• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Star citizen

Lzeppelin

I was just wondering if anyone here is a star citizen backer? Maybe there are enough of us we could create an organization.

Not a backer but should I have a kick ass pc when this comes out I will be one of the first to buy it.

YES! My buddy and I have been pledged and can't wait to role out my freelancer and starfarer! Choo Choo! How about you zeppelin?! What ships did you throw down for?

I'm so pumped about the 41 million dollar stretch goal too - "Procedural Generation R&D Team" With Procedural generation they really could make whole planets you can land and explore anywhere on.

YES! My buddy and I have been pledged and can't wait to role out my freelancer and starfarer! Choo Choo! How about you zeppelin?! What ships did you throw down for?

I was going to stick with the basic package because I really wanted to work my way up to a good ship but I saw the latest wingman's hangar and how you get AN ASTEROID HANGAR WITH A CUTLASS! So I traded in my pledge and went for the cutlass pledge level. I really love how you can just trade in pledges for store credit, it's a really awesome idea in my opinion.

I fear my pc will not support the game...

You still got (almost) two years to upgrade :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so pumped about the 41 million dollar stretch goal too - "Procedural Generation R&D Team" With Procedural generation they really could make whole planets you can land and explore anywhere on.

I was going to stick with the basic package because I really wanted to work my way up to a good ship but I saw the latest wingman's hangar and how you get AN ASTEROID HANGAR WITH A CUTLASS! So I traded in my pledge and went for the cutlass pledge level. I really love how you can just trade in pledges for store credit, it's a really awesome idea in my opinion.
You still got (almost) two years to upgrade :p

Two years? Wasn't it aobut to be launched in 2014?

That cutlass looks bad ass! I'm thinking by the time mining becomes inefficient with my GPU's, I can just use them for this game :p

Yeah, my RL buddy got me my first ship and hooked me into it! Name is ToTheCosmos . Don't have any dogfighting ships, so I'll have to have my friend over when the DFM comes out. Unless you can fight in the freelancer? I'm not sure. I used to play EVE hardcore for a while, and hoping the economy will be a bit similar.

Yeah, my RL buddy got me my first ship and hooked me into it! Name is ToTheCosmos . Don't have any dogfighting ships, so I'll have to have my friend over when the DFM comes out. Unless you can fight in the freelancer? I'm not sure. I used to play EVE hardcore for a while, and hoping the economy will be a bit similar.
I loved EVE, played it for a while but then it started eating up way too much of my time.

I loved EVE, played it for a while but then it started eating up way too much of my time.

I hear that! The political intrigue and free economy is what really helped spark my interest in BTC trading and learning a bit about markets in a sandbox mode. Capitalism really helped come to life in that kind of sense, and helping connect real-game events to fluctuations in market value. They should have kids play that game for Econ 101 courses! lol!

God, EVE is the best game ever created in this universe.
Wait, It's not a game at all, its a super good player driven economic simulation. In 3D :)

God, EVE is the best game ever created in this universe.
Wait, It's not a game at all, its a super good player driven economic simulation. In 3D :)
I would have to agree completely, there are only two MMO's that held my attention for longer then a couple of months. Ultima Online was the first and EVE was the second.

127a2824_eve-online-learning-curve.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh shit, I'm out of the loop, but that sounds right up my alley! I was one of the beta players for Second Life, just love that kind of thing, but then had kids and a Real life, so I barely ever go there anymore. Now that the kids are growing up, maybe I should get addicted.....er I mean interested in one of these again? lol :D :rolleyes:

Oh shit, I'm out of the loop, but that sounds right up my alley! I was one of the beta players for Second Life, just love that kind of thing, but then had kids and a Real life, so I barely ever go there anymore. Now that the kids are growing up, maybe I should get addicted.....er I mean interested in one of these again? lol :D :rolleyes:

Did you ever end up pledging, if so what ship did you get?

OH, I'm still driving kids all over the place. Never knew I'd grow up to be a chauffeur, LOL. No time for games anymore. Computer is mining all the time, ROFL, anyway. Yah, I might look into Eve, since you all say it's so awesome :D

Back