• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

So, anyway...

No. It's because idiots comfortable with a pattern of failure keep voting for proposals that don't make the budget any bigger; don't add value to DASH.
Respect to you, Camosoul, I was on the fence with you before but you have shown you're a man of action and not just words, the soda machine was beyond impressive, I admire creativity and smartness, thankyou very much and I hope you keep working this, you have my full support.
Hugs from the UK, take care, byzzz :cool:

Naw man... You're just getting frustrated. I can show emotion but still think clearly. Most people can't do that and they assume I'm "off the chain." Projection of their own shortcomings, psychology 101.

The most predictable thing about the neuro-typical is their ability to forget that I am not one of them... You must learn this ability. ;-)

Fair enough, working on that part haha but I'm the type of person whos easy to get riled up if you know what buttons to press..

If I can find someone in Seattle that would love to host this thing, i'd be there every chance I got giving presentations....

HMM. How do I get this baby to Seattle from the opposite side of the US? What kind of store might this fit best in? Maybe a small mom and pop ice cream shop?

Why not put it into an arcade machine, instead of the owner having to deal with tokens or tickets, he can have people load up on Dash to play the arcade games. And later they can pay with Dash to buy toys or use their Dash winnings.

He sounds half Vulcan to me :grin:
Spock_vulcan-salute.png

Why not put it into an arcade machine, instead of the owner having to deal with tokens or tickets, he can have people load up on Dash to play the arcade games. And later they can pay with Dash to buy toys or use their Dash winnings.

See now there's some helpful feedback :p

I'm going to see if I honestly can't find someone up here interested, I'd love to be able to go buy sodas for Dash..

HMM. How do I get this baby to Seattle from the opposite side of the US? What kind of store might this fit best in? Maybe a small mom and pop ice cream shop?
You don't have to! You can make one! Vending machines are everywhere.

Check craigs list and ebay.

Go the old fashioned route (which works best), look up vending machine repair businesses. They've always got something they'd be glad to part with... Especially one of these old single-price machines. Ante up the $200 it costs to buy it, and drag the sucker home. Grab your cheap-o wire brush set from China Freight, and you trusty old cordless drill, and get to scrapin'! Open it up, yank out all the bill/coin acceptor crap. Find some random junk to cover the holes. Mask off the buttons as best you can and squirt on some rattle can primer followed by rattle can paint. I got a shitty paint sprayer for $40, but I also already had a $1200 air compressor to hook it up to. You don't have to be that fancy tho. Hell, you just just leave it ugly if you want... But image does matter... 3 wires need to be connected to a relay. That relay conected to a Raspberry Pi. I send you a copy of this micro SD card's image. Bam. You're in business so long as there's nothing else wrong with your machine that needs fixing.

I agree the real world is the big picture, but we don't even have enough funds for your real world picture, not even CES.
We could have made 10x Dash n Drink soda machines with the money we wasted on Miami bullshit... Every one of them hosted in a real-world location with a DASHer standing there a few hours a day explaining it to real people in real life... So easy... So cheap...

Fair enough, working on that part haha but I'm the type of person whos easy to get riled up if you know what buttons to press..
How about having people press the buttons on your very own DASH Soda Machine? How's that rile you up? I got yer back. We're doin' this.

You don't have to! You can make one! Vending machines are everywhere.

Check craigs list and ebay.

Go the old fashioned route (which works best), look up vending machine repair businesses. They've always got something they'd be glad to part with... Especially one of these old single-price machines. Ante up the $200 it costs to buy it, and drag the sucker home. Grab your cheap-o wire brush set from China Freight, and you trusty old cordless drill, and get to scrapin'! Open it up, yank out all the bill/coin acceptor crap. Find some random junk to cover the holes. Mask off the buttons as best you can and squirt on some rattle can primer followed by rattle can paint. I got a shitty paint sprayer for $40, but I also already had a $1200 air compressor to hook it up to. You don't have to be that fancy tho. Hell, you just just leave it ugly if you want... But image does matter... 3 wires need to be connected to a relay. That relay conected to a Raspberry Pi. I send you a copy of this micro SD card's image. Bam. You're in business so long as there's nothing else wrong with your machine that needs fixing.

