• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

So, anyway...

I have experience navigating CES.

Not at all. Now I don't know shit about the vending machine industry. But there has to be a 'show' or a 'convention' where those guys congregate every year. The Dash n' Drink rev B needs to get there. That will turn heads and expose DASH to the merchant side of the business.

Links please. I provided mine. And you have provided nothing.

So whos spreading FUD now?

Oh, can we please go to another show for no reason? See? A pattern of failure just because "we did that before, lets do it again!"

It's not a matter of whether or not we can do X. It's a matter of whether or not X is a stupid thing to do.

I can stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork for free! Or if you pay me 5000 DASH! But that doesn't make it a good idea.

I'll deal with you later. I'm trying to be helpful right now.

By calling people out for saying how pointless the idea is and saying they are spreading FUD when actually I was being nice with how much a booth at CES is going to cost.

You sir, are being useless, not helpful.

Oh, can we please go to another show for no reason? See? A pattern of failure just because "we did that before, lets do it again!"
The Dash n' Drink has not yet been seen and dismissed by the vending machine vendors. You're getting ahead of yourself.

No, what I'm suggesting is that we keep this conversation positive, CES is the big picture down the road, now let's figure out how we are going to get there.
No. The real world is the big picture. Not another nerd bubble.
Yea, but I don't think there are any soda machines on the island...
So? All this thing does is go "click" within a second of an IX being sent to it. The fact that that "click" is attached to a giant freezer box has nothing at all to do with it. Don't be so easily distracted by shiny things. It makes smart people wonder about you... ;-)

It has nothing to do with vending machines. It's just a closed development platform that proved-out IX's potential. Why ignore that potential and get hung up on a stupid old box?
Obviously it's just a test mule. But you have to start somewhere. DASH is disruptive technology. It takes 20-30 minutes to explain WTF DASH is to somebody. You have to get somebody to want to use it. Vending machine merchants will want to use it for obvious reasons. Consumers will want to use it if there's a need for it on their side. Privacy is the other angle that will convince the consumer to use it. So the obvious, no, very obvious first choice is to build a marijuana vending machine.

No. The real world is the big picture. Not another nerd bubble.So? All this thing does is go "click" within a second of an IX being sent to it. The fact that that "click" is attached to a giant freezer box has nothing at all to do with it. Don't be so easily distracted by shiny things. It makes smart people wonder about you... ;-)

I agree the real world is the big picture, but we don't even have enough funds for your real world picture, not even CES.

People like big shiny things ;) The Dash Soda Machine was a magnet in Miami.

No. The real world is the big picture. Not another nerd bubble.So? All this thing does is go "click" within a second of an IX being sent to it. The fact that that "click" is attached to a giant freezer box has nothing at all to do with it. Don't be so easily distracted by shiny things. It makes smart people wonder about you... ;-)

You are expecting children to think like adults. It's not going to happen, stop trying. Let them run around doing nothing and complaining about everything and just ignore them.

I'm about to get a very large ignore list going it seems. Be constructive or gtfo.

No, what I'm suggesting is that we keep this conversation positive, CES is the big picture down the road, now let's figure out how we are going to get there.
Well that's kind of simple and I'm going to repeat myself...whatever...

We get there by solving the technical problems in front of us, and developing proven prototypes for the various businesses to which Dash tech applies.
Do you see the correlation between what I mentioned and the proposal being discussed?

Obviously it's just a test mule. But you have to start somewhere. DASH is disruptive technology. It takes 20-30 minutes to explain WTF DASH is to somebody. You have to get somebody to want to use it.
I agree. So why won't someone put it in a store somewhere and hang around explaining it for a while? Post on a BITCOIN forum when you're going to be there to answer questions and demonstrate.

"What's that thing?"
"A vending machine that accepts DASH as payment."
"What's DASH?"
"Well, that's kind of a big question. Have you ever heard of Bitcoin?"
"Yeah, wasn't that some online scam for drugs?"
"Well, it wasn't meant to be, but that's how it ended up due to a lack of features that they refused to fix... DASH is about fixing those problems and making a currency that is actually useful!"
"Hm, I'm skeptical... Prove it?"
"You got $5?"
"Yeah."
"Give it to me and I'll give you the equivalent value in DASH on your smartphone."
"Ok, where's the App?"
"[show them where and install it]. Now push that receive button, let me scan that QR code that just popped up. Now, you give me $5, and I'll give you 1.2 DASH."
"Wait, that's less than $5?"
"Numerically, but dash is already worth 4x more than Dollars are, so that's how the exchange rate works."
"I'm not so sure."
"It's only $5, and I'll give it right back to you if you want. I'm not going to run off with 5 whole dollars man... I've got waaaayyyy more than that!"
"OK. [Hands me $5]"
"[I push send, his phone makes jingly sound.]
"Oh cool! I have DASH!"
"Now, see that same code on the machine?"
"Yeah!"
"Scan it, and send!"
"It already says 'thank you!'"
"Push a button!"
"Mmmm, this Coke tastes good!"

Is that really so hard?

Well that's kind of simple and I'm going to repeat myself...whatever...

We get there by solving the technical problems in front of us, and developing proven prototypes for the various businesses to which Dash tech applies.
Do you see the correlation between what I mentioned and the proposal being discussed?

Most of these people, wouldn't see the value of a project like this if it was slapping them in the face with profits. They need some "smart leader type" to tell them what to think, where to sit, and how to vote.

You are expecting children to think like adults. It's not going to happen, stop trying. Let them run around doing nothing and complaining about everything and just ignore them.

I'm about to get a very large ignore list going it seems. Be constructive or gtfo.
Naw man... You're just getting frustrated. I can show emotion but still think clearly. Most people can't do that and they assume I'm "off the chain." Projection of their own shortcomings, psychology 101.

The most predictable thing about the neuro-typical is their ability to forget that I am not one of them... You must learn this ability. ;-)

I agree. So why won't someone put it in a store somewhere and hang around explaining it for a while? Post on a BITCOIN forum when you're going to be there to answer questions and demonstrate.

"What's that thing?"
"A vending machine that accepts DASH as payment."
"What's DASH?"
"Well, that's kind of a big question. Have you ever heard of Bitcoin?"
"Yeah, wasn't that some online scam for drugs?"
"Well, it wasn't meant to be, but that's how it ended up due to a lack of features that they refused to fix... DASH is about fixing those problems and making a currency that is actually useful!"
"Hm, I'm skeptical... Prove it?"
"You got $5?"
"Yeah."
"Give it to me and I'll give you the equivalent value in DASH on your smartphone."
"Ok, where's the App?"
"[show them where and install it]. Now push that receive button, let me scan that QR code that just popped up. Now, you give me $5, and I'll give you 1.2 DASH."
"Wait, that's less than $5?"
"Numerically, but dash is already worth 4x more than Dollars are, so that's how the exchange rate works."
"I'm not so sure."
"It's only $5, and I'll give it right back to you if you want. I'm not going to run off with 5 whole dollars man... I've got waaaayyyy more than that!"
"OK. [Hands me $5]"
"[I push send, his phone makes jingly sound.]
"Oh cool! I have DASH!"
"Now, see that same code on the machine?"
"Yeah!"
"Scan it, and send!"
"It already says 'thank you!'"
"Push a button!"
"Mmmm, this Coke tastes good!"

Is that really so hard?

If I can find someone in Seattle that would love to host this thing, i'd be there every chance I got giving presentations....

HMM. How do I get this baby to Seattle from the opposite side of the US? What kind of store might this fit best in? Maybe a small mom and pop ice cream shop?

Back