• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Evolution update

Take a look at Braintree (a PayPal company) too. They started after Stripe, but they have been outgrowing them. The model and API are very very similar, but they are doing a few things differently that you might find helpful. Really happy that you are using these as models! They are all the best in the industry. If you make life easy for programmers and gateway service providers to integrate, it really helps with adoption.

Yes I like Braintree, similar to Stripe like you say. We've been prototyping with a lot of solutions lately and comparing them to make sure Evolution architecture can provide the common thread of functions going forward. This all comes under the DashPay brand and like you say we want to make that easy for developers and gateway providers to integrate to make adoption more attractive.

The first thing to do with that will be letting them integrate DashPay into their app just like a normal 'client-server' system with e.g. a JavaScript lib for the frontend and a NodeJS/Ruby/PHP sdk for their server that talks to our 'API', with the difference obviously on the backend our AI is powered by our P2P network, but apart from some extra security steps from their perspective it's just as easy to work with as any other online payment provider.

DashPay at Evolution launch will be super simple though, you signup for a Dash account and fill in some additional fields to become a merchant (DashPay API-key), then you add your 'app' in the Dash system (e.g. my web shop) and then you can display your 'pay with Dash' button that will create a payment request in the Dash system similar to a Stripe checkout/charge. It's more like IAP at that stage but then we can start adding on more complex functions like order/customer info, subscriptions, refunds, discounts etc. It means we will have a list of 'apps' in the Dash system tied to users we can query and rate too.

oaxaca I hadn't really thought about it because it's hard to plug people into prototyping and working on the design...but thinking now we should have the new skeleton of the system soon which will be easier to get people in to accelerate...thinking...

oaxaca I hadn't really thought about it because it's hard to plug people into prototyping and working on the design...but thinking now we should have the new skeleton of the system soon which will be easier to get people in to accelerate...thinking...

Just say the magic word...

Just say the magic word...

oaxaca, spoke with Evan about this and he agrees we should apply for more budget funds to get more developers to build Evolution. The core team is obviously very well established and will build the Core aspects of Evolution (including DashDrive) but our web team (building everything from the new masternode app out to Evo's web end-users) is smaller and we have a lot to build, from the new Masternode app we are building through all the end-user/merchant libraries and end-user clients.

It's a bit early to do a full plan to fund and also I am having to do other work that is taking time of Dash so Evan suggested we just do this for now: https://www.dashwhale.org/p/evo-specifications

But i will work on a build plan that involves funding other devs and there are some really cool people we would like to approach with budget funds who are innovators in the Bitcoin space for the kind of tech we are building we would like to approach, and see also if others in the existing team can focus more time too.

@AndyDark
In the roadmap at https://github.com/evan82/dash-roadmap I read
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
13.0 - Evo v1 - Proof-Of-Work 2.0

collateralized mining implementation which supports energy efficiency mode
use mining network simply for hashes, masternode network will determine validity of data
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Does this mean that mining will simply protect binary blobs that are handed up to the Masternode network for processing?

If so then I can place any kind of data in that blockcgain of blobs and process it. Thus I can build any conceivable kind of P2P service?

Last edited:
Excellent thread ! The potential expressed herein is very interesting.
My thanks to all participants !
I do feel all effort should be made in the architecture to avoid legal liability to the DAO when facilitating P2P intercourse.
Did I qualify myself as newbie ? Much for me to learn here...
Best
rc

Back