If you want to write this up as a legit guide, i can make it pretty and have images to go with ti and we can host it as a how-to website to get people to start doing this...

If I had space to tinker, I would definitely try it out. Seems like an incredibly fun project..

But I should worry about getting a new place first... been staying with my girlfriend for over a week now.. xD

The first step is finding a place to put it. That doesn't cost you a dime. Your G/F doesn't want you to stay there? That raises an eyebrow...

The first step is finding a place to put it. That doesn't cost you a dime. Your G/F doesn't want you to stay there? That raises an eyebrow...

Lol no no she does, I want my space though.

I've never been a person who likes living off someone else. I prefer to be independent.

Lols, vote update. These people are dead-set on losing... Please, someone fork IX even onto a plain-old 1tier shitcoin... Teach them the final lesson of such extreme arrogance...

If it supports the old-school jone's plug setup, it'll do just fine.

I've about had it with a community desperate to snatch failure from the jaws of success... I can find only a handful of people willing to work in the real world...

How about having people press the buttons on your very own DASH Soda Machine? How's that rile you up? I got yer back. We're doin' this.
How about it? Still nobody even had one conversation with the retailers they already visited today in the course of their normal lives? Did you buy gorceries? Stop at the gas station? Didn't say a word, did you?

smh

It's on you, not me. Maybe Obama will give you some more free stuff...

If it supports the old-school jone's plug setup, it'll do just fine.

I've about had it with a community desperate to snatch failure from the jaws of success... I can find only a handful of people willing to work in the real world...

I don't think you're really talking to much of the community, I don't believe all 3000 masternode owners are on forums. Do we even know how many actually masternode owners there are?

I don't think you're really talking to much of the community, I don't believe all 3000 masternode owners are on forums. Do we even know how many actually masternode owners there are?

Both are great points. This needs to be more publicly available information.

Lols, vote update. These people are dead-set on losing... Please, someone fork IX even onto a plain-old 1tier shitcoin... Teach them the final lesson of such extreme arrogance...

camosoul , looks like It is not easy for you to deal with people (being polite, flexible and all this stuff...)
But you are great with strategy, technology, ... Why don't you delegate PR-part of project to person who are good in managing relations with people (with investors, with merchants, ...) and focus on the most exciting part of the project?
I think it may be very effective. It is not because you are "bad" - but everyone has strong and weak points - it is normal.

camosoul , looks like It is not easy for you to deal with people (being polite, flexible and all this stuff...)
But you are great with strategy, technology, ... Why don't you delegate PR-part of project to person who are good in managing relations with people (with investors, with merchants, ...) and focus on the most exiting part you are great with? I think it may be very effective. It is not because you are "bad" - but everyone have strong and weak points - it is normal.
Because the businesses I had lined up have all backed out after watching the DASH "community" behave as they do. Even if DASH has the feature set, no one wants to put their business in the hands of sissy brats. Call me names, I speak to these people on a level of no bullshit and that's why they listened to me. But they're all gone now, after this display of incompetence and childish idiocy...

At least I got job offers! Not that I want them... "You're the man, but these people: No way."

I deal with people just fine. Sissy-ass losers, no, I don't deal with those well at all.

Because the businesses I had lined up have all backed out after watching the DASH "community" behave as they do. Even if DASH has the feature set, no one wants to put their business in the hands of sissy brats. Call me names, I speak to these people on a level of no bullshit and that's why they listened to me. But they're all gone now, after this display of incompetence and childish idiocy...

At least I got job offers! Not that I want them... "You're the man, but these people: No way."

I deal with people just fine. Sissy-ass losers, no, I don't deal with those well at all.

Using words such as: sissy brats, incompetence, childish idiocy, sissy-ass losers isn't professional. And what "businesses" did you have lined up?

Back