it.

Maybe we have a thread here in which people suggests topics. One topic per post. The three/four with more likes get developed into one or two paragraphs each in a shared doc. The next three or four are linked at the bottom of the newsletter.

Yes a thread to bring together all the topics and projects would be the first step and then a vote would be best I think. Also to gauge what frequency people would want it.

Edit- In the morning when I am coherent and people have had a chance to comment, I will start such a thread.

Yes a thread to bring together all the topics and projects would be the first step and then a vote would be best I think. Also to gauge what frequency people would want it.

Edit- In the morning when I am coherent and people have had a chance to comment, I will start such a thread.
From the comments above I'd say once a month with the possibility of a special issue for really big things would be a great format.

If nothing else we should just layout possible list "niches" such as intro users, veteran users perhaps even just technical and/or investor targeted lists, this way we don't get a crappy CTR and can get the most out of smaller emails with less content, because there will be months with little to email about and we'll have to still send SOMETHING out as they will be expecting it.

After we choose our paths forward we could start with the main campaign or perhaps an intro to Dash campaign that focus on stuff newer users would be curious about and sprinkle in some links to places like Dashwhale, Forums, Reddit and so on.

edit: If we go too broad we risk ALOT of people unsubbing from these emails, which is not our goal, we want them to stay in the funnel as long as possible, so we should only deliver relavant content to the user/reader.

If nothing else we should just layout possible list "niches" such as intro users, veteran users perhaps even just technical and/or investor targeted lists, this way we don't get a crappy CTR and can get the most out of smaller emails with less content, because there will be months with little to email about and we'll have to still send SOMETHING out as they will be expecting it.

After we choose our paths forward we could start with the main campaign or perhaps an intro to Dash campaign that focus on stuff newer users would be curious about and sprinkle in some links to places like Dashwhale, Forums, Reddit and so on.

edit: If we go too broad we risk ALOT of people unsubbing from these emails, which is not our goal, we want them to stay in the funnel as long as possible, so we should only deliver relavant content to the user/reader.
I like the idea of many lists and topics... but how would you implement it? One big form with people saying what topics they want to be informed is too confusing... maybe different forms in different parts of the website? or maybe what you suggested of creating lists in other sites... but then we need to set it up in a way that doesn't breach the trust of users.

I like the idea of many lists and topics... but how would you implement it? One big form with people saying what topics they want to be informed is too confusing... maybe different forms in different parts of the website? or maybe what you suggested of creating lists in other sites... but then we need to set it up in a way that doesn't breach the trust of users.

I would say just set up a page on the website purely for signing up for newsletters, I mean we are bringing the financial revolution aren't we? I'm sure people are very curious as to how we plan to succeed at this.

It might be a tad bit of effort to sign up with multiple options and such but I don't believe ease of access is very important just yet, besides if you make it a tad bit more effort to sign up, you most likely also increased the click through rate anyways as you've always weeded out those users who weren't very committed yet in the first place.

I would say just set up a page on the website purely for signing up for newsletters, I mean we are bringing the financial revolution aren't we? I'm sure people are very curious as to how we plan to succeed at this.

It might be a tad bit of effort to sign up with multiple options and such but I don't believe ease of access is very important just yet, besides if you make it a tad bit more effort to sign up, you most likely also increased the click through rate anyways as you've always weeded out those users who weren't very committed yet in the first place.
That makes sense. I guess we can find a small amount to pay for the tools. I remember seeing a plugin that integrated with mailchimp that did exactly this. Maybe we have a simplified form for the "base" newsletter and when you sign up it offers other options or something like that... if you want them then it gets you to that page you described.

That makes sense. I guess we can find a small amount to pay for the tools. I remember seeing a plugin that integrated with mailchimp that did exactly this. Maybe we have a simplified form for the "base" newsletter and when you sign up it offers other options or something like that... if you want them then it gets you to that page you described.

Mailchimp is a steal, and if you want you can use it for free as long as you don't go over 2,000 subscribers, so test with a free account and a smaller email list and build from there, it's only like $50 bucks for up to 5000 subscribers and so on from there.

I'm sure you'll have well over 5k subscribers but hey it's a good way to bootstrap this while it gets figured out.

And yes there is a mailchimp HTML plugin for each email list you manage in mailchimp as well as feed specific data and all that jazz.

Mailchimp is a steal, and if you want you can use it for free as long as you don't go over 2,000 subscribers, so test with a free account and a smaller email list and build from there, it's only like $50 bucks for up to 5000 subscribers and so on from there.

I'm sure you'll have well over 5k subscribers but hey it's a good way to bootstrap this while it gets figured out.

And yes there is a mailchimp HTML plugin for each email list you manage in mailchimp as well as feed specific data and all that jazz.
I agree. In fact we already have the few emails we have over there :)

Back