• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkbids.com a Darkcoin Auction

Oh man, why didn't you post this a week ago! I've almost finished a similar site. Ah well... the more the merrier.
He posted it in the Darkcoin Websites forum. :) Looking forward to seeing it Centurion, keep up the good work! :)

Oh man, why didn't you post this a week ago! I've almost finished a similar site. Ah well... the more the merrier.
Cool. We should get together and talk ;) Also, if you need any help setting up DRK as a default currency, or similar issues, let me know, maybe I can be of some help. What CMS you are you using?

I should have the site built and running within a week, let me know if you have a banner you would like placed (a sidebar ad would probably be better right now 250x250). If any merchants are interested I can also set up a merchant webring on the site. Webrings might be a little outdated but they can still be very effective in directing traffic to related sites. I'll revisit the webring proposal when the site is up.

Can't wait to see both.

Cool. We should get together and talk ;) Also, if you need any help setting up DRK as a default currency, or similar issues, let me know, maybe I can be of some help. What CMS you are you using?

I should have the site built and running within a week, let me know if you have a banner you would like placed (a sidebar ad would probably be better right now 250x250). If any merchants are interested I can also set up a merchant webring on the site. Webrings might be a little outdated but they can still be very effective in directing traffic to related sites. I'll revisit the webring proposal when the site is up.

This is why I love this community :'(

I'll drop you a pm with all the info later tonight :p

I have taken the maintenance page down on darkbids.com so that anyone interested can take a look at the basic structure. It still lacks content, footer links, and some css work but the basic functionality is there. Anyone that would like to post auction items and help test just send me your email address and preferred username and I will add your account. Site testers will be given reduced auction fees (lifetime) for their help.

If anyone wants to inspire me with a donation please feel free ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have taken the maintenance page down on darkbids.com so that anyone interested can take a look at the basic structure. It still lacks content, footer links, and some css work but the basic functionality is there. Anyone that would like to post auction items and help test just send me your email address and preferred username and I will add your account. Site testers will be given reduced auction fees (lifetime) for their help.

If anyone wants to inspire me with a donation please feel free ;)
Xx9e1njk5H69k2xAhinbtTuLJYu2t1XkC1

Would we be putting up real auctions or just demo ones for testing? Also le sent face ;)

Thank you Lzeppelin, I have been inspired :)
You could put up a live auction if you want, as the site is functional, but the Terms of Service, Privacy Policyand help files haven't been published yet.

If you post a demo auction make sure it is labeled demo, or test, or similar. If you want to post a real auction you can do it, just give me until tomorrow to add these pages. You can post real auctions as "pending" right now, if you would like to try out the back end, and I can approve them after I get up the legal stuff and a couple of help files. It takes three auction items approved before users can publish without approval.

The site doesn't have encryption as of yet, but since the Darkbids doesn't store things like credit cards numbers or hold any coins that isn't really a problem. If I have people wanting to post real auction items it would definitely pressure me into finishing everything sooner ;)

Back